MARCH FOR LIFE: TRUMP ‘HAS GOVERNED COMPLETELY AS A PRO-LIFER,’ UNLIKE OTHER GOP PRESIDENTS

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
His overall behavior doesn't indicate he's doing this because he's Christian, but because it can get him points. Sorry, but all I hear about grace is honestly those who a lot of conservative Christians agree with and never their opponents. It's hypocrisy.

I do not know whether he is a Christian or not, I know all politicians are concerned about points, elections and re-elections. I spoke of grace within a Christian context, and it is unfair to say Christians are never gracious to those with opposing views, it is more than unfair, it simply is not true.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know whether he is a Christian or not, I know all politicians are concerned about points, elections and re-elections. I spoke of grace within a Christian context, and it is unfair to say Christians are never gracious to those with opposing views, it is more than unfair, it simply is not true.

Definitely untrue. Christians have created the most tolerant nations on earth. Just look around.

Also, it doesn't really matter if Trump is a Christian in the context of who Christians should support. There is no rule that says you must support a Christian governing authority. All that matters is their actual governance. Can they uphold the divine principles of government according to Romans 13.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True and I would think that Trump would be more loved on a Christian site like this but it appears he's not.

How embarrassing.

You don't know what you have until the well runs dry.

M-Bob

I think Trump is loved by Christians. There are just a few "Christians" out there in the public that truly hate him. There is a huge faction of mormons that hate him. Mormons tend to be legalistic, and some Christians are as well.

I pray Christians nation-wide will start praying for our President. That'll trump the legalistic naysayers.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His overall behavior doesn't indicate he's doing this because he's Christian, but because it can get him points. Sorry, but all I hear about grace is honestly those who a lot of conservative Christians agree with and never their opponents. It's hypocrisy.

I'm agnostic on his spiritual standing. All the more reason to support the good things he's doing, and shine your testimony. What a terrible testimony for Christians to says "yes, you're doing good things, yes, you're governing according to Biblical principles. But we're going to hate you until you soteriology is perfect!" That's not christian, that pharisaical. Those with good soteriology need to live their faith in front of those who don't, so as to become a tool in God's hand and gain their ear. No one is going to listen to a self-righteous pharisee.

Trump is the most pro-life president in our nations history. He is one of the most pro-religious freedom presidents in our history. Let's let him know we appreciate it.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump threatens North Korea with nuclear annihilation and some say he is pro-life?

Wow. I suppose JackRT also condemns us for going to war with Hitler. Study theology my friend. Your pacifism is what armed NK in the first place.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm agnostic on his spiritual standing. All the more reason to support the good things he's doing, and shine your testimony. What a terrible testimony for Christians to says "yes, you're doing good things, yes, you're governing according to Biblical principles. But we're going to hate you until you soteriology is perfect!" That's not christian, that pharisaical. Those with good soteriology need to live their faith in front of those who don't, so as to become a tool in God's hand and gain their ear. No one is going to listen to a self-righteous pharisee.

Trump is the most pro-life president in our nations history. He is one of the most pro-religious freedom presidents in our history. Let's let him know we appreciate it.

i agree.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I suppose JackRT also condemns us for going to war with Hitler.

You suppose incorrectly. Don't worry, that is very common when comments are made about people you don't know.

Study theology my friend.

I have been for about 50 years. See also my comment above.

Your pacifism is what armed NK in the first place.

I am a veteran. Not my pacifism. See also my comment above.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It's funny to call me a Pharisee when people have every reason to criticize him for not being a good person at all. The problem is that we shouldn't make him into a man that he isn't. I don't want him to be called the most pro-life and religious freedom president when last year he did that travel ban. I find him to be someone who claims to be one of us in order to dupe us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think Trump is loved by Christians. There are just a few "Christians" out there in the public that truly hate him. There is a huge faction of mormons that hate him. Mormons tend to be legalistic, and some Christians are as well.

I pray Christians nation-wide will start praying for our President. That'll trump the legalistic naysayers.

If this was Trump on the other side, you wouldn't be calling us legalistic.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If this was Trump on the other side, you wouldn't be calling us legalistic.

Legalistic in the sense of nitpicking his past sins. Christians are generally forgiving of those who change their minds and go in the right direction. But many legalists tend to harp on past sins. To this day, I hear people complaining that Trump used to be pro-choice. It's as if they think that they are more righteous because they've been pro-life longer. It's obvious legalism. Reminds me of the prodigal son account and also the parable of the workers.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Legalistic in the sense of nitpicking his past sins. Christians are generally forgiving of those who change their minds and go in the right direction. But many legalists tend to harp on past sins. To this day, I hear people complaining that Trump used to be pro-choice. It's as if they think that they are more righteous because they've been pro-life longer. It's obvious legalism. Reminds me of the prodigal son account and also the parable of the workers.

Invoking legalism is hiding behind the fact that this man really has little to no actual Christian morals. People call conservatives legalistic for pointing out Clinton's flaws, but now we are supposed to be merciful towards a man that shares those same qualities. There is a reason past sins matter, because many times people like Trump have not apologized for them.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Invoking legalism is hiding behind the fact that this man really has little to no actual Christian morals.
Not one is good.
Are you qualified to speak here?
I'm not sure that I am?
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Invoking legalism is hiding behind the fact that this man really has little to no actual Christian morals.....

So fighting a holocaust is not moral? Interesting.

And i suppose you turning your back on the abortion holocaust is moral?

Never cease to be amazed at what I hear from this generation.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So fighting a holocaust is not moral? Interesting.

And i suppose you turning your back on the abortion holocaust is moral?

Never cease to be amazed at what I hear from this generation.

This is not turning my back, but pointing out how selling our souls is going to cost us in the long run.

Upvote 0