Many years to gurneyhalleck1 and his family!

Ortho_Cat

Orthodox Christian
Aug 12, 2009
KS
✟21,039.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Many years to our newly illumined brother in Christ, Joseph and his family! :liturgy:

I figured since he was chrismated on the same day that I was (Sunday after Pentecost), and shares the same patron saint as I (St. Joseph the Betrothed), that it is my responsibility to give a shout out! :thumbsup: May God continue to guide you all on your journey towards His kingdom! :crosseo:

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
May God grant him may years in health and happiness.

My 11 month old was baptized and chrismated today also.
I hope gurney behaved a better than my son though , peeing on his blanket, crying and turning away from father as he was trying to anoint him with oil.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Madrid

Orthodox Christian
Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gurney,

Welcome home, bro!

What an amazing coincidence that we have both found ourselves in Orthodoxy, after many years of wandering and struggling.

May the Lord God of our Fathers grant you many years.

Glory to you Lord. Glory to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph Hazen

The Religious Loudmouth
May 2, 2011
The Silent Planet
✟17,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I hope gurney behaved a better than my son though , peeing on his blanket, crying and turning away from father as he was trying to anoint him with oil.

I can bear witness to the fact that Joseph did not pee on his blanket or cry. :thumbsup:

Many Years to you and your wife and your great kids! Many, many years!

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

lol :D too funny :D

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, everyone. Today was HUGE for us. Honestly, I almost couldn't believe it. When I went up for communion, oh, goodness, it was beyond momentous. A year of watching people take communion, starving for it, it was truly powerful. The confession yesterday, chrismation today, seeing my family join with me....I have no words. As George Costanza would say, "I'm speechless! I am without speech!" :p

It was truly a great day. Father George went out of his way to pray for us throughout, mentioned us at the sermon and said such wonderful things, then at the closing had the Many Years song for us and just welcomed us with such warmth.

He blessed our icons afterward. My godfather had me help chant the thanksgiving prayers after the liturgy was concluded. That was lovely.

Father told me in an email how much richer our parish is now that we're a part of it. That just hit me hard. It meant so much that a priest cares that much. The right priest at the right time, truly put there by God. Father George is the best. When I first met him a year ago, he kind of intimidated me. He's a huge 6'7" big guy and he's tough. He comes across tough and a little intimidating when you first meet him. Doesn't take long to find out how sweet and caring he is.

Our kids took communion and seeing that was powerful. Then Kate came back to the pews and was crying. She was just bold-over, just overwhelmed that our five-year wilderness wandering was over. She's on cloud nine with me.

Thanks to Ortho Cat, Trent, dear brother, for starting this thread. If some of you only knew how many years, how many hours, how much heartache, how much sheer frustration and confusion I've had as to where I belong....for years and years.....One guy, a doctor at our parish named Bill just walked by me and patted me on the shoulder and said "welcome home." That pretty much sums it up. I'm very happy.

Thanks to so many of you in here like Ortho, Dorothea, Jesus4Madrid, Macarius, ArmyMatt, Proto, Gracefullamb, Philothei, Rusmeister, Eastern Drifter, Tapi, Jckstraw72, Maria Regina, and a host of others who have made me feel welcome and blessed. I'm honored to be among you as a brother in Christ. Thanks so much. I'm the most blessed man in the world right now.:crosseo:

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hmm.. I wouldn't put money on it. ;)

MANY YEARS!!!! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Colleen1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, everyone. Today was HUGE for us. Honestly, I almost couldn't believe it. When I went up for communion, oh, goodness, it was beyond momentous. A year of watching people take communion, starving for it, it was truly powerful. The confession yesterday, chrismation today, seeing my family join with me....I have no words. As George Costanza would say, "I'm speechless! I am without speech!" :p

It was truly a great day. Father George went out of his way to pray for us throughout, mentioned us at the sermon and said such wonderful things, then at the closing had the Many Years song for us and just welcomed us with such warmth.

He blessed our icons afterward. My godfather had me help chant the thanksgiving prayers after the liturgy was concluded. That was lovely.

Father told me in an email how much richer our parish is now that we're a part of it. That just hit me hard. It meant so much that a priest cares that much. The right priest at the right time, truly put there by God. Father George is the best. When I first met him a year ago, he kind of intimidated me. He's a huge 6'7" big guy and he's tough. He comes across tough and a little intimidating when you first meet him. Doesn't take long to find out how sweet and caring he is.

Our kids took communion and seeing that was powerful. Then Kate came back to the pews and was crying. She was just bold-over, just overwhelmed that our five-year wilderness wandering was over. She's on cloud nine with me.

Thanks to Ortho Cat, Trent, dear brother, for starting this thread. If some of you only knew how many years, how many hours, how much heartache, how much sheer frustration and confusion I've had as to where I belong....for years and years.....One guy, a doctor at our parish named Bill just walked by me and patted me on the shoulder and said "welcome home." That pretty much sums it up. I'm very happy.

Thanks to so many of you in here like Ortho, Dorothea, Jesus4Madrid, Macarius, ArmyMatt, Proto, Gracefullamb, Philothei, Rusmeister, Eastern Drifter, Tapi, Jckstraw72, Maria Regina, and a host of others who have made me feel welcome and blessed. I'm honored to be among you as a brother in Christ. Thanks so much. I'm the most blessed man in the world right now.:crosseo:

Oh, that's lovely! :D

Reactions: joyfulthanks
Upvote 0