mastabating

spr

Jul 16, 2004
✟8,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it's unclean when it happens by chance, it's even worse if it happens on purpose.

If you know you shouldn't look at girls in a lustful manner, yet you struggle to be resolute, that's probably somewhat acceptable so long as there is sincere effort. But if you know you have that problem and choose to go to a strip club... yea... willful disobediance is always worse because, as scripture says, there remains 'no more sacrifice for sin'. So there will always be a period of guilt after willful sin.

Even those who don't know they are sinning still carry the weight of their sins with them, but when you acknowledge that the law is good, and choose to be resolute, Gods grace will create a way out of the devil's confusion.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's work from the original. The OT law of the 10 commandments included "Thou shalt not commit adultery". Now, God doesn't simply give laws willy-nilly . Why did He give that law???? Answer --to preserve the marriage, the family unit, that it wouldn't be a threat by an outsider coming into an illicit relationship between the married.

Move forward. Jesus is addressing the HEART of that law and how to guard it from committing an act that was a threat to MARRIAGE. So of course when single boys and girls grow up they will become awakened to sexual feeling (not sin), and they will feel attracted to certain opposite sex partners(not sin), and their mind will operate in sexual thought and desires (not sin). Masturbation is a normal practice that is self-nurturing and a way to deal with powerful hormones, ALL which is not sin because it is not placing in your heart the impetus to go out and commit adultery.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Let's work from the original. The OT law of the 10 commandments included "Thou shalt not commit adultery". Now, God doesn't simply give laws willy-nilly . Why did He give that law???? Answer --to preserve the marriage, the family unit, that it wouldn't be a threat by an outsider coming into an illicit relationship between the married.

Move forward. Jesus is addressing the HEART of that law and how to guard it from committing an act that was a threat to MARRIAGE. So of course when single boys and girls grow up they will become awakened to sexual feeling (not sin), and they will feel attracted to certain opposite sex partners(not sin), and their mind will operate in sexual thought and desires (not sin). Masturbation is a normal practice that is self-nurturing and a way to deal with powerful hormones, ALL which is not sin because it is not placing in your heart the impetus to go out and commit adultery.
Its lack of self control, plain and simple, those who never found it, advocate against it, those who know it can be achieved and overcome, are ridiculed and put down. If you control what you think about, you can overcome lust and the sin that comes with it. If you let your mind wander a have all the lustful freedom it wants, you will always fall when tempted

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

of course in biblical times when you started getting these sexual feelings you would be getting married

Upvote 0

GodsChild77

Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by Blueforest
Has anyone considered castration?

I guarantee it would solve about 95% of your problems. :)

Castration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are doctors that will do it.

LOL, I think this statement lightened things up a bit in this forum. HeeHee!!:D

What is wrong with you people? How can a statement about mutilating your body be joked about? I find it ironic considering that we're sitting here trying to decide if masturbation is acceptable to God, while... I'm not completely sure what I think about about mb in some circumstances... but I'm absolutely certain that that God is not okay with us mutilating our bodies... He created them. That's destroying what God made. Joke or not, would it be okay to joke about someone who has a cutting problem? What if a disturbed person... who already struggles with sexuality as well as self mutilation... comes across this discussion?

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Blueforest

What is wrong with you people? How can a statement about mutilating your body be joked about? I find it ironic considering that we're sitting here trying to decide if masturbation is acceptable to God, while... I'm not completely sure what I think about about mb in some circumstances... but I'm absolutely certain that that God is not okay with us mutilating our bodies... He created them. That's destroying what God made. Joke or not, would it be okay to joke about someone who has a cutting problem? What if a disturbed person... who already struggles with sexuality as well as self mutilation... comes across this discussion?

Welcome to the internet.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
By the NT period the Pharisees had compiled a large volume of their 'laws' that defined Torah. For example, not working on the Sabbath. They set out and defined work - 42 headings. We see Jesus' approach to such petty legalisms - "your law says ...but I say..." I think that some of the attempts to define masturbation as sinful from Scripture are pretty much along the same lines.

I know people whose relationship with Jesus is pretty obvious who are sure Jesus has told them that it's OK to touch in their circumstances. For some that may not be the case for good reason. But I have no sound grounds to suggest they have misheard something.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

GodsChild77

Oct 3, 2010
✟12,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Second, anger is not a sin. I don't know where you heard that from. Anger is a normal emotion common to man and God. Even Jesus the god-man got angry.

That is very true. Anger can tempt you to sin, but anger in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact anger can be an alert of your emotions that a matter needs to be addressed or attended to.

26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath
Ephesians 4:26

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Its' all very well talking about self control and overcoming sin as the outcome of that. But that begs the main issue - what if it is not always or inherently sinful?

John
NZ
well I guess it all depends on whether or not its a sexual act or not, it is an act involving your sex organ, causing yourself to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]......Hmmm I wonder if thats a sexual act......DUH!

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2011
✟8,473.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
By the NT period the Pharisees had compiled a large volume of their 'laws' that defined Torah. For example, not working on the Sabbath. They set out and defined work - 42 headings. We see Jesus' approach to such petty legalisms - "your law says ...but I say..." I think that some of the attempts to define masturbation as sinful from Scripture are pretty much along the same lines.

I know people whose relationship with Jesus is pretty obvious who are sure Jesus has told them that it's OK to touch in their circumstances. For some that may not be the case for good reason. But I have no sound grounds to suggest they have misheard something.

John
NZ
Yeah that must of been the same Jesus who told that priest it was OK for him to have sex with the altar boy. you gotta love the new improved Jesus, He's far cooler than the Jesus we read about in the bible

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
well I guess it all depends on whether or not its a sexual act or not, it is an act involving your sex organ, causing yourself to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]......Hmmm I wonder if thats a sexual act......DUH!

Just as eating can be an act of gluttony, but eating food is not of itself sinful.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah that must of been the same Jesus who told that priest it was OK for him to have sex with the altar boy. you gotta love the new improved Jesus, He's far cooler than the Jesus we read about in the bible

I find that disrespectful and totally unfounded. It says more about your character than your biblical insights I'm afraid. It's probably against the rule on flaming too I suspect.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fields316_2000

Jan 6, 2004
✟1,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
there are no verses in the bible regarding any person using the toilet , passing gas or having smelly feet. these are all nonfactors when they are discussing spiritual issues and biblical history- there for touching yourself is neither here nor there. i'd rather a perv handle himself than run the streets around my kids. serious. what would the point of mentioning any bible personality touching themselves?

Upvote 0