My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]The Return of the King[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Not long ago I was sharing with a group of people about the imminent return of the Lord. Afterward a young woman approached me and asked if I really believed we were living in the last days. When I told I her that I did her countenance fell. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]She said "I don't want to think about Jesus coming soon, because there are things I want to do. I want to fall in love and get married. I want to have children and live life."[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I think her response if often typical of how many in the church feel today. There is no real excited anticipation for the Lord's return.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]One thing that distinguishes those who carry this Bridal revelation is that we long for the coming of our Bridegroom as a happy event.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In fact - let me make a bold statement: It's really not possible that we could know and love Jesus and not also love His appearing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Let me give you an example:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Suppose a young couple should meet and fall deeply in love. But the young man is committed to the military. They are married but soon after that the young man is sent far away and stationed in a foreign country. Days pass, then weeks, and even months. Then one day, the phone rings and the young woman hears the voice of her husband.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"I'm on my way home! I'm in the airport right now. I'll be there soon!"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Imagine his wife saying "Oh no! Don't tell me that! There are things I have planned to do. Can you stay away a little longer?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Would you think that young woman loved her husband? Of course not.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The reason many of us don't love his appearing is because we really have never fallen in love with Him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In his letter to Titus, Paul called the coming of the Lord a "blessed hope". The word blessed means "happy". The coming of the Lord, for believers, should be a happy event, It should be something that we look forward to with joy and eager anticipation - not something that we dread.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The prophet Joel referred to the coming of the Lord as the "great and terrible Day of the Lord". Joel 2:31[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Indeed, it will be a terrible day for those who have refused the free gift of God's salvation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]But for those who have been born again of the Spirit - the Day of the Lord will be a great day - because it will be o[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ur wedding day![/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]

[/FONT]​

(((My personal note: I agree with this author's devotional!!!)))[/FONT]
[/FONT]

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Nice sales pitch, do you always turn faith into a reason to buy things? We are told not to adorn ourselves with gold and silver, but with our godly behavior.

I should add, if you aren't in any way involved in that commercial site, I apologize, but I really don't appreciate sales pitches.

Marv

Upvote 0

Shulamite

Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense intended. I copied and pasted this devotional into this thread and didn't mean to include anything more. I will try to go in and remove the "ad". It truly was not intended.

The devotional was supposed to be what caught people's attention, missing Him and longing for Him, not the ad. Hopefully that was accomplished.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I loved your post. It is so true! I have run into people like that also. Think of those that He called to follow Him in the gospels such as the man who said. "Lord my father had recently died. I need to go and bury him." Jesus replies "Let the dead bury the dead." What the man asked of Christ seemes to be a legit excuse but Jesus cut him short. Some would even say that's pretty heartless of Him.

Well not when one is a soldier and a Bride in the King's service. Ask anyone in the military. The president or rhe King is who is most important

When one is bridal this service to the King is more than obedience to a command. Love is the driving force and compels you to follow the King where ever He goes.

The good new is that Jesus is the perfect pursuer and an expert wooer of souls. There WIL be more bridal souls in His Church than there are right now. :tutu:

"The Spirit and the Bride say,'Come Lord Jesus!"

P.S. I know you ain't into advertizing anything but Jesus. How do I know this? Because I know YOU!

Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for removing the add. I know one doesn't always end up with a post being exactly what one desired at the time.

And I do agree with you that what's with the fear of our Lord's return. It seems like the fear grows, I wonder sometimes if the Left Behind series as one example might encourage people to have that sort of viewpoint.

Marv

Upvote 0

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While I agree that Christians should look forward to heaven and being with Jesus, I can also understand the young woman's point of view. After all, God puts a desire in our hearts to live the life He has given us here on earth, as well as to live with Him eternally in heaven. We can look forward to spending eternity with Jesus, and truly love Him, and truly miss Him, and yet still hope to wake up tomorrow and receive the gift of another day in His service here on Earth. This is especially true for Christians who are only beginning their lives and who are looking forward to living long, fruitful, blessed lives here on Earth before continuing on to their eternal lives in Heaven.

In Philippians 1:20-26, Paul says that he is torn between the desire to go to heaven to be with Jesus or to stay on earth and continue with his work.

I can relate to both the young woman and to the original post. I love Jesus. I am excited to see Him one day. I want to continue to grow in my relationship with Him, and more than anything I want to be with Him more completely. And yet, I also want to live to old age, for many reasons. I want to see what He has in store for my life. I want to make a difference in the world. I want to grow to be the person who God made me to be. I want to experience the life that God has given me to the full - both here on earth, and eternally in heaven.

Ultimately, I am very happy that I am not the one who is deciding when Jesus will return, nor am I the one who is deciding the number of my days here on Earth. If it was my decision, I would likely wish Jesus to return instantly when times get difficult for me, or I would put off His return for too long when things are going to my liking. Either way, I'd be sure to get it wrong. I'm very happy that the decision is in God's hands and not in mine or anyone else's. I'm also thankful that none of us know the day or the hour, and so we can always be waiting expectantly and at the same time have every hope of living out our lives to the fullest extent. God is good, and has planned things out perfectly :)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that there's few who don't have excuses why they can't go now to the wedding feast . Just got married, have to plow a field, etc. and it does come down to having left the first love. Scripture says to do all for Christ, so the reason for getting married should be to experience God's ways for us more deeply. But who picks the shadow for the real thing? Every good thing is from God so any good desire here is but a shadow of better things. I think we decieve ourselves.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I agree that there's few who don't have excuses why they can't go now to the wedding feast . Just got married, have to plow a field, etc. and it does come down to having left the first love. Scripture says to do all for Christ, so the reason for getting married should be to experience God's ways for us more deeply. But who picks the shadow for the real thing? Every good thing is from God so any good desire here is but a shadow of better things. I think we decieve ourselves.

I appreciate this! :hug:

Upvote 0

Shulamite

Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, many take the "shadow" or "parable" instead of a real marriage and intimacy with Him. I agree and have seen this happen quite a bit. That's why Yeshua told anyone who would hear Him that if you love, 'husband, wife, chilldren, parents or yourself more than Him you are NOT WORTHY OF HIM."
No other can be your First Love!

Earthly marriage, though blessed by Him, is temporary. We are betrothed to Yeshua and we will FOREVER be the Wife of the Lamb! That is where my heart is set.
I nourish the marriage He and I share and everything else comes second. ***Besides, I'm too in love with Him to live any other way!*** Woo!!HOO!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beminde

Nov 16, 2006
The Netherlands
✟8,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, to be honest, of course it will be great when Jesus comes back, and it is something to look forward to. But I guess, when I'm honest, I should say I like my life on earth and I don't want it to be ended already. Oh, I feel kinda bad confessing this. It makes me feel selfish because so many people suffer in this life and look forward to the day Jesus comes back.

Upvote 0

Shulamite

Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, to be honest, of course it will be great when Jesus comes back, and it is something to look forward to. But I guess, when I'm honest, I should say I like my life on earth and I don't want it to be ended already. Oh, I feel kinda bad confessing this. It makes me feel selfish because so many people suffer in this life and look forward to the day Jesus comes back.
I respect your honesty and candor and believe that the Lord draws each person in His own way and timing.
I am just glad that He has created a heartsickness in me that misses Him so much that I can't wait until He comes back.
The things of this earth are temporary and don't hold me. I am in love with Him and as any bride would feel for her Husband that she misses, I miss Him.

Even if a person has a friendship with Yeshua and doesn't know Him as a Bridegroom, we should miss Him.
If my child or best friend went away for a very long time, life would not be the same without them. I'd have this heartsick longing for that person.

I feel this for Jesus everyday of my life. I have a lonely longing for Him that no other thing or person can satisfy.

That being said, that's where He has ME. He measures out to each person's heart how He sees fit at that time.

I admire your honesty though!

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian

I also appreciate your honesty. I want to encourgae you more but right now I have some things I need to do. I'll be back later.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian

Hello!:wave:

Here's what I think. I believe that Jesus can relate tio you. I think He actually loved being on earth when He was here in the flesh. He must have enjoyed a lot of the things we humans treasure, the feel of sand between His toes, soft green grass beneath His feet. The spray of the sea, the beauty of a sunset on this side of heaven. He had to enjoy laughter with good friends, swimming in lake galilee, walking through th market place, smelling the aromas of fresh baked bread or a good lamb stew cooking on an open fire. Also I think Jesus didn't like "goodbyes." Why? Because He was human and had the emotions of Man.

So Jesus understands you. He accepts you right where your at. He loves you 110% even more than you can possibly know. He has been spending a lot of time preparing a special place for you in heaven with many personal touches that He knows only you would appreciate. What so captures the heart of those who are looking forward to His coming is that we have been made aware of His beauty that far surpasses anything on earth. In comparison to this love that Jesus has for us the love in this world is not as colorful as what is manifested in Him. But this knowledge has to come through experience. The truth is the only reason why anyone loves Him is BECAUSE HE first loved us.

I would like to encourage you to keep pouring your heart out to Jesus. He longs to hear you simply say, "I love you Jesus." Oh what He can do with those three words! He can build on them.

He already sees you as one who truly loves Him. He sees the finished product and the work already done. Don't be discouraged if you feel your love isn't strong enough. It is better to be in a place of needing His help than to think you have arrived. I pray that you will see your self in his eyes today.

I think this video clip will greatly encourage you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8379136545188639387

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

genifer

May 29, 2006
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ill be honest here and say that when I read your post kisstheson, I kept thinking 'Is it really true'. I mean, I know with my head that its true bc Ive read about it but to think of it as being really really real, really really fills me with joy. Ive imagined what heaven would be like. I can only imagine it just the way you described, with the personal touches he has prepared for me. My kids and I talk about it quite alot. They want a pet tiger. lol. Sometimes, (im glad to say very rarely) I genuinely doubt and think this cant be true, can it? I forget that it is and get down. When I shake that foolishness I am so filled with hope and joy I feel I can go thru anything, lol.

gen

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Ill be honest here and say that when I read your post kisstheson, I kept thinking 'Is it really true'. I mean, I know with my head that its true bc Ive read about it but to think of it as being really really real, really really fills me with joy. Ive imagined what heaven would be like. I can only imagine it just the way you described, with the personal touches he has prepared for me. My kids and I talk about it quite alot. They want a pet tiger. lol. Sometimes, (im glad to say very rarely) I genuinely doubt and think this cant be true, can it? I forget that it is and get down. When I shake that foolishness I am so filled with hope and joy I feel I can go thru anything, lol.

gen

It's REALLY TRUE! :tutu:

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Kisstheson and Sulamite, thank you for your replys. When I hear you talk so full of passion and love for God, it really encourages me :) Thank you both so much! God bless you two. :)
Thank YOU! All the credit goes to Jesus.

"Apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15

I admit that I don't love Him enough. We ALL need His help and grace. :bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.