LDS Lucifer and Jesus are not brothers!

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Know the original Hebrew or Greek before you correct us. Thanks.
If you were fluent in speaking and reading ancient Hebrew and Greek, I would assign more weight to your statement. What I suspect is that you know just enough to confuse the issue even more than it is already confused by 50+ different translations. You know that the 50+ translations were done to make it easier for us to know the English translation of the ancient Hebrew and Greek. How did that turn out?

I could be completely off base, so would you tell us your credentials regarding ancient Hebrew and Greek? If you are fluent, there are a lot of questions that I would like to ask you. Thanks.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you were fluent in speaking and reading ancient Hebrew and Greek, I would assign more weight to your statement. What I suspect is that you know just enough to confuse the issue even more than it is already confused by 50+ different translations. You know that the 50+ translations were done to make it easier for us to know the English translation of the ancient Hebrew and Greek. How did that turn out?

I could be completely off base, so would you tell us your credentials regarding ancient Hebrew and Greek? If you are fluent, there are a lot of questions that I would like to ask you. Thanks.
You can educate yourself by looking at what sort of tools and software is available for this. Than rather than telling me I am confused, you will see that with little training but with great diligence most can learn how to do this. Probably even you.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can God make us divine?

Can God change our human DNA to God DNA?

Can't let go of that wanting to be God can you??---Neither could Lucifer. You 2 could be sharing facilities. You don't think He's had enough time to make another one yet???

Isa_44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Deu_5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You can educate yourself by looking at what sort of tools and software is available for this. Than rather than telling me I am confused, you will see that with little training but with great diligence most can learn how to do this. Probably even you.
So we have a question about a particular word, lets call it X. Just in English X could have 3 definitions. Usually in the dictionary, it lists the most common definition first, and so forth. Since we are fluent in speaking and reading modern English, and we recognize the little nuances that can present themselves, and we can usually put the word in context (since we understand the context), we can usually come to an agreement as to what this X means.

But, since there are times that we can not come to an agreement about X in English, lets now see if we can go back to the original Hebrew or Greek to help us. What we find often is the X in Hebrew and Greek has many definitions also. This time, however, since we are not fluent in Hebrew or Greek and we do not understand the little nuanses of the day, 2000-4000 years ago, and it is hard to know the context that the word was used in, it becomes much more difficult to come to consensus about what the ancients meant when they said X.

So when you have a person that translates this X into English, another translator is so incensed that the translation is not right, so he translates X the way he thinks it is and so forth, and so forth, and so forth, until today there are 50+ translations from the Hebrew and the Greek that are all supposed to be the best available English transation.

So I think, if you cannot agree with me about X in English, the probability that you will agree with me about X in Hebrew and Greek is very low.

The great thing about looking up X in Hebrew or Greek is that you can pretty much come to a definition that supports your agenda, or your belief. in fact I can quarantee it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Can't let go of that wanting to be God can you??---Neither could Lucifer. You 2 could be sharing facilities. You don't think He's had enough time to make another one yet???

Isa_44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Deu_5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
If God willed it, could He make us divine?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

How do you interpret "partakers of the divine nature" below?

2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So we have a question about a particular word, lets call it X. Just in English X could have 3 definitions. Usually in the dictionary, it lists the most common definition first, and so forth. Since we are fluent in speaking and reading modern English, and we recognize the little nuances that can present themselves, and we can usually put the word in context (since we understand the context), we can usually come to an agreement as to what this X means.

But, since there are times that we can not come to an agreement about X in English, lets now see if we can go back to the original Hebrew or Greek to help us. What we find often is the X in Hebrew and Greek has many definitions also. This time, however, since we are not fluent in Hebrew or Greek and we do not understand the little nuanses of the day, 2000-4000 years ago, and it is hard to know the context that the word was used in, it becomes much more difficult to come to consensus about what the ancients meant when they said X.

So when you have a person that translates this X into English, another translator is so incensed that the translation is not right, so he translates X the way he thinks it is and so forth, and so forth, and so forth, until today there are 50+ translations from the Hebrew and the Greek that are all supposed to be the best available English transation.

So I think, if you cannot agree with me about X in English, the probability that you will agree with me about X in Hebrew and Greek is very low.

The great thing about looking up X in Hebrew or Greek is that you can pretty much come to a definition that supports your agenda, or your belief. in fact I can quarantee it.
Well that's because you don't try but would rather give excuses. Just say you don't care enough to find out and then stop telling us what our scripture means. It's not that hard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Well that's because you don't try but would rather give excuses. Just say you don't care enough to find out and then stop telling us what our scripture means. It's not that hard.
Sorry again, the bible is not your scriptures only. And it's not for your private interpretation either.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You don't even believe in it unless someone tells you it's ok
Please, just because I believe in a present day prophet of God, does not mean I don't have my own mind and will. I do hope that my mind and will is in line with his mind and will, because his mind and will is in line with Jesus's mind and will.

So we not only have the Bible and the Book of Mormon, 2 excellent ancient texts that give us guiding principles, but we also have a living oracle that communicates with Jesus today, to give us modern guiding principles, to help against today's unique problems too. Just like there has been since the world began. It is a model of governance that Jesus set up in the beginning, and it is still in operation today.

Even though I am getting excellent guiding priciples from books and prophets, I also have direct access to God and Jesus through prayer. So I can solve personal problems without having to go to the prophet. I pray and Jesus sends the Holy Ghost to help me with my own personal situations.

I also have a Melchisedec Priesthood brotherhood around me that is interested in my well being too. So I am well taken care of, and life is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I also have a Melchisedec Priesthood brotherhood around me that is interested in my well being too. So I am well taken care of, and life is good.
Yes, the priesthood of Jesus Christ. That Mormons stole. What have you got that you haven't stolen from Jews or Christians? Is anything REALLY yours?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What part of "thou shalt have no other Gods" is it that you don't comprehend??---
You will have to ask Jesus, who is God. He said to Mary, I ascend to My God and your God
(Math. 20:17) Sounds to me like Jesus, who is God, is ascending to his God, God the Father. If my math is correct that is 2 Gods. God the Father in heaven, and God the Son on earth. So ask Jesus about that.

Jesus says his God is greater than him.
Jesus prays to his God.
Jesus asks why his God had forsaken him.
Jesus ascended to his God.
Jesus sits on the right hand of his God.

Which part of Jesus telling us about his God is it that you don't comprehend??

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You will have to ask Jesus, who is God. He said to Mary, I ascend to My God and your God
(Math. 20:17) Sounds to me like Jesus, who is God, is ascending to his God, God the Father. If my math is correct that is 2 Gods. God the Father in heaven, and God the Son on earth. So ask Jesus about that.

Jesus prays to his God.

Each member of the Trinity calls each other God.

This just once more proves, a different Jesus

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Jesus prays to his God.

Oh--we fully understand that---what you do not comprehend is that we do not become Gods--there are no other Gods--God the Father is it and Jesus Christ His ONLY Son---and the Holy Spirit--no other Gods means just that, not ever, past present or future.

Upvote 0