• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Matt, Mk, Lk marrying & giving in marriage

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by BrotherJJ, Mar 15, 2021.

1. BrotherJJ

BrotherJJ Well-Known Member

+286
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Also see Mk 12:25 & Lk 20:35)

Jesus taught there is, NO, marrying or giving in marriage traditions, in the heavenlies.

There is one heavenly wedding/marriage forthcoming. It's a One Time Everlasting Event!

When the LORD marries His redeemed bride. And has that promised cup of a blessing (Matt 26:29 & Lk 22:18) with His redeemed bride.

Rev 7:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Lord is husband reference:
    Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
    (MY NOTE: The LORD proclaims to be their Redeemer & Husband)

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD.
    (MY NOTE: The LORD say's in the day He lead out of Egypt. He made a (spiritual marriage) covenant & was a Husband to them.)

Eze 16:8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.
    (MY NOTE: The LORD say's He spread His skirt over them, entered in a (spiritual marriage) covenant & they became His)

BOOK OF RUTH
    For 3500 yrs the read the Book of Ruth every Pentecost. The story of Boaz a Kinsman Redeemer. A shadow of Christ & his Bride/Church. Boaz a wealthy landowner of the tribe of Judah, takes the gentile Ruth for his wife.

Ruth 3:9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: ""spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid"" for thou art a near kinsman.
    (NOTE: Spread therefore thy skirt (TALITH) over thine hand maid: This verse is a marriage proposal. When a Jewish man married a woman, he threw the end of his his skirt (TALITH) over her head, covering her, to signify that she was now under his covering/protection. When we say yes to Christ, he seals/immerses/baptizes us with his Holy Spirit of covering/protection)

When the 10 commandments were given on Mt Sinai, on the 1st recorded Pentecost. It was (spiritual) covenant/marriage contract & the Lord became their husband.

I believe the Lord Jesus entered into a covenant/marriage contract. Betrothed His bride, the redeemed Body of Christ. At the 1st post resurrection Pentecost. Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit is the covenant/contract Seal. Amen

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?