Logan City
✟764,479.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This reminded me of a story I was told years ago by a chap who had once been in ASIO, the Australian Intelligence Service (I'm talking 1960's, so it's hardly a security issue). He said he was in Malaysia at one point (during the Indonesian Confrontation I think) and was invited to join in with a village speciality, fermented birds complete with eyes floating around.

Anyway there's a collection of horror stories here. I think the museum is in Malmo, which is next door to Norway. Compared to some of the others, Lutefisk would be hard pressed to get an honorable mention.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You'll need a longer one than that to reach Norway!
Ya, but not so long a one to reach Minnesota, vhere dere are tousands uf Svedes und Norvegians. ;)

There used to be a guy who did comedy on the radio back in the 1940s; his real name was Harry Stewart, but his "persona" name was Yogi Yorgesson; he was absolutely hilarious, but his stuff wound be seen as "offensive" today. Anyway, he told the story of one of his neighbors saying, "Back in Sveden, vhere I vas born, I used to step outside my front door and yell 'Yohnson!', and dere were a hundred echos off da mountains: 'Yohnson! Yohnson! Yohnson!' But now dat I live here in Minnesota, I step outside my front door and yell 'Yohnson!', und I get ten tousand replies, all asking 'Vhich Yohnson?'" ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This reminded me of a story I was told years ago by a chap who had once been in ASIO, the Australian Intelligence Service (I'm talking 1960's, so it's hardly a security issue). He said he was in Malaysia at one point (during the Indonesian Confrontation I think) and was invited to join in with a village speciality, fermented birds complete with eyes floating around.

Anyway there's a collection of horror stories here. I think the museum is in Malmo, which is next door to Norway. Compared to some of the others, Lutefisk would be hard pressed to get an honorable mention.

Just coffee for me, thanks---and I don't mean that ferret-poop coffee they have in Indonesia, either.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Two bars of Safegard soap wrapped up in a G.I. towel and tied around my neck. If it got too bad, I would lift the towel and breathe through soap for a while. :(
I'd be so sick. I smell things nobody else can.
I dont even... ever ever...

I know I have smelled decaying animals [skunks are probably really high up there on the ewwww decaying on top of that smell] list.

I do not want to know. :crossrc:

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0