Lustful thoughts

Onmywalk

May 1, 2011
✟15,172.00
Faith
Christian
No, you are not alone. The truth is every man and woman sins...not one is good. But we are called to turn away from our sinful ways and turn to Jesus Christ. We may be able to quit some sins easily yet other seem to have a tight grip on us. We must turn to Jesus Christ completely. We must surrender and stop resisting Him. There is no room for a little sin in a Christians life. Repent and give it to God. Here is a prayer I have turned to every day and it continues to assist me on my walk.

Father God,
I confess that You alone are Creator.
Lord Jesus,
Thank You for dying for me.
Thank You for delivering me.
Thank You for rising for me.
Lord Jesus,
I repent of all my sin.
I repent of all lies.
I repent of all darkness.
I repent of all religion.
I repent of all spirituality.
And I invite you Holy Spirit to fill me
In Jesus’ name.
Amen

Best wishes to you and yours.
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Christe, eleison![/FONT]

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You are not alone my friend... God loves you no matter what. He knows that all Men lust and fantasies about things, even if you aren't willing to admit it. A lot of Christians will say they never have the urge to touch or never fantasies about women/men but they do, it is all part of the original sin. I don't think cutting Internet off will help you at all. Because you can't cut off your mind to do such things like fantasies, or you can't stop your self from not having the urge to touch. Having a deep relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazerath will truly help you. He loves you no matter what.

I'm not pro on this type of stuff, and feel free other Christians to correct me, it will help me, and other Christians like Andrew out.

(though I truely believe it is impossible not to have urges and fantasies about women/men)
You can pray and ask God to take away those urges until there is a mate for you..

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem is He won't.

John
NZ

This is true, we must learn to overcome the flesh before we can be counted among His spotless lambs. The thing is that every time you do it you are filled with remorse. This is a good thing, it means your conscience is being strengthened. Pray to Jesus, plead for forgiveness and ask that He will help you with this addiction and eventually when Jesus says your days of being tempted are over then you will have a final battle with the flesh and you will have overcome it because you already have the will to overcome otherwise it wouldn't worry you. Then once you have overcome it, you'll find that the urges have completely stopped. Once in a while you might become aware of the urge to do it again but then you will know it is spiritual in nature and remember the covenant you have made, but those types of temptation are only fake because it is only demonic temptation it isn't a fleshly desire because you have conquered the flesh. So all I say is keep on praying to Jesus to help you with it and one day when you have overcome then you will not even be amused with inappropriate contentography. I had a shoe fetish and it's gone. Many scholars believe fetishes are incurable well they don't believe that Jesus works miracles. So relax, hand it all over to God and don't suppress your remorse but instead plead for mercy when the burden of this world becomes so heavy you can't carry it. If you put your trust in Jesus then He will set you free, but you must be willing to give it up. No. You must want to give it up, that's the important thing. As long as your brain is giving favor to the flesh then you are losing the battle. As soon as you give favor to the spirit you have won. So just pray, pray and pray that Jesus will set you free because you aren't a slave to sin, you are a slave to Jesus. And if He sets you free then you will indeed be free.

Upvote 0

Flishvick07

Feb 11, 2011
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to addiction, we do our best to break it. This is the very problem that prevents you from breaking it. You desire to break a inappropriate content addiction, but you will continually fail unless you turn your gaze away from it and towards your Savior. I have found a very useful way to turn to Jesus in this temptation is: When you desire to watch lust, grab your Bible and READ! Pray that you recieve the Holy Spirit to interpret the scirpture so that you have a strong understanding. They Holy Spirit is not of the fleshy, and your desire to watch lust will potentially (depending on how hard you pray) be replaced with diligent study of the Living Word.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to addiction, we do our best to break it. This is the very problem that prevents you from breaking it. You desire to break a inappropriate content addiction, but you will continually fail unless you turn your gaze away from it and towards your Savior. I have found a very useful way to turn to Jesus in this temptation is: When you desire to watch lust, grab your Bible and READ! Pray that you recieve the Holy Spirit to interpret the scirpture so that you have a strong understanding. They Holy Spirit is not of the fleshy, and your desire to watch lust will potentially (depending on how hard you pray) be replaced with diligent study of the Living Word.

Hi Flish, I don't want to argue with you but that is not how Jesus has cured me from my addictions. In all cases I was freely allowed to indulge but then the remorse for having committed a sin chewed me up so much that next time I would think twice about doing it. We know that Satan is the tempter, so we only have to tell him to shove off once and he won't have a reason to bother you again. Then after a while he might see an opportunity to test us to see if we would give in just once, so that is what a scientist would call "relapse". If science would only accept God and the way He wants humanity to behave then we could really multiply and fill the universe.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gmhogan77

Nov 1, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe texastig has the most thorough and therefore complete answer, but if I might try to make this a bit more simple. I don't believe solitude is as much the problem as we are never alone in our Lord Jesus Christ. I think one thing to keep in mind is that God knew us in the womb and all that we are and all we would do including our struggles with temptation. When I find myself in such a conflict I try to remember to say the Lord's prayer and find something to do. Laundry, dishes, I suppose if I felt it a helpful distraction that I might dig a hole in my yard only to fill it in, just find something to do until your mind is quiet and centered again on Christ. I am far from perfect for I am a child in Christ but whether it is a flare in my temper or the urge to touch I try to site the proper virtue. Prudence, temperance, courage, justice, hope, faith and the greatest of these is love. Just remember, that no matter what you do, God knows it. That sounds scary at first but when I learned that I could not hide my transgressions it made it easier to seek forgiveness and also forgive myself. John 3:16, for he so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son... Another thing that is helpful for me to remember is that there's no need to worry for God loves you and will provide for you a path just as God has provided the light of day. Until your path is clear, brother, stay busy and use your hands for humble work. Don't worry about what you don't know, we all must learn as we go.

Upvote 0

Calebt

Oct 7, 2012
✟15,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone I am new to Christian Forums. I would like to introduce myself my name is Andrew. I am writing this because I feel like a bad Christian, because the Devil still tempts me with inappropriate contentography on occasion. I'm trying to live a better and more pure life, but I still get the urge to view inappropriate contentography and touch on occasion. I repent when I do it, but I feel like I am only going to get so many strikes. So what am I to do? I'm a 25 year old single dad and I get urges like every other male. I just feel really guilty about mine. Could someone offer up some advice?

Oh brother, have I been down this road. Remember this guilt after you repent does not come from God! Study the Word and ask for help concerning temptation for the LORD is all gracious and if you ask, you shall receive! Keep your guard up always concerning temptation with this and know that if you do this, repent and you shall be forgiven! There is no guilt with our LORD and Jesus Christ - remember this always! And lift all of this up to the LORD so he may heal you of this! Love you brother! Thank you LORD, thank you Jesus who came into the world and took away all sins so we may all have a chance at eternal life!!! How great is their love??? Praise the LORD Almighty forever and ever! Amen.

Upvote 0

asiyreh

God is salvation
Mar 14, 2012
Ireland
✟9,457.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's three process.

Justification - Legal righteousness from your Faith in Christ ALONE. Nothing works works in this case.

Sanctification - Were you and the holy spirit work together to eradicate Sin from your life.

Glorification - Only at this point will Sin and the temptation there of; be completely removed from your life.

for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity. Proverbs 24:16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone I am new to Christian Forums. I would like to introduce myself my name is Andrew. I am writing this because I feel like a bad Christian, because the Devil still tempts me with inappropriate contentography on occasion. I'm trying to live a better and more pure life, but I still get the urge to view inappropriate contentography and touch on occasion. I repent when I do it, but I feel like I am only going to get so many strikes. So what am I to do? I'm a 25 year old single dad and I get urges like every other male. I just feel really guilty about mine. Could someone offer up some advice?

Dear T.C.Christian,

First and foremost, my question to you would be 'Has God himself made you born again?' Or was it only a decision that you made for yourself and you were led into praying that prayer of acceptance and someone else pronounced you that you are now born again - which by the way is unbiblical as no mere human has the right to tell anyone that they are saved.

I am not making things complicated for you, but what I am doing is establishing the core foundation of a true Christian life.

You see a person who is truly in the faith has the Holy Spirit indwelling in him (1 Cor 3:16 'Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?'). And if we sin the Holy Spirit convicts us - John 16:8 'And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:'

1John 1:8-10 "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

That verse in 1John 1:8-10 also tells us that one of the proofs that we are truly in the faith is that when we sin, we know that we have sinned.

The question is, is this sin you commit is done habitually? if so you might want to go to Christ and ask Him if you are truly in the faith? Are you truly born again?

It is very important to know for sure, because if this sin, especially the inappropriate contentography, is habitual sinning, you might need to consider that maybe, just maybe you do not have the Holy Spirit indwelling in you and that you are not really a born again Christian.

Ask HIM. Seek your answer from HIM alone if you are truly saved.

Upvote 0