Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
redleghunter gave me an article so I quoted from the "article" which has an explanation. No I doubt in Matthew it talks about what that Scripture means and that was not my question. I have fallen away once so that was my question. I'm trying to figure out what it means for me. Why do you advise me to write down what would be loads of questions in a book when I can just write them down here in a post? Why give such a hard time when it's easier for me to do that and get answers from more advanced Christians who are on the forum?!
Well, my advise to you was meant out of concern for you. I believe all your questions I've run across were from Matthew and so I felt you might be spinning your wheels a bit and was afraid you'd grow impatient with getting down to the meaning of things. We know that all the passages of Scripture reflect or give additional insight to a given passage we are reading and so I thought it good to encourage you to do that reading at a bit of a faster pace and THEN go back and get analytical. Your questions are not the problem and I may not have understood where you are coming from.
So, from your reply I now deduce something new from your original question...you wonder if you have committed a sin rendering you worthless. Dear child of God, keep reading and keep confessing and asking God's forgiveness for this is the advise that Peter gave to Simon in Acts who fell into deep sin:
Acts 8:18-24:
When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, ‘Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.’
20 Peter answered: ‘May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.’
24 Then Simon answered, ‘Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me.’
There are many condemning passages for those who fall away and it is not to be treated lightly. I see you as one who is earnest about becoming right with God. There are many comforting passages to and the account of Peter is on such group of passages, the prodigal son and Daniel 11:35:
Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.
My prayer is that God intended to make you grow from the fear of failure in your Christian walk...that a greater sincerity and desire for holiness through faith in Christ should well up in your inner most being...Christ in you!

Upvote 0