Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:21

Καὶ ἦν ὁ λαὸς προσδοκῶν τὸν Ζαχαρίαν καὶ ἐθαύμαζον ἐν τῷ χρονίζειν ἐν τῷ ναῷ αὐτόν.

And the people were waiting for Zechariah, and they were wondering at his delay in the temple.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:22

ἐξελθὼν δὲ οὐκ ἐδύνατο λαλῆσαι αὐτοῖς καὶ ἐπέγνωσαν ὅτι ὀπτασίαν ἑώρακεν ἐν τῷ ναῷ· καὶ αὐτὸς ἦν διανεύων αὐτοῖς καὶ διέμενεν κωφός.

And when he came out, he was unable to speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he kept making signs to them and remained mute.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:23

καὶ ἐγένετο ὡς ἐπλήσθησαν αἱ ἡμέραι τῆς λειτουργίας αὐτοῦ, ἀπῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτοῦ.

And when his time of service was ended, he went to his home.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:24

μετα δε ταυτας τας ημερας συνελαβεν ελισαβετ η γυνη αυτου και περιεκρυβεν εαυτην μηνας πεντε λεγουσα

After these days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months she kept herself hidden, saying,

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:25

ὅτι οὕτως μοι πεποίηκεν κύριος ἐν ἡμέραις αἱς ἐπεῖδεν ἀφελεῖν ὄνειδος μου ἐν ἀνθρώποις.

“Thus the Lord has done for me in the days when he looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.”

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:26

Ἐν δὲ τῷ μηνὶ τῷ ἕκτῳ ἀπεστάλη ὀ ἄγγελος Γαβριὴλ ἀπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ εἰς πόλιν τῆς Γαλιλαίας ᾗ ὄνομα Ναζαρὲθ

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:26

Ἐν δὲ τῷ μηνὶ τῷ ἕκτῳ ἀπεστάλη ὀ ἄγγελος Γαβριὴλ ἀπὸ τοῦ θεοῦ εἰς πόλιν τῆς Γαλιλαίας ᾗ ὄνομα Ναζαρὲθ

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
Luk 1:26 εν δε τω μηνι τω εκτω απεσταλη ο αγγελος γαβριηλ απο του θεου εις πολιν της γαλιλαιας η ονομα ναζαρεθ

Lu 1:26 And in the sixth month, the messenger Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee, with the name Nazareth,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:25

ὅτι οὕτως μοι πεποίηκεν κύριος ἐν ἡμέραις αἱς ἐπεῖδεν ἀφελεῖν ὄνειδος μου ἐν ἀνθρώποις.

“Thus the Lord has done for me in the days when he looked on me, to take away my reproach among people.”
Luk 1:25 οτι ουτως μοι πεποιηκεν κυριος εν ημεραις αις επειδεν αφελειν ονειδος μου εν ανθρωποις

Lu 1:25 'That in this way the Lord has done to me, in the days which He covered me, to remove away my reproach among men.'

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:24

μετα δε ταυτας τας ημερας συνελαβεν ελισαβετ η γυνη αυτου και περιεκρυβεν εαυτην μηνας πεντε λεγουσα

After these days his wife Elizabeth conceived, and for five months she kept herself hidden, saying,

Luk 1:24

Lu 1:24 And after those days, his wife, Elizabeth conceived, and tried to cover herself up five months, saying,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:23

καὶ ἐγένετο ὡς ἐπλήσθησαν αἱ ἡμέραι τῆς λειτουργίας αὐτοῦ, ἀπῆλθεν εἰς τὸν οἶκον αὐτοῦ.

And when his time of service was ended, he went to his home.

Luk 1:23
και εγενετο ως επλησθησαν αι ημεραι της λειτουργιας αυτου απηλθεν εις τον οικον αυτου

Lu 1:23 And it happened, that, as the days of his ministration were approaching, he went forth to his own house.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:22

ἐξελθὼν δὲ οὐκ ἐδύνατο λαλῆσαι αὐτοῖς καὶ ἐπέγνωσαν ὅτι ὀπτασίαν ἑώρακεν ἐν τῷ ναῷ· καὶ αὐτὸς ἦν διανεύων αὐτοῖς καὶ διέμενεν κωφός.

And when he came out, he was unable to speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple. And he kept making signs to them and remained mute.
Luk 1:22 εξελθων δε ουκ εδυνατο λαλησαι αυτοις και επεγνωσαν οτι οπτασιαν εωρακεν εν τω ναω και αυτος ην διανευων αυτοις και διεμενεν κωφος

Lu 1:22 He came out, he was not able to speak to them: and they were aware that he had seen an apparition in the temple: and he nodded to them, and stayed a deaf mute.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:21

Καὶ ἦν ὁ λαὸς προσδοκῶν τὸν Ζαχαρίαν καὶ ἐθαύμαζον ἐν τῷ χρονίζειν ἐν τῷ ναῷ αὐτόν.

And the people were waiting for Zechariah, and they were wondering at his delay in the temple.
Luk 1:21 και ην ο λαος προσδοκων τον ζαχαριαν και εθαυμαζον εν τω χρονιζειν εν τω ναω αυτον

Lu 1:21 And the people were expecting Zacharias, and wondered that he lingered in the temple.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:20

καὶ ἰδοὺ ἔσῃ σιωπῶν καὶ μη δυνάμενος λαλῆσαι ἄχρι ἧς ἡμέρας γένηται ταῦτα ἀνθ’ ὧν οὐκ ἐπίστευσας τοῖς λόγοις μου, οἵτινες πληρωθήσονται εἰς τὸν καιρὸν αὐτῶν.

And behold, you will be silent and unable to speak until the day that these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their time.”

Luk 1:20
και ιδου εση σιωπων και μη δυναμενος λαλησαι αχρι ης ημερας γενηται ταυτα ανθ ων ουκ επιστευσας τοις λογοις μου οιτινες πληρωθησονται εις τον καιρον αυτων

Lu 1:20 And lo, you shall be shut up, and not be able to speak, up to the day this comes to pass, because you did not believe my words, which shall fulfill in their time.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:17

καὶ αὐτὸς προελεύσεται ἐνώπιον αὐτοῦ ἐν πνεύματι καὶ δυνάμει Ἠλίου, ἐπιστρέψαι καρδίας πατέρων ἐπὶ τέκνα καὶ ἀπειθεῖς ἐν φρονήσει δικαίων, ἑτοιμάσαι κυρίῳ λαὸν κατεσκευασμένον.

and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared."
Luk 1:17 και αυτος προελευσεται ενωπιον αυτου εν πνευματι και δυναμει ηλιου επιστρεψαι καρδιας πατερων επι τεκνα και απειθεις εν φρονησει δικαιων ετοιμασαι κυριω λαον κατεσκευασμενον
Lu 1:17 And he shall bring, in his presence, in the Spirit, and Power, of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers, over the children and disobedient, a preparation in the wisdom of uprightness; a people having been malted1 for the Lord.
1* Greek 2680 κατασκευάζω κατασκευασαι malted, manufactured

Upvote 0