twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am not Lutheran, but I saw the question posted by someone else in another thread. The person asked if Lutherans can be considered Reformed.
I voted no because they are not Reformed they are Lutheran. The label Reformed has developed because of a certain doctrinal stance and theology and the Lutherans do not fit under that label. They have their own doctrines by which they identify themselves which is called Lutheranism.

Being Reformed is more than having your theology follow the Reformers. If that were all it takes to be Reformed then there would also be Zwinglians, Bezas etc. Reformed is to be shaped doctrinally by the whole of the Reformation and most often by the teaching of John Calvin. Though I do think that the Reformed umbrella has widened a bit over time to include certain Baptists.

But, not to continue to beat a dead horse, Lutheranism is a whole different theology and system.

And if I remember correctly Lutheranism is actually a product of Philip Melanchthon more than of Martin Luther.

Reactions: GQ Chris
Upvote 0