Matthew 25:46

Those on the left are condemned to the fire why if they call Jesus Lord?

• The fire is refining

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The fire will turn them to ashes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • The fire will inflict eternal punishment

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

wendykvw

Author, and Patristic Universalist Minister
Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Blessings to you wendykvw. Why do you keep calling The Lord, Christ? He is The Christ. Christ Jesus. I have been through the fire but have kept the faith. The Lord's Fire is used during the journey to burn off the chaff in our lives. This fire can be the fire of affliction. And the enemy can be used for the affliction.(Job). This draws us closer to The Lord as only He can help us. In the end there is less of us, and more of Him. What is missing in this doctrine is the knowledge of what entered man in the garden. I know, I lived it long ago when I walked in darkness. That darkness, can not enter in,(heaven) nor can it be purged by fire. That darkness only leaves when The Lord enters in. It flees before Him as He is Holy.(Behold I stand at the door and knock.......) Long ago I opened that door, and I opened it wide. That plato thing you brought, the wisdom of man, let me sum it up easier, It is standing on the other side of knowing. That is where your group is. Until one is truly born from above, they are standing on the other side of knowing. Knowing The Truth. And The Truth is only found in Jesus. If I were to have died before 1996, I would never have enter in(heaven) because no unclean thing can enter in. For before that, I was a liar, a killer, and a thief. When you turn on your tv today, you will see the same. They are as their father is, a liar, a killer, and a thief. So no, there is no universal salvation. The Lord is just in all His ways. (for He knew what was in man) Gospel of John chapter 2 vs 24. Part of my calling is to snatch people out of the fire. The doctrine of universal salvation is being in the fire.And the one who puts people there, knows me well. He is a tricky and a subtle one. I know these words will fall on deaf ears, but don't listen to me, I am nothing but the least of the Lord's son's. Take it to The Lord in sincere prayer .And that goes for all of you. I write these words in here, for I know that time is short, and I know that it is The Lord's desire that none should perish. And when The Lord said "rest" It means rest in Him. Blessings!
Christ has many names. He is Savior, redeemer, the anointed one, the lamb of God, the alpha and omega….etc. I chose Christ …He is lord of lords king of kings. The beginning and end. Christ” comes from the Greek word Christos, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Mashiach, or “Messiah.” He and the Father are one…be blessed

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually all scripture is a favorite. But, like those who support eternal torment and annihilation we focus on the good news, and the victory of Christ. Not the victory of Satan. The traditional view is inconsistent on many levels. 1. Satan wins the majority of the world. 2. Sin defeats the savior, who takes away the sins of the world. 3. Adam was more powerful to condemn all people. 4. God’s Grace, and mercy are irrelevant…so many flaws with the traditional view. Lastly Satan is glorified, and Christ loses all creation. So yes, we tend to focus on Christ and His victory over the devil.
What a crock of nonsense. All 4 of your points are totally false. Would you care to explain to me where I misquoted or mischaracterized any of the scripture I quoted?

Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What a crock of nonsense. All 4 of your points are totally false. Would you care to explain to me where I misquoted or mischaracterized any of the scripture I quoted?
I will try to clarify. Scripture is all inspired, the problem is never with scripture. Christianity, from the early church to today. From Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant to other sects within the community of believers, all view through their denominational lens. Four views of hell, four views of the atonement, four views of any given doctrinal assertion. Universal restoration is the only view that points to the victory of Christ and the defeat of Satan….the only view the supports victory over sin, death and the trespass of Adam, so forth and so on. The ending is “ happily ever after”. Other views end with the complete and total victory of Satan, who is successful in perpetual death, sin, wickedness and suffering in the torture chamber.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will try to clarify. Scripture is all inspired, the problem is never with scripture. Christianity, from the early church to today. From Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant to other sects within the community of believers, all view through their denominational lens. Four views of hell, four views of the atonement, four views of any given doctrinal assertion. Universal restoration is the only view that points to the victory of Christ and the defeat of Satan….the only view the supports victory over sin, death and the trespass of Adam, so forth and so on. The ending is “ happily ever after”. Other views end with the complete and total victory of Satan, who is successful in perpetual death, sin, wickedness and suffering in the chambers of torment. Not a happy ending to a victorious Savior.
Thank you for this unnecessary lecture. Altho I attended Sunday School sporadically as a child, various denominations, I did not become a Christian until my mid 20s when LBJ was president, on my way to Viet Nam.
So, unlike many, present company included, I did not have a load of denominational baggage to get rid of. I questioned everything from day one. I belong to a particular denomination but I'm not dyed in the wool on all their tenets.
You probably are not aware of it but you clearly communicated your bias to me in this post. Everything you post will be influenced by and you will reinterpret every verse to agree with that bias.
I will offer only two verses, indicating my belief on a particular point, which I have posted before and which have not been addressed or refuted. Maybe you will surprise me but I doubt it.
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated “aionios,” in Matt 25:46, as “eternal,” NOT “age.” Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, the translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted below, know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:
The New Testament ( The Eastern-Greek Orthodox Bible) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
…..The Greek word “kolasis” occurs only twice in the N.T., 1st occurrence Matt 25:46, above, and the 2nd occurrence 1 John 4:18., below.
EOB 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear is connected with punishment.[ κόλασις/kolasis] But the one who fears is not yet perfect in love.​
In the EOB the Greek word “kolasis” is translated “punishment” in both Matt 25:46 and 1 John 4:18. Some misinformed folks claim “kolasis” really means “prune” or “correction.” That is a etymological fallacy. However, according to the EOB Greek scholars it means “punishment.”
Note: in 1 John 4:18 there is no correction, the one with “kolasis” is not made perfect. Thus “kolasis” does not/cannot mean “correction.
…..It is acknowledged that modern Greek differs from koine Greek but I am confident that the Greek speaking EOB scholars are competent enough to know the correct meanings of old words which may have changed in meaning or are no longer used and translate them correctly. Just as scholars today know the meaning of archaic words which occur in the KJV and translate them correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wendykvw

Mar 24, 2011
Colorado
✟4,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for this unnecessary lecture. Altho I attended Sunday School sporadically as a child, various denominations, I did not become a Christian until my mid 20s when LBJ was president, on my way to Viet Nam.
So, unlike many, present company included, I did not have a load of denominational baggage to get rid of. I questioned everything from day one. I belong to a particular denomination but I'm not dyed in the wool on all their tenets.
You probably are not aware of it but you clearly communicated your bias to me in this post. Everything you post will be influenced by and you will reinterpret every verse to agree with that bias.
I will offer only two verses, indicating my belief on a particular point, which I have posted before and which have not been addressed or refuted. Maybe you will surprise me but I doubt it.
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated “aionios,” in Matt 25:46, as “eternal,” NOT “age.” Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, the translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted below, know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:
The New Testament ( The Eastern-Greek Orthodox Bible) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
…..The Greek word “kolasis” occurs only twice in the N.T., 1st occurrence Matt 25:46, above, and the 2nd occurrence 1 John 4:18., below.
EOB 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear is connected with punishment.[ κόλασις/kolasis] But the one who fears is not yet perfect in love.​
In the EOB the Greek word “kolasis” is translated “punishment” in both Matt 25:46 and 1 John 4:18. Some misinformed folks claim “kolasis” really means “prune” or “correction.” That is a etymological fallacy. However, according to the EOB Greek scholars it means “punishment.”
Note: in 1 John 4:18 there is no correction, the one with “kolasis” is not made perfect. Thus “kolasis” does not/cannot mean “correction.
…..It is acknowledged that modern Greek differs from koine Greek but I am confident that the Greek speaking EOB scholars are competent enough to know the correct meanings of old words which may have changed in meaning or are no longer used and translate them correctly. Just as scholars today know the meaning of archaic words which occur in the KJV and translate them correctly.
Your welcome. Ditto.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Universal restoration is the only view that points to the victory of Christ and the defeat of Satan….the only view the supports victory over sin, death and the trespass of Adam...[/QUOTE

"For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." ~John 6:33

"The bread of God is the One who came out of heaven to give his life to feed the world.” ~TPT

The world means the entire world. The first-fruits of His love & grace partake of Him now. In the fulness of times all creation is drawn into Him. All creation in universal adoration.

Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟204,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the NT does so on every other, if not every page.
Jesus is The Christ. Christ Jesus is descriptive of what Jesus is. It is not a name. Jesus is The Name above all Names. The Father, The Son(Jesus), The Holy Spirit. I say these things to you for understanding, not for the sake of correction, as that, you do not need. Blessings in Christ Jesus Clare73!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is The Christ. Christ Jesus is descriptive of what Jesus is. It is not a name. Jesus is The Name above all Names. The Father, The Son(Jesus), The Holy Spirit. I say these things to you for understanding, not for the sake of correction, as that, you do not need. Blessings in Christ Jesus Clare73!
Thanks. . .are you saying Paul does not do the same?

Upvote 0