Aug 23, 2007
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Marriage is the capstone of the family and the building block of human civilization. God said, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth..." A society that fails to honor and protect marriage undermines its very existence.
I have a question, are you referring to the "fruitful and multiply" commandment to people already married, or do you think that people who do not have children in general are committing sin? That commandment was given to Adam and Eve specifically, not to everyone in the human race.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear that. Don't be too hard on yourself either way. Ask for the Lord's forgiveness and ask HIM to give you a willing heart, a heart of wisdom, so that you can see things as HE does, and do what HE wants you to do.
Ask forgiveness for what? I was not at fault for what happened, and i will not ask for forgiveness for not polluting the gene pool with my filth. The human race is not going to suffer by my staying away from breeding. If He wanted me to breed, then it would have happened and i wouldnt have had to learn a hard lesson with a woman lacking morals who treated me like dog poop stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children.
We're nearly the same age and this describes my current situation too.
I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others.
Pray for God's will be done. And should marriage be His plan for us, that He put a God fearing man in our path, a man who places the LORD above all else in his life.
Marriage and children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single.
Marriage and children are the capstone of the family in society. However, by God's will and providence, not all people will marry, not all people will have children.
I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids.
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Seek His will through prayer.
But there are very very few men who also do not want kids. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians.
That presents a real challenge, to find a husband who is equally yoked.
So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime, which is fine. Are there anyone in same situation?
Not all people will marry, in some cases it is better not to marry. When it comes to marriage, are we willingly going to daily clothe ourselves in these things in order to have a healthy, holy marriage? It's something our Heavenly Father commands we do.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Upvote 0

gennypearl

Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
✟2,118,488.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I’m 31, never married and never been in a relationship. I keeping celibate because I’m not wanting to have children. I love kids but I’m not too passionate about bearing children. I still desire for a companion with whom I can grow as a Christian. I’m very passionate about God and want to invest my time in prayer, worship, bible study, and helping others. Marriage and children are a great blessing but I might get busy and have very less personal time with God. That’s another reason I like about remaining single. I will marry if and only when I find a man who is a passionate Christian and is okay with having no kids. But there are very very few men who also do not want kids. And, the few men who do not want children are not passionate Christians. So I might end up unmarried for my lifetime, which is fine. Are there anyone in same situation?

I know of people who feels the same way like you do. Praying you'll find the guy you're looking for.

Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a question, are you referring to the "fruitful and multiply" commandment to people already married, or do you think that people who do not have children in general are committing sin? That commandment was given to Adam and Eve specifically, not to everyone in the human race.

in 1 Corinthians, Paul spoke directly to couples who chose to have no children in order to better dedicate themselves to the Lord. He told them it was not a problem.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thread.
1 Corinthians 7 mentions some important duties of marriage; and if these are avoided, the word used is 'defraud(ing)' the other.

But also important is that there is absolutely no obligation to marry: so many problems among Christians could have been avoided if this had been understood.

Zeal for prayer and Bible study is excellent; sometimes this is done within marriage between believers, and sometimes this is a pursuit of a single person. The Lord leads different Christians quite distinctly, always in keeping with His Word.

Upvote 0