Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to know more about what happened. What do we know about Satan and his servants. I simply understand that Lucifer was a great Angel who decided to rebel against God. He was then cast out along with many others who supported him. What does the Bible say on all this?

I don't directly concern myself with evil of course, I stay away from the occult etc. But I am curious as to who and what we are up against, the enemy. In spiritual warfare I want to be armed with knowledge.

So refer me to scripture and books please.

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God gives absolute freedom to angels and also mankind, we are not created as robots, we are given a freewill whether to obey God or else.

Not only the devil but the kings of the world will also refuse Jesus and try to kill him at the 2nd coming :

The 2nd coming of Christ will be known to the kings and the armies of the world so it is no secret. The kings and their armies will be prepared to battle Jesus at Armageddon because they know Jesus will claim back the earth from the hand of the devil and its followers.

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
(Armageddon battle)

Rev 19:19 (they know Jesus is coming)
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I want to know more about what happened. What do we know about Satan and his servants. I simply understand that Lucifer was a great Angel who decided to rebel against God. He was then cast out along with many others who supported him. What does the Bible say on all this?

I don't directly concern myself with evil of course, I stay away from the occult etc. But I am curious as to who and what we are up against, the enemy. In spiritual warfare I want to be armed with knowledge.

Lucifer's desire was to be like God, to take the place of God, to usurp His position, and to receive worship. It was inspired by pride. These are scattered in various Scripture references.

Not much is said of the rebellion itself or the angels which joined him. It was a third of the Angels, there was war in heaven, and the evil ones were defeated and cast down. They are condemned at the end of this age, and will remain evil until they are judged, unable to repent. In the meantime, they seek to destroy mankind, spreading lies, tempting, etc.

Christ has already defeated them, but I would be wary of little things that can amount to no more than gimmicks. Through Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, Satan and the fallen angels are defeated, but we are warned to be watchful because the enemy seeks to destroy us, and remember that demons assaulted the sons of Sceva who attempted to use the Name of Christ to overcome them.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It isn't as though this knowledge is spelled-out and written of like an essay in the bible, rather, it is knowledge that grows in us as we learn more about life and as we come to comprehend greater depths of what the bible writers were saying.

One that I shall correct you on, is this idea that Lucifer is Satan, because the name "Lucifer" appears only once in the bible, in Isaiah 14:12, and it is used to describe the king of Babylon.

The title "Satan" simply means "the one who is opposed", and it can be used as a title for anyone who is opposed. When we consider that the watchers in Genesis 6:2 (Jude 1:6) rebelled against God's sovereignty and took to make mankind according to it's own desire, there we can observe that there was a number of satans (those opposed). We also know that there are unclean spirits and familiar spirits, these too are satanic spirits. Just as the man who had unclean spirits in Mark 5:9 said, there are many who are opposed to God's way (Mark 12:27, John 10:10).

The term "devil" simply means to describe the evil spirit that tempts or possesses someone when they become satanic. So it is between The Holy Spirit and the devil that the war wages for our soul, and it is to whom we yield our mind (belief: the tendency to think and act), that is what determines whether we are possessed by holy or unholy spirit, or in fact free of possession altogether (John 8:34-36). For this battle over our mind, there are agents - both human and angelic (Hebrews 1:13-14). Jesus spoke of the devil having fallen from heaven when He had equipped the disciples with authority in Luke 10:17-20. This authority comes from our righteousness (Psalms 32:1-2, Matthew 5:20, Isaiah 54:17) - and righteousness is defined for this purpose as having no guilt, shame or error. Therefore, if we remove all our selfish interests (passion of the flesh, consider The Seven Deadly Sins and see also Jeremiah 23:16-32), then we are representing God in truth, nobody can convict us for acting in sin (Romans 8:1), and since God is the supreme power, He is fully capable of executing justice for us (Romans 8:33-34, 1 Corinthians 3:17).

The only other potential weakness then, is a doctrinal defect that pacifies us so that we do not exercise appropriate authority (Ephesians 4:14-16), and as you will be suspecting now, this is a widespread issue in the present day (2 Peter 2:1-2, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Isaiah 5:13-14). So I suppose you see what we are up against (Colossians 2:15) and what is at stake for them and for us. The wages of sin is death, and by this, I mean it is an immediate spiritual death when a person chooses to depart from God for the sake of that sin (James 1:15, 1 John 1:6, Galatians 6:1, Jude 1:22-23, 1 Timothy 1:5-7), but it does not necessarily cause physical death because the destroyer might consider it rather more valuable to maintain it's operation as an instrument of destruction (consider Matthew 12:25).

Above all, when you venture into the spiritual realm, it is not all demons. There you will come to know also the holy angels and Jesus Christ (Mark 8:38, John 14:21).

I'm sure you will find this useful, but I wouldn't be surprised if the extremely sharp view gives rise to some fear or suspicions. I encourage you to make sure that you cross-examine me and ask for supporting scripture if you are having any doubts about the reliability of what I have said, or if you feel that what I have said is not consistent with your reading of scripture (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Also, if you'd like to see that I am coming from a place of love, so as to assess my spirit more, I do welcome you to read the gospel booklet that I share with people each day. The Lord helped me to construct this through much prayer and a number of revisions from feedback in the field :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Speaking of knowledge, this verse specifically focuses on it, as well as wisdom:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Prov 9:10

I'd start there.

There's also a book called "The Joy of Fearing God" by Jerry Bridges that delves into Godly "knowledge" and that which accompanies it, Godly "wisdom" and a Godly "fear of the Lord".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please refer to EZEK.28:17, REV.12:4-9 and ISA.14:12.

Earth is like a test-bed for God to hire new faithful servants to replace the sacked rebellious Satan and his demons(= fallen angels). The new hires will enter into the kingdom of heaven and work for God.
... They will die, be resurrected or raptured(= saved from hell - 1THESS.4:16) by God/Jesus/Spirit, spend a Millennium/1,000-years with their Lord Jesus Christ on a new earth(ISA.11:6 & 2:4 & 65:25, MICAH.4:1, REV.20:4) before finally ascending into heaven.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

We don't fight Satan, we armor up with God, through Jesus and the Holy Spirit and they fight . We don't have the power to fight Satan but He does. Even in rebuking evil power which we have authority to do if we are born again, we don't actually do the battle, power in the name of Jesus does the work. It's like blowing a whistle, the whistle has no power and the whistle blower but a puff of air, however the 10,000 troops it called in does have the power. He who is in you is more powerful than that foe. I'd study up on the power of Jesus Christ, rebuking etc. Forget the devil but study the one who conquered the devil. You don't need to know any more than Satan wants to destroy you but that Jesus conquered Satan already. Be strong in Christ, your power to overcome is in Him.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Lucifer was a Cherubim Angel.. Which is a certain type of Angel.. A mix of human and beast features.. There are Angels who only have human type bodies.. Lucifer had wings and used them as a covering over the the throne of God .. So Lucifer was very close to the Father in Heaven probably one of the most exalted Cherubim's . His wings where also instruments which produced wonderful music..

Lucifer because of his beauty and magnificence one day became proud and the thought came to him that he too should be equal with the Father and be worshiped as God.. He wanted Godhood..

This is the Great Controversy.. The LORD God knows there can only be on God and that no other being, no matter how magnificent can be God / cannot fulfill the function of God.. Only God can be God..

God could have simply destroyed Lucifer the moment Lucifer thought to rebel against God.. But God being Perfect chose to disprove Lucifer by arranging a demonstrating that Lucifer's claim to Godhood was false...

I believe God created the universe and all that is in the universe ( including us) as a stage where the competing claims of Lucifer and his allied Angels could be put to the test... The world is in some way like the OT book of Job.. Job really represents the entire human race in a way.. God allowed Lucifer / satan to attempt to sabotage His creation, and seemingly satan achieved this by enticing humans to take on the Knowledge of good and evil.. Before humans did they they where Good... God called his creation Good when he had complete His creation..

satan through He had placed God in an unwinnable situation.. Gods creation was not corrupted and thus God would be forced to destroy His creation.. If God destroyed His creation than satan could then stand before the heavenly host and point out that God had created something that failed and thus satan could claim God was not Perfect and therefore show the Heavenly host that God could not justify His position as the one and only God of all existence because satan had proven that God was fallible.. And if God has allowed His creation to go on forever as corrupt satan could again stand before the heavenly host and declare God as being corrupt for allowing corruption to exist for eternity in His presence..

But God foreknowing from the very beginning what satan would do and how humans would take the bait. also knew how to Redeem His creation in a justified Way and thus defeat the satanic challenge to His exclusive position of Godhood... So by demonstration God wins over the Angel Micheal and 2/3rds of the heavenly host while satan and his 1/3rd Angels are cast down to play a part in the final outpouring of wrath upon this earth and to eventually be cast into the eternal lake of fire where also humans who allied themselves with satan and rejected the gift of redemption of God could also justly be cast into the eternal lake of fire with satan and his angels..

Thus lucifers / satans rebellion shall be defeated and God will then have a perfect heaven and a perfect earth and a perfect eternal people who will be His adopted Children for ever and ever..

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The scriptures from Isaiah and Ezekiel and the surrounding verses, are both about men, and allegorically their father fallen Lucifer. No pagan men were anointed, and no men or women were cherubs, or winged.

In Matthews Gospel is the list of unclean things, that came in the great fall of one third of the angels. Matthew 15:19, Murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, slanders, blasphemies.
Also from John 8:44, Lucifer was a liar from the beginning. Some among us are his spiritual sons.
And Matthew 21:38, and the surrounding passage, the Jewish priests killed the prophets and now came to kill the Son, like Lucifer, his sons.

From all these scriptures I understand in the beginning archangel or anointed cherub Lucifer was a liar and proud of his beauty, envied God Himself, drew a group into rebellion and sought to first force God to lie, then break His promises. They possessed His knowledge and power to use back against Him. They sought to make God forced to keep their instruction and ultimately get the full better of Him, and make Him such a slave that all His power would be theirs especially Lucifer's and God would no longer even be conscious and be spiritually dead.

They wanted to murder God, death was made for God. To benefit Lucifer, who no longer loved God like his Master but seeing Him more like a Bison, every part put to use, loved game.

We who want to murder are sons of Satan, and unclean, seeking to use what God has given against Him and or for ourselves. Seeking to provide for ourselves, to steal. Adam stole from the tree of knowledge, to become equal to God. Thus we inherit a tendency to be sons of the Devil.

So God made Hell for the Devil and his angels, a place with no knowledge or light, no bread, nothing to use against God, and fire from His anger. They are in chains of darkness. They can repent, but no sacrifice was made for them, as the no good thief, they mocked Jesus at His death, whereas the good thief humbled himself and prayed. Jude 1:6. Luke 23:39. Representing Lucifer and Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You may want to watch this video interviewing a biblical scholar on the topic:

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, Satan is an entity, not just a concept?
In the desert, it was he who tempted Christ. What interests me is that he offered the whole world to Christ if he would but bow to him. This means the world is Satan's to give, for now.

So someone clarify, Satan is a spirit, real, in charge and has many devil's as his followers. He is as real as Jesus. But has been defeated yet his goal is to take as many souls with Him to hell as possible while he can.

Is this the score? Why so little in the Bible about him? We need to know what and who is our enemy. I know we must keep our eyes on Jesus and listen only to His voice. But our nature is to sin, Satan takes full advantage of this.

Have i understood correctly?
Any good books to recommend? I like to know and understand.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What's apocrypha? Yes, what do you recommend?
The apocrypha are in the Catholic Bible and e-sword, maybe New Advent the website. They are not the word of God but historical books from Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You may like Derek Prince Ministries resources.

And John Bevere wrote a book called the Bait of Satan.

Marilyn Hickey also wrote about Satan, and Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland. Dr Ken Fish ghost writer for John Wimber specializes in deliverance ministry. Randy Clark does some, but focuses on healing, and tells stories of pains moving around in a person as they pray.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The book of Enoch talks about some of these questions BUT ... it is only canon for the Oriental Orthodox Church (not even sure if it is for all of them) and as far as I know, they do NOT interpret much/any of the demonology found there in a literal sense. The reason I mention this is that if you're going to use a historic book, IMO it's best to at least consider the opinion of the Church that has maintained it and understands it. Going off on your own and taking too much from it results in things like the "Noah" movie that came out a few years ago. It was an interesting fiction, but NOT safe to consider as theology.

God be with you.

Upvote 0