Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This particular verse in general, has anyone given much thought to it?

It sounds like to me when looking at it from a holistic approach, it looks like there may be environmental factors that would be playing a role. It sounds like to me from reading this verse that people just don't care anymore (and this may be due to the way how society is, or becoming)

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It sounds like to me when looking at it from a holistic approach, it looks like there may be environmental factors that would be playing a role. It sounds like to me from reading this verse that people just don't care anymore (and this may be due to the way how society is, or becoming)

Matt 24: 9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Can you explain how enviromental factors will affect peoples love for Jesus?

Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People betraying and hating each other, increase of wickedness, love of most will grow cold? This to me sounds like there is something that is happening in the time period concerned that to me sounds like people don't care, or perhaps too afraid to show compassion or help.

But this here "love of most will grow cold", what is causing this? Is it unjust laws in society?

Does anyone recall the incident that involve a little girl in China (there are still articles on this on the internet, dated back in October 2011) that was run over, left in the street and was ignored by bystanders. At first I couldn't believe it, until I researched why bystanders ignored.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I don't know if your society is getting worse. Have a look at how people behaved in the time of Jesus.

Luke 10:30-32
Jesus replied and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he encountered robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead. And by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

I don't think society has changed very much.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an important picture in Luke 10:30-35; and is actually a prophetic view the Lord is showing prophetically about the time-line for Christianity (as many esteemed Bible teachers show).
The "certain man" is really all fallen mankind, and the "priest" represents many carnal religious leaders, and the "Levite" speaks of religious type people --who often miss their responsibilities. The "Samaritan": a picture of our Savior --the Lord Jesus, came and rescued the man. He took him to an "Inn"; seen as a picture of the universal Church (called out saints of God); and said for them to "take care of him". The Samaritan gave them "two pence" and said: "when I come again,I will repay you for anything more you spent".
Bible students know that a days wage at that time was a pence, and God says: "a day is as a thousand years" with God. This makes clear in prophecy that God has given His saints two thousand years of Grace, and then He will return for His redeemed souls.
It is quite evident to deep study of the Word of God, that the four thousand years God gave in the Old Testament, plus the two thousand years He allows for the Church universal, is about over (perhaps about seven or eight more years) as one sees this year of 2022 now. We cannot say with certainty, but many Bible teachers believe the 'rapture' (wondrous sensation) --the calling up of the redeemed souls, is about to be realizd.
This is a worthy view to meditate on, I would say. -1watchman.

Upvote 0