Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
However, California's rates of detention per capita are nearly 45% lower than Texas. One of the big factors is California's much lower pre-trial detention rate compared to Texas (although it's still absurdly high compared to the rest of the developed world).

Another factor is that those who commit crimes are allowed to continue committing crimes.

"The president of the California Retailers Association says the solution to San Francisco's organized theft problem lies, in part, with District Attorney Chesa Boudin, who she says has made it clear he won't prosecute suspects in these types of crimes."
CA Retailer's Association president calls out DA Chesa Boudin amid SF's spike in organized crime

Heck, just think of the fact that we could end incarcerations all over the country and close down all the jails and prisons if we would just stop prosecuting people when they commit crimes!

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From your own article:

"When police bring us cases that have chargeable evidence of crimes that were committed including shoplifting, petty theft and certainly organized retail crime we take action in the vast majority of those cases. We're actively working with law enforcement partners and across the bay area to dismantle the organized retail crime networks that create a marketplace for stolen goods," said Boudin.

Boudin's office recently filed 15 charges against a suspect who was caught on video taken by ABC7 News reporter Lyanne Melendez at a Walgreens in San Francisco. Boudin says last year, the Retail Theft Taskforce recovered $8 million of stolen goods in one operation involving several agencies."

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From your own article:

"When police bring us cases that have chargeable evidence of crimes that were committed including shoplifting, petty theft and certainly organized retail crime we take action in the vast majority of those cases. We're actively working with law enforcement partners and across the bay area to dismantle the organized retail crime networks that create a marketplace for stolen goods," said Boudin.

Boudin's office recently filed 15 charges against a suspect who was caught on video taken by ABC7 News reporter Lyanne Melendez at a Walgreens in San Francisco. Boudin says last year, the Retail Theft Taskforce recovered $8 million of stolen goods in one operation involving several agencies."

That was at the end of the article where Boudin tried to make a defense for their office's lack of action. No evidence there. Just claims. The entire rest of the article documents actual cases that have been ignored, along with the consequences of stores having to go out of business because of all the unprosecuted thefts that only encourage more thefts.
But go ahead and ignore the facts if you wish.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That’s not bad considering Texas has the second largest population. So then apparently there are 15 states with lower population and more violent crime. ;)
Oh dear. Do you not understand what "crime rate" means?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well fortunately for us, humans have eyes ears and mouths so we are capable of seeing who is shooting unarmed people, and we are able to communicate. Typically in a situation like that an armed civilian wouldn’t just pull out his gun and start shooting random people hoping one is the bad guy and police typically don’t do that as well. They tell armed individuals to drop their weapon, at that point all the civilian has to do is comply.
Yeah, because most mass shootings take place in open fiends where everyone can see what’s happening.
Dallas police chief says armed civilians in Texas 'increasingly challenging'

“It is increasingly challenging when people have AR-15s (a type of rifle) slung over, and shootings occur in a crowd. And they begin running, and we don’t know if they are a shooter or not,” Brown said. “We don’t know who the ‘good guy’ versus who the ‘bad guy’ is, if everybody starts shooting.”

Seeing multiple people carrying rifles led police initially to believe they were under attack by multiple shooters.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, because most mass shootings take place in open fiends where everyone can see what’s happening.

“It is increasingly challenging when people have AR-15s (a type of rifle) slung over, and shootings occur in a crowd. And they begin running, and we don’t know if they are a shooter or not,” Brown said. “We don’t know who the ‘good guy’ versus who the ‘bad guy’ is, if everybody starts shooting.”

Seeing multiple people carrying rifles led police initially to believe they were under attack by multiple shooters.

With the good news being that all those other people with rifles would be able to take out the mass shooter. Bad news for the mass shooter.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ahh so people can only see in open “fields”, I’m assuming that’s what you meant to type. Exactly how many people were shot accidentally in that event? Zero would be the correct answer. Yeah it was alarming for the police to see people running away carrying guns, fortunately they could see that these people carrying guns weren’t shooting anyone even despite their alleged handicap of not being in an open field.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With the good news being that all those other people with rifles would be able to take out the mass shooter. Bad news for the mass shooter.
And bad news for the good guys who then could get killed by police who think they are a bad guy.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And bad news for the good guys who then could get killed by police who think they are a bad guy.

Why would police shoot at someone who isn't shooting at random people? They're better trained than that to identify who is actually a threat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would police shoot at someone who isn't shooting at random people? They're better trained than that to identify who is actually a threat.
Yeah, when have the police shot someone just for having a gun out? THAT never happens LOL. And they’ve NEVER shot the good guy before!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ahh so people can only see in open “fields”, I’m assuming that’s what you meant to type. Exactly how many people were shot accidentally in that event? Zero would be the correct answer. Yeah it was alarming for the police to see people running away carrying guns, fortunately they could see that these people carrying guns weren’t shooting anyone even despite their alleged handicap of not being in an open field.
In a school, a grocery store, almost any indoor area or shootings involving multiple city blocks, people hear gunshots snd screaming, hear there is an active shooter, but unless they are right there don’t see him until he appears where they are hiding. No, they can’t see through walls or aisles or around the corner. Again, you’re n a grocery store, you hear shots fired, people are screaming and running, you pull out your gun, then a guy rounds the corner with a gun out as well. How do you know he’s the shooter?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, when have the police shot someone just for having a gun out? THAT never happens LOL. And they’ve NEVER shot the good guy before!

Is that your argument for getting rid of police?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a school, a grocery store, almost any indoor area or shootings involving multiple city blocks, people hear gunshots snd screaming, hear there is an active shooter, but unless they are right there don’t see him until he appears where they are hiding. No, they can’t see through walls or aisles or around the corner. Again, you’re n a grocery store, you hear shots fired, people are screaming and running, you pull out your gun, then a guy rounds the corner with a gun out as well. How do you know he’s the shooter?

Guns aren’t allowed in schools so I wouldn’t have my gun if I were in a school.

In the situation of a person coming around a corner with a gun I would perceive him to be a potential threat not an eminent threat. My goal isn’t to shoot everyone carrying a gun it’s to either get me and my family away to safety or to shoot anyone killing innocent people if my family is not with me. I’d point my gun at him and tell him to get away from me.

So what happens in the same situation but you don’t have a gun when the person coming around the corner with the gun is the attacker? Your dead and so is your family, that’s what happens.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guns aren’t allowed in schools so I wouldn’t have my gun if I were in a school.

In the situation of a person coming around a corner with a gun I would perceive him to be a potential threat not an eminent threat. My goal isn’t to shoot everyone carrying a gun it’s to either get me and my family away to safety or to shoot anyone killing innocent people if my family is not with me. I’d point my gun at him and tell him to get away from me.

So what happens in the same situation but you don’t have a gun when the person coming around the corner with the gun is the attacker? Your dead and so is your family, that’s what happens.
So you agree that you don’t know when the person comes around the corner with a gun, you don’t immediately know whether he’s good or bad. The mass shooter sees you with a gun, you likely won’t have time to ask him to get away from you, there will be a shootout. And the same is likely if it’s a good guy. The second he sees your gun, he is likely to shoot you first and not consider that you may be a good guy. In this case, being armed sounds like it would put an even bigger target on you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you agree that you don’t know when the person comes around the corner with a gun, you don’t immediately know whether he’s good or bad. The mass shooter sees you with a gun, you likely won’t have time to ask him to get away from you, there will be a shootout. And the same is likely if it’s a good guy. The second he sees your gun, he is likely to shoot you first and not consider that you may be a good guy. In this case, being armed sounds like it would put an even bigger target on you.

When your in a life threatening situation and you have a gun you point the gun down at a 45 degree angle ready to aim and shoot as you navigate any corner. So yeah an attacker might shoot me but I can shoot him as well. Your so focused on this one particular scenario that your ignoring all the other possibilities where having a gun is beneficial. Like for example when I’ve seen the shooter and know who and where he is. Yeah I could get shot by another good guy with a gun, or if he’s not a complete idiot he might hesitate like I would and give me the same warning to get back or drop your weapon. Either way I still stand a better chance being armed than unarmed like a sitting duck waiting to be killed.

Upvote 0