• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lust for a woman, as a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lazy Iguana

I think the root of your problem was that you didn't have strong adult female role models in your childhood developement, which created identity problems about your sexuality. When this happens, a girl's desire for a strong adult role model [can] become erotized. Did you have a good relationship with your mother? Did you have good female role models in your childhood developement?

If you want to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, you need to start memorizing and meditating on God's word - INTENSELY!!!!!!

I've had strongholds (ie, negative thinking patterns) in my life, but REALLY meditating on God's word has help enormously. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, and believe me, you will see changes.

What helps me is meditating on God's word before falling asleep. Doing this allows my subsconscious to meditate/dream about God's word. Ask God to transform your mind in the deepest, darkest corners of your subsconscious mind. Remember that the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind.

Reactions: Evee
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Swordman007 said:
It is more than likely that this thread will degrade to a level of sensationalistic rumor-mongering, like a soap opera, that serves only to appease the curiosity of those who toy with and prey upon ideas such as this in order to get their "fix", whatever that might be. Remember "As The Stomach Turns"?

Dr. Don Dean
Dear Dr Don,
While what you suggest could very easily have happened in the fourm in which this thread began, it very rarely, if even, happens here :) both you and the OP can rest in that confidence. :) If you do see that happening, PLEASE hit the report button!!

Upvote 0

Lmweatherly

Dec 19, 2004
Dallas
✟145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lazy Iguana said:
I think the root of your problem was that you didn't have strong adult female role models in your childhood developement, which created identity problems about your sexuality. When this happens, a girl' desire for a strong adult role model [can] become erotized. Did you have a good relationship with your mother? Did you have good female role models in your childhood developement?

If you want to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, you need to start memorizing and meditating on God's word - INTENSELY!!!!!!

I've had strongholds (ie, negative thinking patterns) in my life, but REALLY meditating on God's word has help enormously. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, and believe me, you will see changes.

What helps me is meditating on God's word before falling asleep. Doing this allows my subsconscious to meditate/dream about God's word. As God to transform your mind in the deepest, darkest corners of your subsconscious mind. Remember that the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind.
Thank you for your post. I have gotten that from quite a few people. The truth is my mother and I have a great relationship. Growing up I was one of 6 children and she devoted her entire life to raising us. And I would think that my view of men would also be altered if I had some childhood experience that distorted my view of men and women, and my desire to be with a man, and raise a family with a man is very much naturally there. This problem is supplemental.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.