Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know and understand that people are in need of marijuana for a number of reasons,but have you ever smoked it,not to get high,or anything like that,but smoked it because of something that you needed it for and did it help you and make you feel better?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I know and understand that people are in need of marijuana for a number of reasons,but have you ever smoked it,not to get high,or anything like that,but smoked it because of something that you needed it for and did it help you and make you feel better?

When it comes to God's gift, the Cannabis plant, we have to remember that this medicine is meant specifically for certain people, not all people.

This plant is particularly useful for certain people who have a brain that doesn't work quite like others. For many people, this beautiful plant calms them down, thus making them "normal" whereas for many others, they use this plant to take them away from their emotional pain...escapism. But as said, for many others, this is a normalizing plant. Sure, I'm going to receive flack for saying this, but what am I to do? Tell a lie? Many people feel closer to God when they use His medicine, and what are we to say about that if they are to have fruit, when we, who do NOT use cannabis, have none at all. What then?

Paul taught that it isn't what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of him, meaning his attitude and actions. It is our thoughts that cause us to do bad things, so if, when people consume the ever so deadly and man-made drug called alcohol, and they become aggressive and hurtful people, we should no longer drink alcohol. If something that we consume causes us to cause another person to sin, then we should never do "that" again, such as Paul's eating meat. He said that if my eating meat causes another to sin, then I will never eat meat again!

Think carefully about God's creation and also think carefully about the ill-advice that is thrown around here like bad words on a Naval ship.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I smoked marijuana for over two years and eventually I had a psychotic episode from it (psychosis is not the same as being a psychopath). Psychosis is very scary and can damage your life. I am blessed with a supportive family so I am recovered now.

Now I have stopped smoking cigarettes for nearly two years and recently (about three weeks ago) stopped all alcohol for good.

To answer the question, I had bad anxiety for a long while after the psychosis and even though marijuana lead to it, I thought if I smoked a little after not using it for ages... it might help.

It did not. I had what I'd call a very long panic attack. My first and only. I also had some psychotic symptoms during the panic. That was around a year ago and I haven't touched it since. I would never smoke weed again, not just because of the panic episode but the psychosis also. It was VERY stupid to smoke it again.

I think if there's even a 1% chance of developing psychosis then you should not smoke it. That virtually includes everyone btw. I understand some people can "use" it for some medicinal purposes. I'm not very knowledgeable about that really. Tbh intelligent and logic aside, marijuana just irks me. I'd always look for an alternative, even for use as medication.

To conclude yes I did not want to get high I wanted anxiety relief and it lead to massive anxiety. It's a waste of money, most people where I live mix it with tobaco and it can lead to serious mental illness. If you're high then you are not sober. Yes I am baised lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I smoked marijuana for over two years and eventually I had a psychotic episode from it (psychosis is not the same as being a psychopath). Psychosis is very scary and can damage your life. I am blessed with a supportive family so I am recovered now.

Now I have stopped smoking cigarettes for nearly two years and recently (about three weeks ago) stopped all alcohol for good.

To answer the question, I had bad anxiety for a long while after the psychosis and even though marijuana lead to it, I thought if I smoked a little after not using it for ages... it might help.

It did not. I had what I'd call a very long panic attack. My first and only. I also had some psychotic symptoms during the panic. That was around a year ago and I haven't touched it since. I would never smoke weed again, not just because of the panic episode but the psychosis also. It was VERY stupid to smoke it again.

I think if there's even a 1% change of developing psychosis then you should not smoke it. That virtually includes everyone btw. I understand some people can "use" it for some medicinal purposes. I'm not very knowledgeable about that really. Tbh intelligent and logic aside, marijuana just irks me. I'd always look for an alternative, even for use as medication.

To conclude yes I did not want to get high I wanted anxiety relief and it lead to massive anxiety. It's a waste of money, most people where I live mix it with tobaco and it can lead to serious mental illness. If you're high then you are not sober. Yes I am baised lol

Great advice! And I can certainly understand your bias. That's how I feel about alcohol. I can't even have a little because it does crazy things to my body and mind.

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great advice! And I can certainly understand your bias. That's how I feel about alcohol. I can't even have a little because it does crazy things to my body and mind.
I realised even though I didn't drink much (four beers max) I was drinking for an effect which I couldn't argue to be a good thing. So I stopped

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never toked myself. But I went to enough concerts that I could tell from the smell if the weed being smoked around me was the good expensive stuff or the cheap nasty stuff.

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I realised even though I didn't drink much (four beers max) I was drinking for an effect which I couldn't argue to be a good thing. So I stopped
Very wise! At my worst, I was able to drink about 36 cans of Budweiser in a single day. Whew....talk about sickness. Alcohol is pure poison for me, but this goes to testify that our bodies handle these chemicals differently from person to person, so I am happy to see that, so far, we are kind and understanding in this thread. :D

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never smoked it, but was around it once or twice at work when I was about age 20. My co-workers were smoking it or so I assume and I found the odor to be very distasteful.
I agree,I do not like the smell of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree,I do not like the smell of it.
On that cheap stuff, I totally agree. Very disagreeable odor.

But the good stuff, it actually smells really nice. It is like the difference between a cheap cigar and flavored pipe tobacco.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
When I worked ER at the Hospital, One night we had a young man come sliding tires in front of the sliding doors. I was walking by the doors at that particular time so I grabbed a gurney because I thought someone was really hurt.
This young man runs into the sliding doors coming to a halt in front of the desk and yells, Is the the hospital? He was told yes. [He was sweating profusely]
He stammered "I just smoked weed" We looked at him waiting for more? He said, "I smoked weed" The nurse behind the desk ask what brings you in tonight? He said I smoked weed and I feel funny, For some reason, I am very nervous, somethings wrong!!
So they took him back and IV'ed him and I believe the Dr explained the paranoia experience to him. lol
I guess he thought his weed was laced with high speed chicken feed ;)

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I worked ER at the Hospital, One night we had a young man come sliding tires in front of the sliding doors. I was walking by the doors at that particular time so I grabbed a gurney because I thought someone was really hurt.
This young man runs into the sliding doors coming to a halt in front of the desk and yells, Is the the hospital? He was told yes. [He was sweating profusely]
He stammered "I just smoked weed" We looked at him waiting for more? He said, "I smoked weed" The nurse behind the desk ask what brings you in tonight? He said I smoked weed and I feel funny, For some reason, I am very nervous, somethings wrong!!
So they took him back and IV'ed him and I believe the Dr explained the paranoia experience to him. lol
lol too funny :) ;)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CBD is legal in most of 50 states and is a strong pain modifier. CBD Oil can be absorbed through the mouth and takes effect in about a minute to change pain to a more tolerable sensation very quickly. Likely smoking CBD optimized plants is even more effective, but I've not tried that yet. CBD allows me to walk for 10 hour work days though my foot continues to become distorted from abnormal bone growth. Surgery is a last resort, my doctor says.

CBD optimised plants have very low THC which alters perception. Though CBD does exactly that by altering the perception of pain changing it into a more tolerable stimulation. I'd describe the difference as having your cold hand put into lukewarm water verses boiling water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think if there's even a 1% chance of developing psychosis then you should not smoke it. That virtually includes everyone btw. I understand some people can "use" it for some medicinal purposes. I'm not very knowledgeable about that really. Tbh intelligent and logic aside, marijuana just irks me. I'd always look for an alternative, even for use as medication.

The new CBD strains have almost eliminated the THC (psychotic) component.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I smoked it now and again as a kid but it was never my thing as I have never been able to stand cigarettes plus I couldn't roll them I use to know a kid who could roll them and make a joint in the dark in a gale force winds and thunderstorms he should of been on TV me I couldnt do it in laberatory conditions

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes, it saved my life and my body (from medication).

I also had an allergic reaction (due to medication), and it stopped the very violent reaction.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it saved my life and my body (from medication).

I also had an allergic reaction (due to medication), and it stopped the very violent reaction.
The new strains without THC have no effect on sobriety, provide help with spasms, and other seizures. And are available in oral and topical oils and legal in mosts states.

Upvote 0