• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Made a stupid and dangerous choice while driving feeling guilty and scared

Sune

Oct 13, 2020
Australia
✟28,117.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
An old man was walking on the side of a blind corner rather than the safe walkway on the other side of the road. I drove in the middle of the lanes around him when oncoming traffic started getting closer.
My brain just went ‘got to go back in lane now’ but what really bothers me is that I also had the thought of ‘it’s the old man’s fault for being dangerous if something happens’ right before I turned back into my lane. Which is untrue, I have a responsibility.
I went back in my lane, I’m pretty sure the old man was fine since I very briefly glanced back. I tend to give a huge berth when I can.

I didn’t check my mirrors properly when I returned and I don’t know if it’s because my berth was so wide my instincts said it was safe or not. I feel so sick with myself. It was less than two seconds. I immediately regretted my choice and I’m so angry with myself.

I just can’t settle and I hope that if I did come close to him, he does report me because if I’m making those kinds of mistakes I deserve whatever punishment I get.

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You’re alright. We all make mistakes and will continue learning from our mistakes.
Scary moment totally.
I almost crashed into someone’s front lawn a few weeks ago. Someone riding a bike just came out of nowhere. Like really out of nothing visible for me to have seen.
Ugh

Glad both the pedestrian and you are okay

Upvote 0