Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought it was hilarious, I was also able to take from it what it was, decent storytelling and fiction, it sure as heck was not the bible's Lucifer. I think it went so long because Christians got there back up and complained and made it forbidden fruit which made it more popular.

My only complaint was Dennis Haysbert playing god, would have preferred Morgan freeman

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I thought it was hilarious, I was also able to take from it what it was, decent storytelling and fiction, it sure as heck was not the bible's Lucifer. I think it went so long because Christians got there back up and complained and made it forbidden fruit which made it more popular.

My only complaint was Dennis Haysbert playing god, would have preferred Morgan freeman

I watch the show also, I liked the show - I did a lot of comparison, knowing what the true Lucifer is like and who our God is. I saw a few similarities in our biblical Lucifer. But the show was as well as a few other shows concerning angels and their falls from grace was off based. Just like the movie Michael starring John Travolta or the TV show Supernatural.
The thing is shows such as that upheaves the truth and mislead many people from the truth - even some that feel they already know.
Fox canceled mainly because the show was owned by Warner Brothers and they say poor ratings - it Netflix picked it up. I didn't even realize it had been canceled until I read it somewhere almost a year afterwards.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Compare the personality of the TV Lucifer with Skyrim's Daedric Prince Clavicus Vile, he even speaks with a british accent, and loves tricking mortals into making deals. (Skyrim came first and was pretty popular at the time)

Yeah, totally has nothing to do with the bible's lucifer.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it sure as heck was not the bible's Lucifer.

Kind of a spin off of Gaiman's Lucifer from the Sandman series, but not even really that.

In the Sandman, Lucifer eventually leaves Hell and winds up at Lux a bit like in the TV series, but it's pretty divergent after that. The Netflix Sandman series is very faithful to Gaiman's stories, and some biblical characters appear in it, but it was never meant to be biblical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0