JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

A man accidentally shot himself in the leg while bowling at Jupiter Lanes about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, police said. Witnesses said the man had been carrying a gun in the pocket of his shorts.
Really? Isn't there a stupid shooter law which fines a person and makes them pay for the paramedics who tend to people who have no idea the issue of gun safety? Good thin he didn't shoot some kid on lane 8.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is he had shot off his other 'weapon' would he qualify for a Darwin award?

If it prevents reproduction, then yep that would of qualified.
(I think their was a winner for something like that a while ago)

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't he get to go for the spare and try to shoot the other leg?

Answer provided by another poster:

Because gun control is a political topic.

Anti-gun agenda, anti-NRA agenda's. Where else would it be posted? ;):doh:

I asked a specific question in the OP. Do either of you care to participate or should I expect more criticism over things I never said? Notice I never said anything here about being anti- gun or anti-NRA

:wave:

Upvote 0

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Any of you young whipper snappers recognize this man? Growing up, he was my hero.

earl2.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeKillen

debil
Sep 4, 2008
in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Man accidentally shoots self while bowling, police say | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

Really? Isn't there a stupid shooter law which fines a person and makes them pay for the paramedics who tend to people who have no idea the issue of gun safety? Good thin he didn't shoot some kid on lane 8.

Your idea has merit. I think we should as a nation look into requiring those who consume services be forced to repay the nation for those services if they were consumed based on bad choices. Carrying a loaded pistol in your shorts while bowling is probably a bad choice.

Anyone have other ideas for bad choices that result in the consumption of services?

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your idea has merit. I think we should as a nation look into requiring those who consume services be forced to repay the nation for those services if they were consumed based on bad choices. Carrying a loaded pistol in your shorts while bowling is probably a bad choice.

Anyone have other ideas for bad choices that result in the consumption of services?

Being unemployed, unwed motherhood, drug addiction, being a politician, there are several more but to list them all would be too tedious. As for the OP's question, I believe that reckless discharge of a firearm is a punishable offense. Didn't Plaxico Burress serve time for shooting himself? His gun may not have been registered ,I cannot remember, perhaps that was the reason he was jailed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCSr

Gunshine State
Sep 6, 2012
✟11,486.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

That's what I'm talking about, however I do not want to veer from the gun issue although your idea would make for a good thread. I am not talking about taking guns away but punishing those too stupid to secure their deadly weapons. We send drunk drivers to jail and issue stiff fines even if they don't harm others but because of their potential to harm others, so why should we give somebody who potentially harms others by discharging their weapon in public be given a pass?

Upvote 0

GeorgeKillen

debil
Sep 4, 2008
in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's what I'm talking about, however I do not want to veer from the gun issue although your idea would make for a good thread. I am not talking about taking guns away but punishing those too stupid to secure their deadly weapons. We send drunk drivers to jail and issue stiff fines even if they don't harm others but because of their potential to harm others, so why should we give somebody who potentially harms others by discharging their weapon in public be given a pass?

So this could go for STD infected males as well. Good to know.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Any of you young whipper snappers recognize this man? Growing up, he was my hero.

The late and great Earl Anthony. Most wins in the PBA all time, and all around awesome dude.

I grew up in the Walter Ray Williams, Jr. era. I always found it much more fun to root against Marshal Holman, but that's just me.

Back to the topic . . . Did the guy who shot himself while bowling happen to be in Columbine?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.