Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1st marriage although I was previously engaged. The guy was killed in a car accident the night of our rehearsal dinner.

I didn't know about that -- that's horrible. :hug: I know you've met a man that you're happy with and finally got married recently, though - congrats again on that :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
People are fallible. They make mistakes. I'm fairly new to these boards. But I hope this thread doesn't turn judgmental on those that have been married more than once.

I doubt it, don't worry.

Like I said, I'm on my second marriage. I get my fair share of "boo" and "tsk tsk" from the militant-types and what not, but oh well -- it's not their life, and it's not their relationship with God.. it's mine, and it's mine. :D I think most people understand that, too.

Fact is, most people around here are fairly courteous about the subject and don't go around bashing randomly. We don't get too many militants under normal circumstances ... it's mostly just when people come looking for advice about a failing marriage that people get antsy and end up fighting about it.

But, you do have to prepare yourself for it. You will encounter it on the forums, I'm sorry to say. Such is the way the world is :sigh:

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.