Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The new strains without THC have no effect on sobriety, provide help with spasms, and other seizures. And are available in oral and topical oils and legal in mosts states.

But, then you run into the same problem under a different circumstance: altered and/or prescription medication.

I would rather take it from its source and utilize it - especially if "high" is the only side effect. In fact, the "high" affects people differently, and it does the opposite of the stereotype for me.

If we are worried about sobriety, prescription medication alters one's sobriety - arguably much more than cannabis. The side effects alone are not worth the risk - especially when I know something that grows from the earth will heal me in a much less destructive way. I don't have to worry about my liver, kidneys or GI.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very wise! At my worst, I was able to drink about 36 cans of Budweiser in a single day. Whew....talk about sickness. Alcohol is pure poison for me, but this goes to testify that our bodies handle these chemicals differently from person to person, so I am happy to see that, so far, we are kind and understanding in this thread. :D

Alcohol is poisonous in higher doses and you seem to metabolize it very well. Native americans and asians can have very low tolerance for some people and 3 drinks approaches lethal levels for them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, then you run into the same problem under a different circumstance: altered and/or prescription medication.

I would rather take it from its source and utilize it - especially if "high" is the only side effect. In fact, the "high" affects people differently, and it does the opposite of the stereotype for me.

If we are worried about sobriety, prescription medication alters one's sobriety - arguably much more than cannabis. The side effects alone are not worth the risk - especially when I know something that grows from the earth will heal me in a much less destructive way. I don't have to worry about my liver, kidneys or GI.

Cannabis does shut down the liver for some people and dramatically interferes with some digestive enzymes. So the "healing" properties claims are not safe to swallow. Smoke is not normally "healing" in any way.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Cannabis does shut down the liver for some people and dramatically interferes with some digestive enzymes. So the "healing" properties claims are not safe to swallow. Smoke is not normally "healing" in any way.

Perhaps, but not for the vast majority of people who smoke it, or eat it - especially dependent on the device used to comsume.

And, it is still 1000% better than prescription medication which all but guarantees moderate to severe side effects. I have researched both sides extensively; I would rather die a painful death than take prescription medicine (I almost did until I found cannabis). It is a health, and morality issue for me.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps, but not for the vast majority of people who smoke it, or eat it - especially dependent on the device used to comsume.

And, it is still 1000% better than prescription medication which all but guarantees moderate to severe side effects. I have researched both sides extensively; I would rather die a painful death than take prescription medicine (I almost did until I found cannabis). It is a health, and morality issue for me.
Pain means your still alive. But CBD changes the "shape" of pain in about 60 seconds to something bearable so I can walk.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Pain means your still alive. But CBD changes the "shape" of pain in about 60 seconds to something bearable so I can walk.

So does cannabis, and cannabis oil.

And, you don't even need to worry about humans that are corrupt (whether malevolent, ignorant or a combination) amending the chemistry of it, because it grows naturally.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it saved my life and my body (from medication).

I also had an allergic reaction (due to medication), and it stopped the very violent reaction.
One day i didnt take my meds and i felt horrible. I smoked weed and felt so much better. Of course with weed you have the paranoia, so it has its disadvantages. However look at the side effects of the meds which the drug companies are selling us. Maybe weed isnt so bad. I dunno. It surely doesnt make you drunk like alcohol does. No slurred speech, stumbling around, acting like a fool.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So does cannabis, and cannabis oil.

And, you don't even need to worry about humans that are corrupt (whether malevolent, ignorant or a combination) amending the chemistry of it, because it grows naturally.
My mother would never do any of that. - Mother Flower

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my experience, weed might help people but the bad thing about weed is that its addictive and costs money. The paranoia is also a factor but that can be overcome easily, imo. Should it be legal to grow? Is it anti spiritual? I dont know but i dont think its the abomination that people might think it is. But i could be wrong. Im just a christian who lives on medication, but also on Jesus. Without Him my meds would be worthless. He gives me hope, peace, and joy. I still have battles in the mind but i have Jesus :) Praise the Lord.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If thats true, how does it compare to some side effects that we get from legally prescribed meds? They have some nasty side effects too. The withdraw symptoms are terrible, worse than weed, and they can cause things like fatty livers. Im sure i could list some nasty side effects if i searched them out. Just look at the commercials on TV. Drug companies routinely get sued over their drugs side effects. Look at the commercials for the drugs, they list all kinds of side effects and you wonder if its even safe to take.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
My mother would never do any of that. - Mother Flower

Do you know how many humans capable of evil. To assume the best is to make a foolish error in judgment leaving you to exploitation. To make CBD, you would need to ensure that the solvent does not affect the potency of the oil, that the precipitate us pure, and that that precipitate behaves like an actual cannabinol. Chemistry is being using to create a second rate substance that exists in the natural product, and you are trusting humans to be correct when they do it.

I am not a fan of manipulating something natural into a pharmaceutical to produce the same effects as the natural substance (because, it does.) Now, why would I change the original? And, do not be naive to your identity as a consumer. You are a product that buys products; the success of most capitalist ventures depends on the human ignorance and apathy of their designations as consumers. Do pharmaceuticals make drugs for the benefit of the nation, or for a profit?

But, you are free to do what you like, you know that and you don't need my permission. You won't convince me on pharmaceuticals, or derivatives.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If thats true, how does it compare to some side effects that we get from legally prescribed meds? They have some nasty side effects too. The withdraw symptoms are terrible, worse than weed, and they can cause things like fatty livers. Im sure i could list some nasty side effects if i searched them out. Just look at the commercials on TV. Drug companies routinely get sued over their drugs side effects. Look at the commercials for the drugs, they list all kinds of side effects and you wonder if its even safe to take.

I'm not promising that prescription drugs are safer. But at least they are tested on large populations and the side effects are documented and monitored. On the other hand, illegally sourced remedies have zero oversight. Also the FDA has a policy of not combining ingredients and so cannot test natural remedies. My sister and I both took one drug and had the same withdrawal symptoms, and my doctor refused to admit it had that side effect.....till years later and everyone knew about it.

Plus the FDA has problems keeping doctors from being influenced. But it's all still better than illeagal sources. That's why pot is becoming legal. Both for taxes and monitoring.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you know how many humans capable of evil. To assume the best is to make a foolish error in judgment leaving you to exploitation. To make CBD, you would need to ensure that the solvent does not affect the potency of the oil, that the precipitate us pure, and that that precipitate behaves like an actual cannabinol. Chemistry is being using to create a second rate substance that exists in the natural product, and you are trusting humans to be correct when they do it.

I am not a fan of manipulating something natural into a pharmaceutical to produce the same effects as the natural substance (because, it does.) Now, why would I change the original? And, do not be naive to your identity as a consumer. You are a product that buys products; the success of most capitalist ventures depends on the human ignorance and apathy of their designations as consumers. Do pharmaceuticals make drugs for the benefit of the nation, or for a profit?

But, you are free to do what you like, you know that and you don't need my permission. You won't convince me on pharmaceuticals, or derivatives.

Our local CBD dispensary has natural smokable materials with THC naturally under the legal limits. There are no solvents.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not promising that prescription drugs are safer. But at least they are tested on large populations and the side effects are documented and monitored. On the other hand, illegally sourced remedies have zero oversight. Also the FDA has a policy of not combining ingredients and so cannot test natural remedies. My sister and I both took one drug and had the same withdrawal symptoms, and my doctor refused to admit it had that side effect.....till years later and everyone knew about it.

There is enough history, precedence and information to reclassify cannabis as something other than what it is according to the FDA. It will not happen because natural cannabis would put the pharmaceutical industry out of business. You are a commodity; it is a spooky drug when it grows in the earth, but you trust humans when they tell you it's chemically processed derivative is safe. That is an exploit of the Stockholm Syndrom the citizen has for their government.

Plus the FDA has problems keeping doctors from being influenced. But it's all still better than illeagal sources. That's why pot is becoming legal. Both for taxes and monitoring.

Then why would you think it is any safer if the FDA has trouble keeping doctors from being influenced? Humans are humans.

And, the illegality of the substance is inconsequential to its safety and purity as a natural homeopathic and holistic treatment for illness.

Besides, cannabis itself has about 1000 other uses - including clothing, paper and pet food. If cannabis was legal, and allowed to be grown by the civilian, it would destabilize the nation because of the industries it would bankrupt.

Again, you are only a commodity - even to your respective government. Your sense is being auctioned through the veneer of security; it is yet another way to get sensible people to do things that don't benefit them - while under the impression it does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
One day i didnt take my meds and i felt horrible. I smoked weed and felt so much better. Of course with weed you have the paranoia, so it has its disadvantages. However look at the side effects of the meds which the drug companies are selling us. Maybe weed isnt so bad. I dunno. It surely doesnt make you drunk like alcohol does. No slurred speech, stumbling around, acting like a fool.
For almost every condition, there has been for hundreds if not over a thousand years a God Given, Naturally Growing ,
herb or root or leaf that
works much better than that, without any negative side effects except it is inepensives and not profitable to bigpharma/ government/ ama/ fda/ which is why it can take time for anyone to find out about.
Legal also. Just not approved for professionals to use for any thing that is diagnosed. Thus, , 'testing' to see what's really going on, then letting the body recover by giving what is needed. (instead of treating symptoms)

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
For almost every condition, there has been for hundreds if not over a thousand years a God Given, Naturally Growing ,
works much better than that, without any negative side effects except it is inepensives and not profitable to bigpharma/ government/ ama/ fda/ which is why it can take time for anyone to find out about.
Legal also. Just not approved for professionals to use for any thing that is diagnosed. Thus, , 'testing' to see what's really going on, then letting the body recover by giving what is needed. (instead of treating symptoms)

This is basically, amd consisely what I am saying...

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly i have concerns about the medication im on. Im worried its not safe for my body. I wouldn't take it at all but i think it might be helping with some things. Some people say that medication is a sign of weak faith or whatever else they believe, but im not bothered by their criticism, im humbled in my low estate, and i thank God for that. All things work good for those who love God. So praise the Lord! :) I feel so blessed.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is enough history, precedence and information to reclassify cannabis as something other than what it is according to the FDA. It will not happen because natural cannabis would put the pharmaceutical industry out of business.

I'm not sure where you are writing from.
The District of Columbia and 10 states -- Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington -- have adopted the most expansive laws legalizing marijuana for recreational use
State Marijuana Laws in 2018 Map

Upvote 0