What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What do you guys think about having a prayer request thread? I know that there are other parts of the forum for this but I thought that it might be nice to have one here - for our little "community".

We face certain issues that younger singles don't necessarily face and I think that we have a better understanding and empathy for each other and our situations...

I thought it might be nice to have one central thread where we can post our requests and then encourage each other by letting people know we are praying specifically for them and for their need...

Then we can come back and post the answers to prayer, etc....

Good idea? Bad idea? What do you think???

Reactions: catofhope

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did I inspire you, D? :D

I think it's an awesome idea! :thumbsup:
Yes you did! And I also posted a prayer request in another thread and thought it would be nice to have one central place for all of us to post our requests!!!

So I'm going to go copy and paste my request into here so we can get to praying!!! (you should post yours here to flnativegrl!) :D

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I really need some prayer regarding my job...

I have been with this company for 19 years. 14 years in one department and 5 years in my current department. Over the past 5 years some things have happened to put me in the position of having a pretty horrible boss. He is verbally abusive and struggles with bi-polar disease. There are to many things for me to go into here...but the past 5 years have been awful and the past 9 months things have gotten even more horrible.

I have always received the highest evaluation review from every manager that I've worked for. I believe I am a hard worker who tries to please and be helpful and kind to everyone. Lately, if I say anything that disagrees with my boss he will yell at me in the hall (I mean really yell where he gets red in the face) and tell me that I have a bad attitude and that he is sick of me, etc.

I'm not saying that I don't make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes but it has gotten to the point that I'm sick to my stomach almost every day before I come into work and I am so afraid now of doing something to set my boss off that I'm making even more mistakes...and I just feel very worn down.

I was invited this past weekend to attend the wedding of the daughter of one of my co-workers. The Vice President for my area was also at the wedding. He and I have a pretty good relationship - he gave me a big hug and asked me how things were going. So I told him that he probably didn't want to ask me that question. And he said, that bad huh? (My boss has a reputation for being horrible - the hard thing is that our area is the 5th top producing area in the entire company - and I work for a VERY large company - so it has made my boss somewhat untouchable) I told the VP yep! That bad. And the VP told me to give him a call to talk about it.

I'm not sure I'm going to do that but I have decided to start blind carbon copying the VP on some of the e-mails that my boss sends to me...

Please pray over this situation for me...I can't afford to lose my job but I can't keep going on like this...

(sorry for the long post :sorry: )

Upvote 0

Auncy

forgiven1
Jul 5, 2007
PA
✟35,719.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will be praying for you. I had a similar situation where the boss loved to yell at the women because he loved to make them cry. He was a bully and a very nasty man and for some reason I was his target ( he never got me to cry though). Anyway, I kept praying about it and felt that the Lord told me to trust him and not do anything. Within the year he was fired.

I will be praying for you that the Lord will make it clear on what you should do. I know that it is tough to put up with it but remember that God will take care of our enemy's

Upvote 0

lj4jc

Have you loved someone today? (1 Cor. 13)
Jun 23, 2005
Puyallup, Washington
✟56,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I really need some prayer regarding my job...

I have been with this company for 19 years. 14 years in one department and 5 years in my current department. Over the past 5 years some things have happened to put me in the position of having a pretty horrible boss. He is verbally abusive and struggles with bi-polar disease. There are to many things for me to go into here...but the past 5 years have been awful and the past 9 months things have gotten even more horrible.

I have always received the highest evaluation review from every manager that I've worked for. I believe I am a hard worker who tries to please and be helpful and kind to everyone. Lately, if I say anything that disagrees with my boss he will yell at me in the hall (I mean really yell where he gets red in the face) and tell me that I have a bad attitude and that he is sick of me, etc.

I'm not saying that I don't make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes but it has gotten to the point that I'm sick to my stomach almost every day before I come into work and I am so afraid now of doing something to set my boss off that I'm making even more mistakes...and I just feel very worn down.

I was invited this past weekend to attend the wedding of the daughter of one of my co-workers. The Vice President for my area was also at the wedding. He and I have a pretty good relationship - he gave me a big hug and asked me how things were going. So I told him that he probably didn't want to ask me that question. And he said, that bad huh? (My boss has a reputation for being horrible - the hard thing is that our area is the 5th top producing area in the entire company - and I work for a VERY large company - so it has made my boss somewhat untouchable) I told the VP yep! That bad. And the VP told me to give him a call to talk about it.

I'm not sure I'm going to do that but I have decided to start blind carbon copying the VP on some of the e-mails that my boss sends to me...

Please pray over this situation for me...I can't afford to lose my job but I can't keep going on like this...

(sorry for the long post :sorry: )
Consider yourself prayed for. :pray:

Upvote 0

lj4jc

Have you loved someone today? (1 Cor. 13)
Jun 23, 2005
Puyallup, Washington
✟56,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
We have lots of fires going on in the area, and people are being evacuated in case the fires get to their homes. Please pray that the firefighters get the upper hand (the main one is 55% contained). It is in the mountains that I can see from where I live and I know some of the people that live there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How was your day today, D? I was thinking about you as I was driving all over Orlando. :D
Hi flnativegrl! :wave: Thanks for thinking of me! And I enjoyed Orlando very much when I visted there a couple of years ago!!!

I'm hanging in there...my boss was only there for about an hour today so that was good - just have to figure out how to respond to some e-mails he sent me while I was gone...(they weren't nice :( )

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have lots of fires going on in the area, and people are being evacuated in case the fires get to their homes. Please pray that the firefighters get the upper hand (the main one is 55% contained). It is in the mountains that I can see from where I live and I know some of the people that live there.
I will be praying for you and everyone in the area! We had a huge fire here a few years ago and it was just awful...

:pray:

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hi flnativegrl! :wave: Thanks for thinking of me! And I enjoyed Orlando very much when I visted there a couple of years ago!!!

I'm hanging in there...my boss was only there for about an hour today so that was good - just have to figure out how to respond to some e-mails he sent me while I was gone...(they weren't nice :( )
Can I offer some unsolicited advice?

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
You probably already do this, but edit the content for actual facts and respond only to those. If you're like me, you want to respond to accusations or incorrect statements b/c you want to justify or explain your actions. Take a big deep breath and remember that his accusations are unfounded. Address ONLY the issues that merit a response and let the rest go. Otherwise, you get caught up in a debate that's not even worth having. It's hard, I know - b/c you want people to believe that you do a good job, even and especially your boss. But, try to remind yourself when you're responding that his perception is skewed and you aren't going to convince him otherwise no matter how hard you try.

I hope I didn't offend you - take it or leave it for what it's worth. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You probably already do this, but edit the content for actual facts and respond only to those. If you're like me, you want to respond to accusations or incorrect statements b/c you want to justify or explain your actions. Take a big deep breath and remember that his accusations are unfounded. Address ONLY the issues that merit a response and let the rest go. Otherwise, you get caught up in a debate that's not even worth having. It's hard, I know - b/c you want people to believe that you do a good job, even and especially your boss. But, try to remind yourself when you're responding that his perception is skewed and you aren't going to convince him otherwise no matter how hard you try.

I hope I didn't offend you - take it or leave it for what it's worth. :D
No! You didn't offend me at all!!! Actually, what I do is send a copy of his original e-mail to my home e-mail address and then in my response to him I edit out the crap and just address the facts and then I blind carbon copy that e-mail to home e-mail address.

I know exactly what you mean though! I am a lot like you in that I want people to know I'm doing a good job and trying my hardest and it's difficult when someone just won't acknowledge anything good and picks apart everything I do to find something bad.

Thanks again for your advice!!! I really do appreciate it!!!

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Hey D,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I worked for a company for 10 years as an office manager, and we got a new boss, who I'd worked with before and really liked. I thought he would be a great boss to work for. Turns out he was more into partying with certain employees and decided to try to get me fired (I worked directly under him). I used to go to work everyday and get sick to my stomach in the parking lot, and my husband was telling me "you can't lose your job!" He tried to get me fired by saying I wasn't following policy, but fortunately for me, I was smart and took photocopies of things HE did that he was accusing me of. I prayed so hard every day, and cried every night. Eventually HE quit! I just kept waiting on God. I know how hard it is, I definitely pray that God either opens another door for you, or takes him out of the picture. There is always a reason we go thru these trials. Ask God what he wants you to learn in this situation. My prayers are with you. And God WILL answer in due time. God Bless you sister.:hug:

memoriesbymichelle

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to request prayer for our church. Our Pastor is leaving and I really like him.
We have an associate Pastor and we are not sure if he will become the Lead Pastor or we will get someone else. The church members will decide eventually. I like the Associate Pastor OK but I don't enjoy his preaching style and there are issues with his wife maybe not being ready to be a lead pastor's wife. My Pastor started this church as a church plant 5 years ago. His heart is more into that, instead of being a shepard. I have sensed his ansyness (my word) for awhile now, and I truly want him to be in God's will. But he has such energy and I enjoy his style. I just pray for the right person to become our lead pastor. I have never been in a church that this has happened to, so I am unsure how we "try out" new pastors. I also don't know how the associate pastor will take it, if we vote someone else instead of him.
Thanks for your prayers.

memoriesbymichelle

Upvote 0