North America
✟167,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. (Also see Mk 12:25 & Lk 20:35)

Jesus taught there is, NO, marrying or giving in marriage traditions, in the heavenlies.

There is one heavenly wedding/marriage forthcoming. It's a One Time Everlasting Event!

When the LORD marries His redeemed bride. And has that promised cup of a blessing (Matt 26:29 & Lk 22:18) with His redeemed bride.

Rev 7:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Lord is husband reference:
Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
(MY NOTE: The LORD proclaims to be their Redeemer & Husband)

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD.
(MY NOTE: The LORD say's in the day He lead out of Egypt. He made a (spiritual marriage) covenant & was a Husband to them.)

Eze 16:8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.
(MY NOTE: The LORD say's He spread His skirt over them, entered in a (spiritual marriage) covenant & they became His)

BOOK OF RUTH
For 3500 yrs the read the Book of Ruth every Pentecost. The story of Boaz a Kinsman Redeemer. A shadow of Christ & his Bride/Church. Boaz a wealthy landowner of the tribe of Judah, takes the gentile Ruth for his wife.

Ruth 3:9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: ""spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid"" for thou art a near kinsman.
(NOTE: Spread therefore thy skirt (TALITH) over thine hand maid: This verse is a marriage proposal. When a Jewish man married a woman, he threw the end of his his skirt (TALITH) over her head, covering her, to signify that she was now under his covering/protection. When we say yes to Christ, he seals/immerses/baptizes us with his Holy Spirit of covering/protection)

When the 10 commandments were given on Mt Sinai, on the 1st recorded Pentecost. It was (spiritual) covenant/marriage contract & the Lord became their husband.

I believe the Lord Jesus entered into a covenant/marriage contract. Betrothed His bride, the redeemed Body of Christ. At the 1st post resurrection Pentecost. Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit is the covenant/contract Seal. Amen

Last edited: