✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Looks like if a person is claiming to cast out demons, sure could be a sign of unbelievers.

Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Upvote 0

Monastic1952

Dec 26, 2023
Honolulu
✟3,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
-
Looks like if a person is claiming to cast out demons, sure could be a sign of unbelievers.

Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
I don't understand your point at all. Father Steven Rosetti, 70, is a very well known and highly respected Catholic Exorcist. His record of successful exorcisms speaks for itself. Why do you disparage him?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand your point at all. Father Steven Rosetti, 70, is a very well known and highly respected Catholic Exorcist. His record of successful exorcisms speaks for itself. Why do you disparage him?
-
I was just pointing out what Jesus stated about the people who are saying they are driving out demons.

Jesus cast out demons for a very specific purpose, to show the nation of Israel He, Jesus was their promised Messiah.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
-
I was just pointing out what Jesus stated about the people who are saying they are driving out demons.

Jesus cast out demons for a very specific purpose, to show the nation of Israel He, Jesus was their promised Messiah.
Because born again Christians cannot be demonized (which is another word for dominated or possessed by demons), the casting out of demons from Christians is not Biblical. Colossians 1:13 proves this because it says that born again Christians are rescued from the dominion of darkness.

I can understand why one of this thread has issued the warning about "many will come in the name of Jesus..."etc., because we see many in the Pentecostal and Charismatic movement exercising deliverance ministries for Christians and boasting that they are casting demons out of them. If during an exorcism session a Christian exhibits what seems like a demon being coughed out, it would more likely be as the result of suggestion, that the person is brainwashed into thinking that this is what happens when a demon is cast out of him.

If a Christian is the temple of the Holy Spirit, he cannot have a demon at the same time. The passage that Jesus talks about where a demon has been cast out and wanders around and returns to find the "house" has been cleaned out and is empty and re-enters may be true if the person remains unconverted and the Holy Spirit is not in him. But if the demon returns and finds the person filled with the Holy Spirit, it cannot re-enter the person because the "house" is no longer empty.

Furthermore, there is nothing in the New Testament that shows that Christians can be demon possessed, and there are no instances where demons were cast out of Christian believers. Therefore any deliverance ministry for Christians is based on a lie.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because born again Christians cannot be demonized (which is another word for dominated or possessed by demons), the casting out of demons from Christians is not Biblical. Colossians 1:13 proves this because it says that born again Christians are rescued from the dominion of darkness.

I can understand why one of this thread has issued the warning about "many will come in the name of Jesus..."etc., because we see many in the Pentecostal and Charismatic movement exercising deliverance ministries for Christians and boasting that they are casting demons out of them. If during an exorcism session a Christian exhibits what seems like a demon being coughed out, it would more likely be as the result of suggestion, that the person is brainwashed into thinking that this is what happens when a demon is cast out of him.

If a Christian is the temple of the Holy Spirit, he cannot have a demon at the same time. The passage that Jesus talks about where a demon has been cast out and wanders around and returns to find the "house" has been cleaned out and is empty and re-enters may be true if the person remains unconverted and the Holy Spirit is not in him. But if the demon returns and finds the person filled with the Holy Spirit, it cannot re-enter the person because the "house" is no longer empty.

Furthermore, there is nothing in the New Testament that shows that Christians can be demon possessed, and there are no instances where demons were cast out of Christian believers. Therefore any deliverance ministry for Christians is based on a lie.
-
Good points, i am definitely skeptical of claims that many of these exorcist make. I would personally know better about them if i could ask them. How does a person receive God's free gift of Eternal Life and become a born again child of God. I am guessing most of these exorcist people would not say belief in Jesus, but give some kind of worked based answer.

Upvote 0

Christian who knows

Feb 6, 2024
Harpenden
✟402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0