Masterbations bad rep

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
you cant be a faithful Christian and skip church -JacobHall86

There is no such thing as an “unfaithful Christian”, by definition of the term it is an oxymoron.

By claiming I am an “unfaithful Christian” you are saying I am not a Christian at all.

No, I'm not.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
No, I'm not.

What is with you saying things then saying you did not say them not 20 minuet afterwards.

Am I mistaking your level of intelligence here assuming you understand what you are writing? If so please be so kind as to inform me of that so I can take that into account.

Because when you said I am not a faithful Christian, that can only mean that I am an “Unfaithful” individual, and in order to be a Christian one must have faith.

With out faith one is not a Christian.

Which is exactly what you said, and thus you proclaimed I [MezzaMorta] am not a Christian.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You cant assume things from what I say. My posts are what they are, nothing more, nothing less.

If I wanted to say your werent a Christian, I would come out and do so.

I never said you werent a Christian.

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
You cant assume things from what I say. My posts are what they are, nothing more, nothing less.

If I wanted to say your werent a Christian, I would come out and do so.

I never said you werent a Christian.

So you are saying one can be a Christian with out faith?

Upvote 0

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Unfaithful in actions, not belief.

Now you are trying to back peddle your statements you made previous to have us believe that when you said unfaithful you meant in actions, as so you were not claiming I was not a Christian as you were.

Faith has nothing to do with actions, Faith is a set of beliefs. To be unfaithful is to not believe in set of beliefs.

Upvote 0

God_follower

God Follower all the way
Jul 29, 2003
Huntsville, Al
Visit site
✟1,057.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
lol chillz out pps, guys u are fighting over stupid crap again. Get over urselves. One of you be the better man. Stop feuling the fire or stop being offended.

BTW notice that all the positive things ONLY help the body... hmm if i remember correctly the flesh was corrupt and not the best thing to heed the desires of. The Lord God Almighty said one time... the mind set after the flesh is death the mind set after the spirit is life and peace. by the spirit we are to put to death the misdeeds of the body and God will be with us.

Negative Side effects of touching yourself:
there are a number of them put on us by society, hairy palms eyes falling out that sort of thing, Society soshmiety... I wanna see what it does to the Human spirit. Your spirit knows that its wrong but you just smash it down because thats what you wanna do right then, it feels good do it. Even worse is when you think of Christ dwelling in you. Everything you do you force Jesus to do as well. Every time you pleasure yourself, you make Jesus do it as well. He wont stop you, but He wants you to give up this desire to be fulfilled by anything but him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Again, If i wanted to say you werent a Christian, I would have. Do not put words into my mouth.

What ever, you can not even comprehend the meaning of your own words. Expecting you understand mine is pushing it too far.

You said what you said, your level of comprehension of it does not change what you said.

Maybe some day you’ll understand what it is to be a Christian and stop your judgment of people. I’ll pray that day comes soon for the sake of us all.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What ever, you can not even comprehend the meaning of your own words. Expecting you understand mine is pushing it too far.

You said what you said, your level of comprehension of it does not change what you said.

Maybe some day you’ll understand what it is to be a Christian and stop your judgment of people. I’ll pray that day comes soon for the sake of us all.

I just want to point out the irony of the above.

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JacobHall86 said:
Jedi and Mezza: It seems as though you both are Moral Relarivists, or atleast have a touch of relativism. If this is true tell me and I wont debate with you anymore.

Eh, not quite. I've argued against moral relativism time and time again. I'm not entirely sure where you pulled this observation from. Simply because I see no reason why masturbation should be condemned as inherently sinful does not somehow mean I don't consider anything as inherently sinful (or good for that matter).

Upvote 0

GrimWolf

Jun 23, 2006
Pretoria
✟7,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MezzaMorta, JacobHall86 and Jedi if you want to discuss moral relativism or your church routines and whether it is right or wrong, do it in the appropriate thread, if there is no thread for it, create one.

Jedi
Um, not quite. Could you show me where Jesus said that thinking immoral thoughts is the same as doing them? It would be a mockery of justice to say that thinking about murder is just as bad as actually murdering someone. Further still, it’s possible to be tempted yet not sin (Jesus in the desert anyone?), but how can we be tempted unless we not only (a) think of doing the immoral act but (b) want to do the immoral act? I’m sorry, this “thought is as serious as deed” business just isn’t biblically or philosophically sound.

Matthew 5
Murder
21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Adultery

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Pretty hard to cheat when you have no one to cheat on and when no one else is involved. Further still, NEVER does scripture describe adultery as "thinking sexual thoughts." If this were so, no one should ever think sexual thoughts (and heaven forbid they desire them), outside of marriage. If so, there rests no motivation in people to get married at all - they have no sexual desire because they don't think sexual thoughts in order to want sex. Having no sexual desire, they're perfectly happy remaining just friends with the opposite sex instead of going through the trouble of getting married. Congratulations - you've just doomed the entire human race.

Proverbs 6
25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes,

Proverbs 26

23 Like a coating of glaze over earthenware
are fervent lips with an evil heart.
24 A malicious man disguises himself with his lips,
but in his heart he harbors deceit.
25 Though his speech is charming, do not believe him,
for seven abominations fill his heart. 26 His malice may be concealed by deception,
but his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

Proverbs 27
19 As water reflects a face,
so a man's heart reflects the man.

Matthew 12
33"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Matthew 15
16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

Luke 6
A Tree and Its Fruit

43"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

Colossians 3
Rules for Holy Living

1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.
2 Timothy 2

22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Hebrews 4

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

What you think reflects what you are. Deeds do speak louder than words, but it does not mean it is okay to think what you want.

Sex or sexual desire should not be your reason for marriage. Love should be your reason, loving that person enough to make a life long commitment to them, that they will be your one and only. Sex is given for us to enjoy inside marriage, not to be the reason for marriage.

MezzaMorta
It is only natural for us to do it, and upwards of 90% of men do it regularly.

1 Corinthians 1
Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

It does not matter if 90% or more of men touch, it does not make it right.

Ephesians 2
1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Sin was natural for us before we accepted Christ and love into our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MezzaMorta

Aug 11, 2006
✟4,292.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

You do know that if you do not touch your body will naturally do it. Commonly referred to as wet dreams.

Not releasing sperm all it does it sit inside you and die.

Masturbating has a huge array of proven medical benefits. It is healthy for your body, mind and soul.

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grimwolf said:
MezzaMorta, JacobHall86 and Jedi if you want to discuss moral relativism or your church routines and whether it is right or wrong, do it in the appropriate thread, if there is no thread for it, create one.

This request should be aimed at JacobHall as he’s the one making outlandish claims concerning other people unrelated to the issue at hand.

Sex or sexual desire should not be your reason for marriage. Love should be your reason, loving that person enough to make a life long commitment to them, that they will be your one and only.

And explain to me the nature of this love. Why not just remain friends and love them in a strictly plutonic sense? Could it be there is something sexual necessary to motivate someone to get married? Could it be that the guy must be attracted to the other person as a female and not just as a person? And how can a man be so motivated to marry if he completely suffocates his sexual thoughts, attractions, and desires?

It doesn’t make it wrong either. What is interesting about such a high percentage of people masturbating is that it’s never condemned in scripture. Not once. Even among all the complicated, detailed, and sometimes bizarre sexual laws of the Old Testament. Strange that the author would go through such great trouble to outlaw even the most unusual sexual acts and then not even mention masturbation. This silence among abundance is powerful evidence that the biblical authors did not consider masturbation inherently sinful and thus did not warrant condemnation in their list of sexual no-no’s.

bluedart said:
It talks about Leviticus 15:16-18 (an actual verse appearing to refer to masturbation) and other stuff as well.

This is not a reference to masturbation but a reference to an “emission of sperm.” If you want to condemn masturbation on these grounds, you condemn intercourse and nocturnal emissions in the same breath. The description is a ceremonial cleanliness, not a moral one.

Upvote 0

XSCash

Aug 18, 2006
✟7,643.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You do know that if you do not touch your body will naturally do it. Commonly referred to as wet dreams.

Not releasing sperm all it does it sit inside you and die.

Masturbating has a huge array of proven medical benefits. It is healthy for your body, mind and soul.

Have you ever researched this? Or are you just saying what you have been told?

I used to have a huge masturbation problem, more then once a day, I have since stopped and in the whole 2 years I have been clear of it, not once have I had a wet dream. And the sperm doesn't sit in there and die, it comes out as you pee, your body isn't stupid, it adapts to the lifestyle we lead. You do realize the man with the smaller testicles is the one that [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] the least? It's like a factory, if you aren't selling, you aren't going to keep producing.

Wet dreams are produced to let out sexual steam or excess sperm in your testicles. (Caused by masturbation)

It is also healthy to have sex, doesn't mean that we must do it.

Everyone, instead of making you opinions on what you are told, research and find the answers yourself.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nocturnal Emissions was Gods design so that Men would have an outlet for sperm instead of masturbation.

Masturbation is not good for your soul. Nor is it good for your mind or Body.

The endorphines your body releases when you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] change hte chemical make up of your brain. Plus you never ever ever forget the images of inappropriate content you see. Ever. I know that I wouldnt want my wife to all the sudden think about inappropriate content she saw twenty years ago.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.