• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Marriage Separation follow-up

Discussion in 'Separation and Marriage Restoration' started by ChristopherK, Jun 6, 2017.

1. ChristopherK

ChristopherK Member

+141
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Hey guys. I don't necessarily have a reason to write an update, but I feel as though this is still a good way to vent amongst the Body to get sound biblical advice. I know I've already spoken about last Monday being the final day that I'd mention our marriage to my wife so that she could have her space while I focus on my walk with the hopes that she'd choose our marriage. I know that me having theological debates with her over the years has had more of an impact on her then these last 8 months of her mentioning separation and having an emotional affair have had an impact on me. I just hope that aside form my close Christian circle that you all would continue to lift us up in prayer.

The last time I read her journal (Last Monday. Haven't done it since and won't), aside from seeing her write about fantasizing a new life with this other man, I also saw points where she was being convicted by the reality of what she was doing.

I guess just please pray that the Holy Spirit would continue to convict her heart, and turn it to see that our marriage can be a beautiful thing if she'd only open her heart to me again, and begin to trust me over time. Honestly, I have every reason not to trust her, given her emotional affair, but I choose to, because I desperately want our marriage to make it. Being on this forum, I've read about TOO many Christian marriages failing, and I don't want that for us. Regardless as to how she's following her heart after things that God would not honor, I know that if I simply back off, pray, and watch God have His way in my wife, that we can get through this. Thank you for your prayers.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?