Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:10

ουτος γαρ εστιν περι ου γεγραπται ιδου εγω αποστελλω τον αγγελον μου προ προσωπου σου ος κατασκευασει την οδον σου εμπροσθεν σου

he for is about whom written behold I I-send the messenger my before face your who he-will-prepare the road in-front-of you

For he is the one about whom it is written, "Behold I send my messenger before you who will prepare the road in front of you.

Upvote 0
S

someguy14

Okay thanks. I hope you enjoy the thread. I'm sorry that I called you a troll. Some of the things you said were pretty harsh, but I should not have responded in that way. I am a Christian. I have given my life to Jesus Christ and I live for Him. He has saved me from death and will resurrect me to eternal life after I die. Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I know that you and I have some differences, but this thread is not the place to discuss them. Please visit some of the threads in UT if you want to discuss that stuff.

PS, God has richly blessed me and I am not disappointed with His Blessings. I am thankful everyday for what God has given me, material and immaterial blessings. God is good.

Friend if God loves you, God forbid I accept any other way. You are very precious to God and please forgive me if I offended in any way, though they must come upon some. God has shown that the father of lies, satan himself, will be sent to eternal torment, and those that reject that truth, have rejected the good news that Jesus preached, that we have witness in the gospels. Wickedness ceases to exist friend. And I stand firm on the promises of God and all of His followers. May God bless all of those that trust in Him and Him alone.

Reactions: Timothew
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:10

ουτος γαρ εστιν περι ου γεγραπται ιδου εγω αποστελλω τον αγγελον μου προ προσωπου σου ος κατασκευασει την οδον σου εμπροσθεν σου

he for is about whom written behold I I-send the messenger my before face your who he-will-prepare the road in-front-of you

For he is the one about whom it is written, "Behold I send my messenger before you who will prepare the road in front of you.
Mat 11:10 ουτος εστιν περι ου γεγραπται ιδου εγω αποστελλω τον αγγελον μου προ προσωπου σου ος κατασκευασει την οδον σου εμπροσθεν σου

Mat 11:10 This one is concerning of whom it is written, Lo, I send my messenger in front of your face, which shall construct your way in the your presence.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:11

αμην λεγω υμιν ουκ εγηγερται εν γεννητοις γυναικων μειζων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου ο δε μικροτερος εν τη βασιλεια των ουρανων μειζων αυτου εστιν

amen I-tell you not raised in born women greater John the baptist the but least in the kingdom the heaven greater he is

Amen, I tell you there has not arisen among those born of women anyone greater than John the Baptist, but the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:11

αμην λεγω υμιν ουκ εγηγερται εν γεννητοις γυναικων μειζων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου ο δε μικροτερος εν τη βασιλεια των ουρανων μειζων αυτου εστιν

amen I-tell you not raised in born women greater John the baptist the but least in the kingdom the heaven greater he is

Amen, I tell you there has not arisen among those born of women anyone greater than John the Baptist, but the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Mat 11:11 αμην λεγω υμιν ουκ εγηγερται εν γεννητοις γυναικων μειζων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου ο δε μικροτερος εν τη βασιλεια των ουρανων μειζων αυτου εστιν

Mat 11:11 Verily I say to you, there has not been reared in women, a greater than John the Baptist: but one that is the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than him.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:12

απο δε των ημερων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου εως αρτι η βασιλεια των ουρανων βιαζεται και βιασται αρπαζουσιν αυτην

from but the days John the Baptist until now the kingdom the heaven is battered and batterers seize it

But from the days of John the Baptist until now the Kingdom of Heaven has been battered and they are snatching it away.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:12

απο δε των ημερων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου εως αρτι η βασιλεια των ουρανων βιαζεται και βιασται αρπαζουσιν αυτην

from but the days John the Baptist until now the kingdom the heaven is battered and batterers seize it

But from the days of John the Baptist until now the Kingdom of Heaven has been battered and they are snatching it away.
Mat 11:12 απο δε των ημερων ιωαννου του βαπτιστου εως αρτι η βασιλεια των ουρανων βιαζεται και βιασται αρπαζουσιν αυτην

Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist up until just now the kingdom of heaven is treated with violence, and the violent ravish it.

βιασται and βιαζεται from βιάζω force, constrain, mid., overpower, treat with violence

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:13

παντες γαρ οι προφηται και ο νομος εως ιωαννου προεφητευσαν

all for the prophets and the law until John foretell

For all of the prophets and the law foretell until John,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:13

παντες γαρ οι προφηται και ο νομος εως ιωαννου προεφητευσαν

all for the prophets and the law until John foretell

For all of the prophets and the law foretell until John,
Mat 11:13 παντες γαρ οι προφηται και ο νομος εως ιωαννου επροφητευσαν
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law they prophesied up until John.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 11:13 παντες γαρ οι προφηται και ο νομος εως ιωαννου επροφητευσαν
Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law they prophesied up until John.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Timothew thanks, by the way here is a Hebrew site that may help, just type in the OT verse and it is displayed in Hebrew and the main word in English!
Greek and Hebrew Reader's Edition | BibleWebApp.com

This is the Hebrew Bible I use:
Hebrew Old Testament

Here is verse 19:2 in Job:
עד-אנה תוגיון נפשי ות דכא ונני במלים
be depressed, oppressed; crushed, suppressed

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Job 19:2[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] How long will ye vex my soul, and break me in pieces [oppress me] with words[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Oppression is the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner. It can also be defined as an act or instance of oppressing, the state of being oppressed, and the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, and anxiety. [Wiki][/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like that site.

For Hebrew, I don't know the characters of the aleph-beth so seeing it in Hebrew isn't much help to me. I also don't have the same "attachment" to the OT that I have to the NT. My pastor says this is a problem for me. I read (present tense) the OT, but it doesn't speak to me the same way the NT does. I think I'll leave Hebrew to the experts. When I was in my OT class in college, I wanted to learn Hebrew because every time I disagreed with the professor, he would say "But in Hebrew it says this." It got frustrating. But I never learned Hebrew, my class schedule was too full, and winning an argument is not a good reason to learn another language.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:14

και ει θελετε δεξασθαι αυτος εστιν ηλιας ο μελλων ερχεσθαι

and if you-desire receive he is Elias the (or who) is-about-to come

and if you desire to receive it, he is the coming Elias.

θέλετε is a good example of a word in greek that is easy enough to understand in greek, but difficult to express in english. That's why I say "There is not one and only one perfect translation of the greek text into english." The greek text means what it says in greek. Every translation is an approximation of what the greek text is saying.

And if you please, wish, want, desire, can, are willing, resolve...
How can one translated word express all of this???
But if my translation is slightly different from someone else's pet translation...Watch out! I'm a heretic. doh!

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:14

και ει θελετε δεξασθαι αυτος εστιν ηλιας ο μελλων ερχεσθαι

and if you-desire receive he is Elias the (or who) is-about-to come

and if you desire to receive it, he is the coming Elias.
Mat 11:14 και ει θελετε δεξασθαι αυτος εστιν ηλιας ο μελλων ερχεσθαι

Mat 11:14 And if you will accept this, it is Elias, who will happen to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:15

ο εχων ωτα ακουειν ακουετω

the having ears he-hears hear

Whoever has hearing ears, let him hear.
Mat 11:15 ο εχων ωτα ακουετω
Mat 11:15
The ones having ears, hear

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mat 11:16 τινι δε ομοιωσω την γενεαν ταυτην ομοια εστιν παιδιοις καθημενοις εν ταις αγοραις α προσφωνουντα τοις ετεροις
Mat 11:16 what but resemble the generation this? similar it is a young slave sitting in the markets and calling to the others
Mat 11:16 But what shall resemble this generation? It is similar to a young slave sitting in the markets, and calling to the others,

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:16

τινι δε ομοιωσω την γενεαν ταυτην ομοια εστιν παιδιοις εν αγοραις καθημενοις και προσφωνουσιν τοις εταιροις αυτων

what but I-compare the generation this like is children in the-market sitting and calling-to the others their

What can I compare this generation to? They are like children sitting in the market calling out to another group of children,

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:17

και λεγουσιν ηυλησαμεν υμιν και ουκ ωρχησασθε εθρηνησαμεν υμιν και ουκ εκοψασθε

and saying we-fluted you and not you-are-dancing we-wailed you and not you-are-mourning

saying, "We played a flute for you but you didn't dance! We played a dirge for you but you didn't mourn!"

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:17

και λεγουσιν ηυλησαμεν υμιν και ουκ ωρχησασθε εθρηνησαμεν υμιν και ουκ εκοψασθε

and saying we-fluted you and not you-are-dancing we-wailed you and not you-are-mourning

saying, "We played a flute for you but you didn't dance! We played a dirge for you but you didn't mourn!"
Mat 11:17 λεγουσιν ηυλησαμεν υμιν και ουκ ωρχησασθε εθρηνησαμεν και ουκ εκοψασθε

Mat 11:17 saying, We have played on a flute to you, and you have not danced; we have bemoaned for you, and you still have not cut it out.

κόπτω κόψονται cut, slash, cut off, chip, skive,

Upvote 0