• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Mail in Voting

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Bumble Bee, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee Disciplemaker Staff Member Supervisor Supporter Staff on LOA

+3,956
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    For all those who say there is no issue with mail in voting because the USPS is reliable, let me just say that I know it is not and I do not trust it with important documents.

My marriage license was lost in the mail 3 1/2 years ago. I had to fill out a new one 6 months after my wedding.

My insurance card was lost in the mail this year. They ended up having to send a replacement card.

These two issues happened in separate states, so it isn’t an issue with a specific post office.

How can I be certain that my vote will make it to be counted?

I’m just going to leave this here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+15,777
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't know anybody saying that. In fact, Trump's new Postmaster General has gotten all my lefty friends in a twitter because they think he's actively working to undermine the USPS which will, among other things, undermine an election that's going to lean more heavily on mail-in votes.

3. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+6,138
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Much better than voting into an electronic black-box mystery touch screen.

4. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+1,291
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Well, nothing can really be trusted. But this year we really have no choice for the millions who shouldn't go vote in person.

5. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You can always drop it off at a secure drop box or turn it in at your county office where you would have filled out your voter registration.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree, even before I started voting by mail-in ballot (which I put in the drop box at our county building) I never used a voting machine, I always filled out a paper ballot.

7. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,800
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    And we've never had missin ballot boxes have we?

Oh wait...

We have, multiple times.

8. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Source?

9. jardiniere

jardiniere Well-Known Member

+544
    Pantheist
    Indeed, that's exactly what I did with my primaries ballot this year. As long as the ballot reaches me in time, I intend to bypass the mail box for the return, and send it straight to my polling box.

10. jardiniere

jardiniere Well-Known Member

+544
    Pantheist
    While the first and third sound like incompetence, the Broward County issue is fake news. I know that because it's in Florida, where Trump said the mail in vote is very safe and secure.

11. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    County officials found the missing box in early December. Taking into account those 836 votes, plus one stray ticket found separately from the box that had also been misplaced, the results flipped again. The new version of final results, which Land said should finally lay the issue to rest, was 11,800 votes in favor of the bond and 11,826 against. The result means that Midland ISD will not receive the authority to build two new high schools.

It wasn't that the box was lost or stole by anyone. This was obviously a small ballot box that someone put away and forgot about it. Incompentacy does happen.
    When we vote at the polls there are a couple of machines and paper ballots that are then dropped in a small ballot box. This is common in rural areas and has nothing to do with mail-in ballots.

This one doesn't have anything to do with lost or stolen drop boxes either. All the ballots were in the hands of the election officials. Again incompetence slowed down the count.

This one is the same as those above. It's the election officials who have valid ballots that were received on time that have messed up.

These are the type of drop boxes I am referring to and they are emptied at least once a day.
    ballot drop box - Google Search

During the primaries some places had drop boxes like these that were manned by poll workers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+2,522
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Given the size of the drop off boxes in my county (they are twice the size as a mailbox and built like a safe) it would be hard to lose one.

13. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+15,822
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    The President has no problem voting by mail.

14. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    He tweeted that it was safe and secure to vote by mail in FL. But he doesn't think it is in NV. FL is a state that he won in 2016 but NV was won by Clinton.

15. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+15,822
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    NV was rigged.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Hank77

+12,335
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    @cow451
    Mercedes Schlapp is mistaken when she says NV will allow people to mail-in ballots for three days after the election day. But that isn't what they have said. They said because of the slow down in mail delivery they will accept mail-in ballots for three more days IF the ballot has been clearly postmarked by Nov 3, election day.

17. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...so go vote in person.

18. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,355
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He thinks AZ is okay too but he isn't going to win the state this time...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,749
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It is just one more area where this election could go off the tracks. I have no doubt that in will end up in the courts.