✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Alithis View Post
” Self-defense – we’re not counting on the Lord for safety, we’re now counting on our own ability to protect and defend ourselves.

That's quite an assumption.

What if I said...

Employment - we're not counting on the Lord for provision, we're now counting on our own ability to provide for ourselves.

Or could it just be said that Lord also provides for us through the giving of employment, and the Lord also provides safety for us through our training?

i feel its fair to remind that the topic is as much about walking a Holy Spirit filled life as it is about martial arts NOT being a part of it .

it is easy for a fit person between 16 and 40 to say "its for self defense .. but a person younger or much much older .... ??are you saying that through the ages of 16 to 40-50 we are to trust our own abilities but all other ages must trust God ?
your not talking to someone who does not know it .. i used to do it and i know first ..for instance most woman that took it were in need of massive reality checks to break from them the delusion of safety it gives them .

the closest i ever saw to such a reality check was when they brought a suited man (full safety padding ) in and had him grab girls from behind with intent to pin them on the ground (mat) ..they were to not allow him to do so and resist and escape .. no holds barred .
(and he did not have the element of surprise -- all , bar none irrespective of belt color or training .. failed.
- he picked them up from behind and threw them like rag dolls ..with all their training every one of them was stunned and helpless ..
-the point -> as a spirit filled believer you have more power in Jesus then you will ever obtain by trusting in the arm of the flesh .

changing the analogy to one of provision does not work .. as in contrast we are given directive to work.. if a man does not work he shall not eat .. thus we see that God has designed us to do good for others ..as that is the kind of works he means .he has also stated that if we do good works the worker is worthy of his wages which are to be used not to horde wealth unto self .. but to provide needs. ..thus if we work for the kingdom of God we are not to worry for the father who clothes the birds of the air ..(for ho he did not lay down his life ) is far more able and willing to clothe us ( whom he loved so much he went to the cross for us )and feed us .

but there is no directive to become involved in the arts of violence and bowing to one other then God .- it simply has no place in a Spirit Filled life no place in the Body of Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My issue is that I cannot find the author Vito Rallo anywhere listed a a National Karate Champion.

He presents himself as a five time champion, yet is no where to be found outside of his own claims. I can find Norris and Morgan. Where oh where is Rallo?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My issue is that I cannot find the author Vito Rallo anywhere listed a a National Karate Champion.

He presents himself as a five time champion, yet is no where to be found outside of his own claims. I can find Norris and Morgan. Where oh where is Rallo?

lets be honest before the lord ..that is where it counts yes?

is that really your issue ?..or is there something in your life and heart which is riled by the suggestion that you should repent from it ? as that is what is being suggested .
i find in my life ..whenever something riles me up in opposition to things of the lord ..it is usually because there is something there in order for it to get riled up..
so is your issue that you cant find record of some guys claim ..or is it that your angered (and don't know why) because someone other then god is threatened and does not want to lose its hold on your life ..
you love the lord Jesus ..i know you do .. and passionately ..
so ask yourself .. why am i suddenly defending an outer fleshy activity that god whom i love ,has never spoken in his word about doing ,an action he never gives directive to do ,and action that is opposed to all the fruits of the holy Spirit ...
we love the lord Jesus yes? the of course we will hurry to our knees and ask lord .. what is your will lord ? ,i love you lord Jesus i desire to do only that which pleases you and what is your will because i trust you lord that everything of your will is good for me both now and eternally .

This is the right response of a heart that is ever being filled with the holy Ghost .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see any use in defending myself. My 5 year old can kick me to the ground if he wants to lol and without much effort, so I'll just trust an angel.

As it should be :)
And trust in faith knows that if he wills our harm..that to is worked toward our eternal good.
as David said..."though he slay me,yet will i praise Him".

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lets be honest before the lord ..that is where it counts yes?

Yes, most certainly. Let's be honest before the Lord - that would be you and I.

is that really your issue ?..or is there something in your life and heart which is riled by the suggestion that you should repent from it ? as that is what is being suggested .

I believe it is somewhere in the forum rules that we are to address the topic of the thread and not get the person.

Your suggesting that my 'issue' is something in my life is doing just that. I would suggest we honor the Lord by following established protocol here on CF. After all we agreed to the rules when we sign up.

As for my post questioning Vito Rallo, I was hoping you could substantiate his claim to being a five time National Karate Champion.

If this is substantiated, then his position carries a little more weight, but if he is not, then he is a liar and charlatan and nothing coming from his mouth is of any value.

I still cannot find any record of him.

i find in my life ..whenever something riles me up in opposition to things of the lord ..it is usually because there is something there in order for it to get riled up..
so is your issue that you cant find record of some guys claim ..or is it that your angered (and don't know why) because someone other then god is threatened and does not want to lose its hold on your life ..

Once again we are not supposed to address the poster, but the subject of the the thread.

For the record, I am not 'riled' up over the subject in any way shape or form. Thank you for your concern, but it is very misplaced and in error.

If someone claims to be an expert on a subject - and is found out to not be what he represents himself as - he is not a valid source.

The entire teaching thread is based of the man's words. I am simply asking if his words are true.

you love the lord Jesus ..i know you do .. and passionately ..
so ask yourself .. why am i suddenly defending an outer fleshy activity that god whom i love ,has never spoken in his word about doing

Third time about the rule that we re not supposed to make things personal, but address the topic.

For the record, I am not defending any actions - I am asking questions about who the supposed authority is.

,an action he never gives directive to do ,and action that is opposed to all the fruits of the holy Spirit ...
we love the lord Jesus yes? the of course we will hurry to our knees and ask lord .. what is your will lord ? ,i love you lord Jesus i desire to do only that which pleases you and what is your will because i trust you lord that everything of your will is good for me both now and eternally .

This is the right response of a heart that is ever being filled with the holy Ghost .

There are numbers of people who do this day. One of them is the founder of Bushido Kai - a born again, spirit filled Pastor who uses martial arts as part of his ministry and outreaches. I don't know how many have received Christ through this ministry, but I know it's lots. My Niece being one whose life is forever changed because of it.

How do you reconcile someone who hears from God and developes a ministry as such at the direction of the Holy Spirit?

I would be interested in any history or background on this Rallo guy, if you can prove he is who he claims, it would add some veracity to his claims.

And please keep personal quips from your response.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its obvious the topic is unpopular with a few.but what is it..what godly scriptural thing are you seeking to defend?
challenging to "ask yourself" questions is not opposed to any rules.
i will always openly challenge the motive behind what folks post.

If you wish to oppose or challenge the topic the only way for you to do so is show from the bible that the martial arts has a rightful place in the life of a holy spirit filled christian. Not split hairs about something that is not the central topic.

did you realize the early church was called those of ..the way.it referred to the way to salvation through the lord Jesus.
do you not realize Bushido in its simplistic form also means the way..but not the way of Jesus..the way of a spirit other then Christs the way of a philosophy other then Christs ..it is not the way of the word of God..it is another way you honor when you bow at the door..another way you submit to when you empty your mind in focus and bow..for to empty and bow ..it is the holy Ghost you must silence in order to bow ones head to the ground in discipline to another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
its obvious the topic is unpopular with a few.but what is it..what godly scriptural thing are you seeking to defend?

Once again - I guess you would have to ask someone who is defending it. I am asking you to substantiate your source - which has not been done as of yet.

challenging to "ask yourself" questions is not opposed to any rules.
i will always openly challenge the motive behind what folks post.

Suggesting that there is something I need to repent of. is indeed very personal and judgmental considering you have no clue about me or how I live my life.

Nor do you respect the post enough to answer my repeated questions.

If you wish to oppose or challenge the topic the only way for you to do so is show from the bible that the martial arts has a rightful place in the life of a holy spirit filled christian. Not split hairs about something that is not the central topic.

Once again, and I am hoping for some type of informative reply, you are basing the argument soley on the writings of someone who, to this point is unsubstantiated.

did you realize the early church was called those of ..the way.it referred to the way to salvation through the lord Jesus.
do you not realize Bushido in its simplistic form also means the way..but not the way of Jesus..the way of a spirit other then Christs the way of a philosophy other then Christs ..it is not the way of the word of God..it is another way you honor when you bow at the door..another way you submit to when you empty your mind in focus and bow..for to empty and bow ..it is the holy Ghost you must silence in order to bow ones head to the ground in discipline to another.

Once again, bowing was simply an act of respect for your instructor and/or opponent.

Once again, the Christian form I mentioned points soley to Jesus Christ and focuses on scripture. Care to address that?

A bad tree cannot bare good fruit - yet their form of martial arts is baring much fruit.

Now, how about showing scripture that specifically addresses martial arts?

Have you read or looked at some of the other things that your so called expert preaches against? It might do you well to do so.

Can Martial Arts have a spiritual basis - certainly anything can be abused. Can we condemn all sports and martial arts because of it, not if we want to be honest. What the teaching is completely missing, or probably avoiding is the reality that there are people who have the gifting and ability and God given anointing to take something and make it useful for the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

If we are not to defend ourself - why did Jesus tell them to arm themselves?

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

I've got no idea. Not to cut ears off, He put that back.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 26
New Living Translation
"Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will die by the sword.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 26
New Living Translation
"Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will die by the sword.

They were not for cutting baloney either. ;)

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,740.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
open for discussion..

I would advise anyone thinking of such things to be cautious. A lot of activities coming from the east are tied in with eastern religions. The thing about such eastern religions is that they are subtle. It seems neutral and harmless but we are in a war between two dominions and nothing is neutral. If something is not directly from God then it's directly from the evil one.

We should be cautious because:

Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

(2 Cor 11:14)

God Bless All :)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would advise anyone thinking of such things to be cautious. A lot of activities coming from the east are tied in with eastern religions. The thing about such eastern religions is that they are subtle. It seems neutral and harmless but we are in a war between two dominions and nothing is neutral. If something is not directly from God then it's directly from the evil one.

We should be cautious because:

Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

(2 Cor 11:14)

God Bless All :)

yes the enemy is always trying to trip us into things which give him a toe hold into our lives ..he seeks to get in the door, through the window,any where he can break in sneak in or delude or the most common,charm his way in .
i read a testimony recently from a convert out of Mormonism. (her family was very high up in its hierarchy ) shes noted that the highest percent of converts into Mormonism are from within christian churches ..folks who do not read their bibles and drift along with every good idea that comes floating on the waters .

martial arts is just another conveyor for ungodly doctrines to enter into ones life .. it begins benign ,seemingly harmless ,like an angel of light .with just enough of an offset angle to lead us off the straight and narrow way in Jesus. over time .

for if the truth is a straight line .. when we walk parallel to it ..conforming ourselves to the truth (who is the Lord Jesus) we remain in line with it . but if we ebeter into things whose foundation is on a differing line ..evem though at first it may appear beside the line ..as time goes on those two lines will grow further and further apart ..because they are not the same line .. one will lead to life (JESUS) the other will lead ,ultimately, to destruction .

the lord loves us ..he does not desire us to go astray..
so he allows these topics to challenge us as to where our heart is at .

as ones who love the lord Jesus.. we know that if our action is any other then ..lord what do you want me to do to stay close to your heart ..what is YOUR will Lord Jesus (if he truly be our LORD ).. then we must question what is it in our lives which would cause us to resist the desire to draw close to God .. ?
for it is NOT the Holy Spirit ..for he only speaks that which he hears from the father and he only Glorifies the Lord Jesus .

we must bring our hearts with honesty and truthfulness before the throne of God and not hold back any thing from him who sees all.
It is not a judgment to be challenged :) it is an act of love to challenge.

martial arts has no place in a Holy Spirit filled life ..for one filled with the Spirit of God and ever being filled with the Holy Spirit seeks the will of god in every aspect of their life ..they do not resist his will ..one could hardly be FULL of the Spirit of God when one is filling themselves up with the spirit of the world .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If we are not to defend yourself - why did Jesus tell them to arm themselves?

and you would somehow like to stretch this single verse to justify that ,however you paint it ,your involved in learning an art that has its foundation planted firmly in eastern religion and absolutely no foundation in the Holy scriptures .

it simply wont stretch over all the other verses of love and kindness and gentleness and meekness
of praying for those who harm you rob for you ..forgiving those that do you wrong ..laying down your life for the good of others ..

that one verse is not that stretchy sorry

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and you would somehow like to stretch this single verse to justify that ,however you paint it ,your involved in learning an art that has its foundation planted firmly in eastern religion and absolutely no foundation in the Holy scriptures .

it simply wont stretch over all the other verses of love and kindness and gentleness and meekness
of praying for those who harm you rob for you ..forgiving those that do you wrong ..laying down your life for the good of others ..

that one verse is not that stretchy sorry

And yet the verse stands unaddressed by you?

Why are you making this so personal? I'll ask you to address the topic and not the person

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So, does anyone have an answer to this question?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.