Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Having a strong desire for sexual satisfaction in general is not the same thing as an existent, specific desire or fantasy for commiting a sexual act that would infact be a sin for you to do.

It's natural to have the basic desire to have sexual fulfillment, when those unspecific urges that currently lack clarity or direction turn into a specific desire or fantasy to go do this or that and that act would be a sin for you to commit, then that is a form of lust.

The sexual urge is one thing, the desire to commit a sexual sin or the fantasy of commiting the sexual sin is infact... a sin. You see the diffrence?

Like "wow I haven't had sex in 6 months" and "wow I wanna butter her bread" you see the diffrence?

Upvote 0

tsuanthony

Jan 18, 2010
Oregon... rain :D
✟15,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having a strong desire for sexual satisfaction in general is not the same thing as an existent, specific desire or fantasy for commiting a sexual act that would infact be a sin for you to do.

It's natural to have the basic desire to have sexual fulfillment, when those unspecific urges that currently lack clarity or direction turn into a specific desire or fantasy to go do this or that and that act would be a sin for you to commit, then that is a form of lust.

The sexual urge is one thing, the desire to commit a sexual sin or the fantasy of commiting the sexual sin is infact... a sin. You see the diffrence?

Like "wow I haven't had sex in 6 months" and "wow I wanna butter her bread" you see the diffrence?

got it

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you are single and burning with passion than any sexual act you want to commit would be sin since your not married so that means lust has to be something more than just a burning passion. I mean when your burning with passoin what exactly do you think that means, it means exactly what it says, you want to get laid. I think the line between lust and passion gets drasticly blurred in christian circles and it results in things being called a sin that really are not.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For a very large number of single people their God created sex drive is a very real part of their lives. That in no way is lust, just biologically activated drive. That drive can be misplaced of course. But humans are not 'lustful sinners' simply because they have a matured sex drive.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For a very large number of single people their God created sex drive is a very real part of their lives. That in no way is lust, just biologically activated drive. That drive can be misplaced of course. But humans are not 'lustful sinners' simply because they have a matured sex drive.

John
NZ

The problem is as soon as any avenue to an outlet is pursued it gets slapped with a sin label and I think that is false, of course someone who has passionate thoughts is going to be thinking about sex and 99.9% of the time MBing otherwise what is passion other than empty words. Lust is when that passion turns destructive. Simply thinking about sex or even viewing a sex act is not sinful it is simply acting out that passion in the absesne of a spouse. Lust comes in when you mentally seek to pursue a sinful relationship with someone, so if you are thinking passionate thoughts towards your GF or fiance I would not even say that is sin if you plan to marry them.

Jesus said the word lust one time in the bible and some christians proped up an entire ministry around it putting an incredible burden on young male christians and they will answer for it.

Upvote 0

cowboysfan1970

Forum Regular
Aug 3, 2008
✟16,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So lust is define by wanting or thinking about engaging in sexual intercourse with someone?
It's not really that simple.

In the 19th and early 20th Centuries fathers would often ask young men who came to take their daughters out what their intentions were with them. They would want to know if the young man's intentions were strictly honorable. That more or less means that they were interested in them with the possible intent of marriage instead of wanting to hook up with them and nothing else. That's basically what lust is. Are your intentions towards her (or him in a woman's case) honorable or are you just wanting to get with her and nothing else? If the only reason you are with her is to hook up and nothing else then that's where someone has crossed the line even if nothing happens between them. It was the intent that was sinful.

Upvote 0

highlife

Jan 7, 2011
✟1,072.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not really that simple.

In the 19th and early 20th Centuries fathers would often ask young men who came to take their daughters out what their intentions were with them. They would want to know if the young man's intentions were strictly honorable. That more or less means that they were interested in them with the possible intent of marriage instead of wanting to hook up with them and nothing else. That's basically what lust is. Are your intentions towards her (or him in a woman's case) honorable or are you just wanting to get with her and nothing else? If the only reason you are with her is to hook up and nothing else then that's where someone has crossed the line even if nothing happens between them. It was the intent that was sinful.

I would agree with this, just because im sexually attracted to her and may even want to sleep with her does not mean that I want to sleep with her and dump her. Also just becasue I have the intention of marrying her does not mean that other red flags cant pop up and prevent that from happening.

But I agree its all in the intention.

Upvote 0