Ft Hood, TX
✟716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, masturbation isn't a matter of lust 4 u guys? Chicks don't even cross your minds when you do it? If that's true, then you apparently grew up on an desert island all by yourself. But, seeing as it isn't true, there's no need to call the coast guard.

And as for the Matthew 5:28-30 passages, what do you think He was talking about? Usually when someone starts talking about lust, sexual sins, your eyes, and your RIGHT HAND the implication is obvious. I mean come on, guys. It's not like masturbation is "new" or "original" - it wouldn't have taken guys long to realize, "Hey! This feels GOOD!" Duh. Think about it. In essence, Christ said it's bad. And if we love Christ, we'll strive not to do that which is sinful in His eyes.

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

And Wonderboy, I'd ask you to remember this: the gift of God's grace is NOT a license to sin. We are to strive to obey God's commands, whilst still understanding that our mistakes will not condemn us in God's eyes. We must strive to be Christ-like, and Christ was without flaw.

Upvote 0

ScottGotTold

Tolerance after the Fall
Mar 6, 2004
Mesa, AZ
Visit site
✟174.00
Faith
Agnostic
I dont care if your christian or not. If i didn't touch, God knows i would be the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] son of a gun on the planet. Thats pretty bad.

Upvote 0

bloodofthelamb12

...i'm just trying to stay afloat...
Jan 29, 2004
Ft Hood, TX
✟716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...Which is exactly why Paul once said, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Rom 12:1-2)

As Christians, we aren't simply commanded to not commit adultery; no, we are called to forsake the lust that leads us into adultery. We're not supposed to hold all of our lustful thoughts inside and just not act on them; no, we're called to abandon those thoughts altogether and subject them to the perfect will of God. Why must we do this? "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." (Rom 8:7) Until we learn to leave our sins behind us there is little or no hope of reaching any spiritual maturity in Christ. What does it imply if one cannot overcome their lust? If one cannot forsake their sins? "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Therefore, flee the immorality of your youth! Love the LORD thy God with more than just your mind: love Him with all your might! Resist that your enemy shall flee! As Christ said unto the adulteress, so to does He say to you,
"Go, and sin no more." (excerpt from John 8:11)

Fly with Christ,
Caleb

Upvote 0
Greek55: Oh that is a hard one, real hard. However, I am not going to run away, although I really want to. I feel masturbation is normal. However, I see why people speak of self control and reframing from it. Mike Flynn made some excellent points. I am uncertain if the bible speaks directly against it. I believe many people interpret it as being sinful, but I tend to lean toward it being natural. Fornication, however, I truly believe, especially in this day and age has shown it self as being harmful, which brings great weight to Gods warnings. Other have already spoke of disease, babies born out of wedlock, and few mention the high emotional costs. I believe sex between those in love and committed is so much more fulfilling. There is nothing like trusting someone with your heart as well as your body. People who participate pay the price, so I don't feel the need for me to contribute to their pain. I also want to mention that I had sex before marriage. I got lucky, that is all, each of us could have been in someone else's shoes that we at times find ourselves looking down upon. I paid an emotional cost only. Many people pay much more and many of us could have walked with them. I still do, because I know many of them are good, and even though I am happily married now, I try to understand their youth and fears. I remember my own ...

Upvote 0

Jesus_phallus

Jul 22, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Buddhist
Masturbation is the realease of DNA material into the gene pool. It stands to reason that evolution would reward us for spilling our seed, hence the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and the act of self-gratification.

If I feel like spanking my monkey, when I'm feeling randy, it's not my fault; it's evolution hard at work, getting me to spill my seed.

If you're not continuing the species, or fooling your mind into thinking you are, you have no use in this world.

Since I've kept it fairly clean, and simply stated my opinion, if I get taken down by a moderator, you're denying my right to state my opinion.

In closing, masturbation is a good thing, and fun, above all else.

Upvote 0

joshua_cheung

Jan 30, 2004
HONG KONG
✟578.00
Faith
Christian
Mike Flynn said:
Strictly speaking, sinfulness happens when you fall short of the good beings that God has made you to be. The root of it is self-centeredness. Whenever we make selfish decisions, we are tending toward sin. Whenever we act in the best interests of others (selflessness), then we are tending toward Godliness. Does this make sense? You will also find that when you tend to be selfless...your experience will naturally be far more pleasurable than the experiences produced out of self-centeredness.

Masturbation: I suppose that at its core, this is a kind of selfish endeavor. But lets be careful not to exaggerate the case. It is obviously quite natural to arrive at an event like this by simply exploring your own sexuality. In that sense I would say it is clearly not sinful. However, when it becomes an obsession, and you find that you are constantly wanting for what you do not have...then you will find that when you lose yourself in this obsession, it could lead to quite negative outcomes. It may cause you to obsess about your own pleasure during the real sexual act instead of focussing on the pleasure of your partner. IOW, it may disrupt the sexual pleasure that a healthy relationship would bring.

Fornication: This one is tougher to get a clear handle on. But you need to consider this as your guide: do you seek sex merely to satisfy your own desire (a selfish motive) or do you seek it because it leads to the betterment of your partner(s)? Keep in mind that 'betterment' does not imply making them happy for a while. It means this: are they are made better people by engaging in this kind of relationship?

My experience is this: casual sex is generally a selfish endeavor...and in the long run it does not bear good fruit. Lets not quibble over 'right' and 'wrong' for two consenting adults. Simply try to take an objective look at the long term benefits or detriments to such activity. Can you identify any benefits? If not, then perhaps its worth carefully considering such activity before engaging in it hap-hazardly.

good heart.

Upvote 0

joshua_cheung

Jan 30, 2004
HONG KONG
✟578.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus_phallus said:
Masturbation is the realease of DNA material into the gene pool. It stands to reason that evolution would reward us for spilling our seed, hence the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and the act of self-gratification.

If I feel like spanking my monkey, when I'm feeling randy, it's not my fault; it's evolution hard at work, getting me to spill my seed.

If you're not continuing the species, or fooling your mind into thinking you are, you have no use in this world.

Since I've kept it fairly clean, and simply stated my opinion, if I get taken down by a moderator, you're denying my right to state my opinion.

In closing, masturbation is a good thing, and fun, above all else.

Agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HughJaskok

Jul 12, 2006
✟134.00
Faith
Christian
Animus said:
Masturbation is a waste of time. Bunch of Useless Junk.
Technically speaking, that is true, you are flushing useless junk down the toilet. Masturbation is often a problem for myself and one of the leading causes of my straying from the path. In todays world, it is hard not to ogle at other possible partners. When me and my partner go out, you should see how some of these other guys are dressing in the clubs. Fishnet shirts with their ripped, sweaty muscles exposed, tight blue jeans. I try to justify it by using it as a release so that I don't feel as though I am being unfaithful to Sean when we are making love. I get it out of my system, and then I can focus soley on him.

Upvote 0

HughJaskok

Jul 12, 2006
✟134.00
Faith
Christian
RatPobertSon said:
It's a disease. A mental disorder. People have this image of some kind of "bootygirl" and their polluted minds imagine her "GCups" and they gamble with their faith like it's a game of "Roulette"

This thread is going bland. Needs a "LittleSalty".
That is some interesting logic you have there. Is it a pun that you mention something a little salty? I think that may be highly innapropriate here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

RatPobertSon

HughJaskok said:
That is some interesting logic you have there. Is it a pun that you mention something a little salty? I think that may be highly innapropriate here.

I don't know where you are coming from. Coming from my laptop on my "silky" bedsheets, I come to this thread and have now come to reply to your statement although I'm confused at where you are coming from. Come again?

Upvote 0

moto4christ

Jul 12, 2006
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
HughJaskok said:
Innappropriate? Aren't you playin' [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] ranger with a dood. As hard as it may seem. I'll pray for you tonight.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.