Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mary is the mother of a person. She is not the mother of some flesh. The person she is the mother of is God.
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person.

That would make Her Mother also of the Father.

God, the Word, and the Father have no Mother.

I don't read anything about a Mother of God in Scripture, so I don't believe it.

Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall anyone here advancing that as his belief, and I certainly have not done so.
The "problem" with that overview is that the Son of God did not simply put on flesh like a masquerade costume.

This is a mockery of Jesus Christ come in the flesh, which was seriously taught by Arian.

He was only Christ in a temporary body, but not truly human, which was much like the pagan gods of old, who would occasionally take on the form of humans and other animals, even a shower of gold to impregnate a woman to give birth to Herakles, the son of Zeus.

It's how the created christ heresy came into being.

Jesus was indeed a man from birth to death, but the Word was God come down to be made flesh, in a body prepared for Him of the flesh of Mary by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus Christ was the promised seed of God Himself coming down from heaven into the body prepared for Him in the womb of Mary.

The natural seed of David did not give birth to the body of Christ, and yet Mary was the natural mother of the baby boy, and not the Mother of the promised seed of God: Christ.

Eve's body was prepared of the flesh of Adam, and Adam was not the father of Eve. Neither is Mary the Mother of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And then there's that pesky little verse spoken by Elizabeth where she calls Mary, "the mother of my Lord" (Luke 1:43).

Who was "the Lord" at that time?
Was it not YHWH, Jesus throughout the NT being referred to as the YHWH of the prophecies?

Any explanations, anyone?
Was it not YHWH, Jesus throughout the NT being referred to as the YHWH of the prophecies?

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

The eternal Word Yehova was made flesh and dwelt among men showing the Father as He is.

With His death and resurrection, no man no more knows Him after the flesh, neither do we know any mother of His after the flesh.

Mary was mother of Jesus after the flesh on earth, and now no more is His mother, even as she is no more flesh on earth.

Much less is She Mother of God.

Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hard to believe that someone wants to fight this battle again. A mother gives birth to a person. The person of Jesus is both human and divine.
"The Council of Ephesus in AD 431 used the Greek term Theotókos, which means “the one who gives birth to God,” to refer to Mary. The term was used to counter the Nestorianism heresy, which taught that in the incarnate Christ, there were two separate persons, one human and one divine. Nestorius taught that Mary gave birth to Christ the human but not to Christ the divine. The Council of Ephesus confirmed the full deity of Christ and unity of His person. Only in that sense, the Council viewed Mary as the “mother of God.”
Is "Mary of the Mother of God" (Theotokos) Biblical?
Hard to believe that someone wants to fight this battle again.

What is being offered is the Scriptural proof that God has no mother.

Mary was mother to Jesus after the flesh only. She gave natural birth to Christ only.

A body of her flesh was prepared for Christ by the Holy Spirit, and He came down from heaven to dwell therein.

Eve's body was made of Adam, and yet Adam was not father to Eve.

Councils of men can think and say whatever they want.

There is Scripture for Jesus Christ being the true God and God.

No Scripture for any Mother of God.

I'll risk blaspheming man's 'theotokos', and let man risk their idolatry.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The "problem" with that overview is that the Son of God did not simply put on flesh like a masquerade costume.

This is a mockery of Jesus Christ come in the flesh, which was seriously taught by Arian.
What you've quoted is, in fact, the orthodox belief.
It looks like you read the statement incorrectly. It doesn't say that God didn't become a human; it says that the idea that God merely took on the appearance of a human is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: U.S. Grant
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What you've quoted is, in fact, the orthodox belief.
It looks like you read the statement incorrectly. It doesn't say that God didn't become a human; it says that the idea that God merely took on the appearance of a human is wrong.
Yes, as Jesus is now forever more the God man, as he did not discard His flesh like a suite and went back to "just" being God alone

Reactions: U.S. Grant
Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hard to believe that someone wants to fight this battle again. A mother gives birth to a person. The person of Jesus is both human and divine.
"The Council of Ephesus in AD 431 used the Greek term Theotókos, which means “the one who gives birth to God,” to refer to Mary. The term was used to counter the Nestorianism heresy, which taught that in the incarnate Christ, there were two separate persons, one human and one divine. Nestorius taught that Mary gave birth to Christ the human but not to Christ the divine. The Council of Ephesus confirmed the full deity of Christ and unity of His person. Only in that sense, the Council viewed Mary as the “mother of God.”
Is "Mary of the Mother of God" (Theotokos) Biblical?
A mother gives birth to a person.

My mother gave birth to me as a sinner, and now that old man is dead. I now am born of God by His Spirit, a new creature in Christ Jesus.

My mother I honor still, is only mother of my body after the flesh.

There is no mother of Christ, even as there is no mother of the new creature in Christ.

Them who do the will of God are our spiritual mothers, sisters, and brothers, even as Christ declared for Himself.

The only mother of the children of God is heavenly Jerusalem in the ministry of Christ. (Gal 4)

There is no mother of the children of God, much less a mother of God.

Idolaters can believe they have a Mother Mary. I don't.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as Jesus is now forever more the God man,...
Still, to speak of a "God man" when explaining the matter to people who have doubts is risky because that wording suggests to many people the idea that he is possessed of only one nature which has both human and divine characteristics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hm, you could say, Mary did not "create" God, but she bore God in her womb until the conception. I believe that the word "theotokos" means literally "God-bearer". She bore God and gave birth to God. Therefore she is legitimately the mother of God.

I think one verse here is "all generations shall call me blessed". It shows that she has achieved (or been given) something wonderful.
She bore the body prepared for God the Word, and gave birth to that body of the Son of God.

She gave natural birth to a natural body of her own flesh.

"all generations shall call me blessed"

So was Mary the sister of Lazarus, whose act of anointing Jesus' hair would be heard wherever the gospel is preached.

All Christians born of God are called blessed of God, as well as chaste virgins presented to God.

It's one thing to give honor to the chaste virgin woman, that believed God and gave birth to Him after the flesh.

It's another idolatrous thing to honor her as Mother of God blessed above all other women and mothers forever.

Jesus Christ was not deified in His resurrection, as some say, and neither is any woman deified as Mother of Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My mother gave birth to me as a sinner, and now that old man is dead. I now am born of God by His Spirit, a new creature in Christ Jesus.
Do you think of yourself as a spirit or ghost of some sort, then, no longer a human with a physical body and so on?

There is no mother of Christ, even as there is no mother of the new creature in Christ.
Well, we do believe that Jesus of Nazareth was born in a manger just like the Biblical account has it, with Wise Men coming to see a baby, etc.

There is no mother of the children of God, much less a mother of God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She bore the body prepared for God the Word, and gave birth to that body of the Son of God.
If she "bore the body," she was the child's mother in some sense of the word.

All that's necessary to do is get right what is meant by the term "Mother of God."

She gave natural birth to a natural body of her own flesh.
That sounds a lot like what gets a woman called a "mother," wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that is the usual sense of the expression then people have not understood the Scriptures regarding childbirth. No mother is the origin of her child, God is. It is God who creates each new person in the womb of their mother.
And thank you very much. I was holding off for someone like you to teach the truth that no soul is ever born of a woman.

No Scripture ever speaks of souls being born at all.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine.

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

This is not Scripture speaking of only one 'special' man, but of all souls God ever made and shall make, which are covered in flesh only.

And the soul of the Son was never made, because the Word was God everlasting.

And of course, there certainly is no 'Mother of God' written in Scripture either.

That is the natural thinking of the carnal mind that is not considering the truth you have made from Scripture: the spiritual understanding with the mind of Christ is that all souls are made by God, and only the natural body is made by woman with man's seed.

Persons are souls with bodies: souls made by God with bodies made of a woman, which is to be covered with flesh in the woman's womb.

Mankind is the only creature with souls created in God's image.

And Christ is the promised seed of God, who came down from heaven to be made of woman according to the flesh only:

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.

The Word was no more made of the natural seed of David, than was the Word born of a woman.

Upvote 0

U.S. Grant

Jun 7, 2021
Houston
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The simple fact is that Mariology was first mixed into the Christianity as official teaching after Christianity was allowed into the state religion.

It did not become official Papal dogma until Christianity was then made the state religion of Rome.

Doctrinally, them who believed the idolatry of 'Mary' knew the 'Mother of God' must also be sinless with a 'Sacred Womb', and so they created the 'Immaculate Conception' for Mary, so that she also was not born of sinful flesh as Jesus.

They made her the sinless Mother progenitor to a sinless christ.

The christ of Mary idolatry is not Jesus Christ, but another christ born of a sinless Mother with Scared Womb.

Mariology became a hybrid worship of the eternal virgin Vesta with the Sacred Fire of old Roman paganism. It is Old Roman Vesta paganism clothed with Scriptural error. The heart of the Old Roman religion wrapped in Christian garb.

It became official orthodoxy when the last Pontifex Maximus in Rome was forced into submission to Christianity as the new state religion of the Roman empire.

The bishop of Rome then began to take on the name of Pontiff Maximus and Pope, while the clergy made itself colleges of priests after the old Roman manner. This began the dominion of Roman Catholicism from Rome only. And it came with the unscriptural separation between priests and 'laity', even as there was in Old Rome.

The Catholic Church of Rome became a mixed wedding of Christianity and pagan idolatry of Old Rome, with the two Heads of Mother Mary and Christ the Son.

All Catholics are not idolatrous heretics, but only them that believe in Mother Mary from the heart.

Catholics who only worship God in Christ Jesus are just as Christian as any Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They knew the man Jesus as Lord and called Him Lord, and He was their Lord, as well as Mary's.
Keeping in mind that Jesus was not born then.
Who is the "Lord" to whom Elizabeth is referring?
The Mother of God would have no Lord over Her, even as God the Father has no Lord over Himself.

Our Lord has no Mother for us to call our Mother, but He does have a Father for us to call our Father.

I don't worship any Mother of God, only the Father. There is no God the Mother.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The simple fact is that Mariology was first mixed into the Christianity as official teaching after Christianity was allowed into the state religion.

It did not become official Papal dogma until Christianity was then made the state religion of Rome.

Doctrinally, them who believed the idolatry of 'Mary' knew the 'Mother of God' must also be sinless with a 'Sacred Womb', and so they created the 'Immaculate Conception' for Mary, so that she also was not born of sinful flesh as Jesus.

They made her the sinless Mother progenitor to a sinless christ.

The christ of Mary idolatry is not Jesus Christ, but another christ born of a sinless Mother with Scared Womb.

Mariology became a hybrid worship of the eternal virgin Vesta with the Sacred Fire of old Roman paganism. It is Old Roman Vesta paganism clothed with Scriptural error. The heart of the Old Roman religion wrapped in Christian garb.

It became official orthodoxy when the last Pontifex Maximus in Rome was forced into submission to Christianity as the new state religion of the Roman empire.

The bishop of Rome then began to take on the name of Pontiff Maximus and Pope, while the clergy made itself colleges of priests after the old Roman manner. This began the dominion of Roman Catholicism from Rome only. And it came with the unscriptural separation between priests and 'laity', even as there was in Old Rome.

The Catholic Church of Rome became a mixed wedding of Christianity and pagan idolatry of Old Rome, with the two Heads of Mother Mary and Christ the Son.

All Catholics are not idolatrous heretics, but only them that believe in Mother Mary from the heart.

Catholics who only worship God in Christ Jesus are just as Christian as any Christian.
Understood. . .but who was the "Lord" to whom Elizabeth referred to Mary as being the mother of?
Jesus was not born then.

Based on God's revelation to Elizabeth's husband, Zecariah, regarding their child, John the Baptist, Elizabeth would have known that Mary's child was the Messiah, her Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me.

The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mary was the believing virgin woman in whose flesh was conceived the body prepared by the Spirit for the Word. He come down from heaven to dwell in that body of flesh among men, to show them the Father as He is.

And it was the Father who called Him the Son of God, not Mary: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

That holy thing was the body of flesh prepared for Him to dwell in. The Word coming down out of heaven to be the Son of God in flesh on earth was not that holy thing.

The second Adam had a body flesh prepared for His soul, even as the first Adam had a body of dust prepared for His soul to dwell in: first the sinless body and holy thing was prepared, then God breathed into it, and Adam become a living soul dwelling therein.

So also, a sinless and holy thing was prepared for the Lord Himself, in which He entered and became the Son of God dwelling therein.

Neither the living soul of Adam nor of Jesus was that body of sinless flesh, which was first made of dust, and then made of a woman.

The Son of God's body was made of flesh of a woman of the seed of David. The Son Himself was neither made nor created ever at all.

The body of Eve was also made of the flesh of Adam, even as that of Jesus from Mary.

The Son Himself and God the Word was no more the 'son' of Mary, than was Eve the 'daughter' of Adam.

Mary was a good and faithful woman of Israel who carried the holy and sinless body of Jesus and gave birth to it, not to God.

The reason the Catholic Church pushed the idea that Mary is the mother of God or Theostokos which means God bearer is to promote the fact that Jesus was God from the moment He was incarnated, that He was not merely a man nor was He born as a man then God’s divinity entered into his body. He was fully God from the moment He was conceived in her womb and was fully God when she gave birth to Him. The term has nothing to do with venerating Mary it has everting to do with supporting the doctrine of Christ’s divinity.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I watched a video explaining the differences between the 3. Maybe it can help you.

Basically it says that there's:
God the Father - the Provider
God the Son: Jesus - The Savior
God the Holy Spirit - The Helper

So I agree with you, Mary is the mother of Jesus (the Son), not God (the Father).

Yes and the council in Ephesus explained that just as you did.

Reactions: Cute Peonies
Upvote 0