Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So over in a bit of the CF board I cannot post in someone posited some lifesitenews poutrage about teh evul Pete Buttigieg

Americans should be outraged at Pete Buttigieg’s public sexualization of children

Anyhoo, in it is the comment:
"How many boys of that age still dream innocently of marrying their mothers?"

Said age being 9.

I'd like to confidently guess 0%. And also hand out an ewwwwww to lifesitenews.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is both sad and sickening that those are so willing to shake their bibles and condemn others for being in love while at the same time they are so willing to sin and spread hatred and lies.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So over in a bit of the CF board I cannot post in someone posited some lifesitenews poutrage about teh evul Pete Buttigieg

Americans should be outraged at Pete Buttigieg’s public sexualization of children

Said age being 9.

That idea is the cornerstone of Sigmund Freuds views. I've not heard it gain much traction in the years since he died.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's just nasty! God said to honor your mother and father...not to fall in love and marry them!

Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor

Said age being 9.

Technically none of us created our children, or ourselves. But we do like saying "My this, and My that" as if we know that our hierarchical family system is the only way to go.

If you research the origin story in the Old Testament (Without bias) You will see that our current family model is due to the consequence of the fall of humankind.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That's just nasty! God said to honor your mother and father...not to fall in love and marry them!

It is meant that we tend to marry the personalities of our parents. Men marry women that are very similar to their mothers in personality and so do women marry men whose personalities resemble their fathers. It's a very old saying that I personally have seen repeated over and over again. If the parents were good---it's a good thing, if the parents were evil stinkers, not so good. It is thought that it is the brains way of making peace with your past, if they were mean, that you can win over them---if they were good---well, you want to have that goodness with you always. That's why we must put God first---He is our example.

Upvote 0