Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where are all the non-minority members who once screamed "ALL LIVES MATTER!!" whenever someone dared to talk about "Black Lives Matter" or even "Native Lives Matter"? Why aren't they speaking up now and chanting "All Lives Matter" when the flyer in the OP is about white people?

The key thing is that these are neo-Nazi recruitment flyers (for a group which almost died out a decade ago). Nazis are bad. We all know that. We don't need virtue-signalling chants to reinforce it.

For people who are actually concerned about the future of the US, there's the practical question of how you stop neo-Nazi groups from growing. Not cooperating with their recruitment strategy is a start.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol I haven't heard this...too inaccurate?

From here: "It's a complete waste of money," said Simon Easteal, an expert in human evolution with the Australian National University in Canberra.... "it tells you almost nothing about your individual ancestry," he said.

(Simon Easteal is a full professor in the Australian system, corresponding to Department Chair in the US)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From here: "It's a complete waste of money," said Simon Easteal, an expert in human evolution with the Australian National University in Canberra.... "it tells you almost nothing about your individual ancestry," he said.

(Simon Easteal is a full professor in the Australian system, corresponding to Department Chair in the US)

While it's nice to have his opinion...it would've been a better article if they actually explained why it's inaccurate.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right...many whites can, many whites don't really know...even if they think they do. Many took "americanized" names to try to fit in or assimilate here.

Regardless though, it's pretty cheap to send your DNA in to one of these testing places and find out where you're from...if you really care.

See above. Again, these DNA ancestry tests are pretty cheap from what I remember.

Why should we not forget that? Is it important to remember every little harm done in the past?
Yes, it very important to remember every big thing, that was done in the pass. Stop pretending it didn't happen. And not every black person knows they can get a DNA test to their pass. And white people should have total access to their past. Some people rather say they are white people to forget their ancestors where horrible. Stop with the excuses. People were horrible to Indians and Blacks and now they pay the price.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While it's nice to have his opinion...it would've been a better article if they actually explained why it's inaccurate.

Try this: No, Elizabeth Warren Can’t Take a DNA Test to Prove She’s Cherokee

To put it another way, the lactose tolerance gene correlates with ethnic group, but having/not having one tells you almost nothing about ancestry. Adding multiple genes doesn't tell you much more. These things are good for studying the ancestry of groups, but not individuals.
640px-Worldwide_prevalence_of_lactose_intolerance_in_recent_populations.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And the results are pretty much meaningless.

My aunt found a lost half-sister for my uncle using Ancestry DNA so they're not meaningless.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets not forget white man tried to dress Indians as white people. And dyed their hear blond. So they wouldn't know they were Indian.

Yes, the long lasting residual effects of the "Kill the Indian, Save the Man" cultural genocide that took place in the American Indian Boarding Schools (and in other Christian oriented environments) still haunts many Native Americans today. If I may suggest, google both Intergenerational Trauma and Historical Trauma in Native Americans to learn more about the long lasting residual effects of that cultural genocide. Having dealt with this on a personal level and have witnessed it in other lives, I can promise you that it is very real and it isn't something you can just "get over" and let go of.

For your convenience, I'm including a few articles on these two types of traumas.

Historical Trauma and Cultural Healing

Intergenerational Trauma In Native American Communities

Addressing Trauma in American Indian and Alaska Native Youth

Intergenerational Trauma: Understanding Natives’ Inherited Pain

Cultural Issues in Historical Trauma and Implications for Youth at Risk

The Psychological Impact of Historical Trauma On the Native American People

Historical Trauma Among Native Americans: What Social Providers Need to Know

The Impact of Historical and Intergenerational Trauma on American Indian and Alaska Native Communities

The suicide rate among Native American youth is the highest in this country.

Native Americans Facing Highest Suicide Rates

Native American Youth Suicide Rates Are At Crisis Levels

Suicide among young American Indians nearly double national rate

Suicide Rates Among Native American Adolescents Have Reached 'Crisis Level': CDC

One last word... Talking about this subject has been difficult for me. A little too close to home as they say. I won't go into any further details, so please don't ask. I just want to share this song, please listen to it. The point of sharing this song is this... it still matters what happened to Native Americans in this country and it should never ever be forgotten or ignored and dismissed. It is very real.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it very important to remember every big thing, that was done in the pass. Stop pretending it didn't happen. And not every black person knows they can get a DNA test to their pass. And white people should have total access to their past. Some people rather say they are white people to forget their ancestors where horrible. Stop with the excuses. People were horrible to Indians and Blacks and now they pay the price.

Well said.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My aunt found a lost half-sister for my uncle using Ancestry DNA so they're not meaningless.

I was referring to things like "you are 23% Eastern European" -- numbers which vary wildly depending on which company you go with.

Finding a close relative in the database is a different matter, although there you would still need other evidence to prove that they really were a relative.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it very important to remember every big thing, that was done in the pass. Stop pretending it didn't happen.

Pretending what didn't happen?

And not every black person knows they can get a DNA test to their pass. And white people should have total access to their past. Some people rather say they are white people to forget their ancestors where horrible. Stop with the excuses. People were horrible to Indians and Blacks and now they pay the price.

lol now they pay the price? What price are we paying exactly??

Yup, people were horrible to natives and blacks. Whites, blacks, and natives all did horrible things to others and each other. That's human history...something you seem to have a naive and childish understanding of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Love_your_race_original-300x394.png
『IOWA CITY (KWWL) -
A surprise delivery with a white nationalist message is what people living in one Iowa City neighborhood woke up to Wednesday.

On the driveways of at least three streets of the Wetherby Park neighborhood in Iowa City were fliers with the message "Love your Race." The fliers either claim to be a message from the National Alliance, or are advertising the group by directly naming it and linking to the group's website.』

White nationalist fliers distributed to Iowa City neighborhood

Congratulations, shillers of Identity Politics.

The fruits of your labors. White Nationalists were NOT going to sit down and take this while all other races separate themselves from everyone else. And white people who are NOT nationalists, and not actually racists, are getting increasingly closer to shrugging. I mean why not? This is the Utopia you wanted, right? Not the "content of their character", after all, but the "color of their skin", first and foremost.

So, here we are. Again, congratulations.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe I'm living in an America where people are excusing/poo pooing a White Supremecist flyer.

Blame the Progressives. They wanted Identity Politics. Whites are just deciding #MeToo

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations, shillers of Identity Politics.

The fruits of your labors. White Nationalists were NOT going to sit down and take this while all other races separate themselves from everyone else. And white people who are NOT nationalists, and not actually racists, are getting increasingly closer to shrugging. I mean why not? This is the Utopia you wanted, right? Not the "content of their character", after all, but the "color of their skin", first and foremost.

So, here we are. Again, congratulations.

My thoughts exactly...I don't know why some people thought only a few races would play this game. Meanwhile, white supremacist groups have been growing like weeds...yet half the nation sees no connection at all.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blame the Progressives. They wanted Identity Politics. Whites are just deciding #MeToo

The #MeToo hashtag was about helping to stop the the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment against women. As far as I know, the hashtag has nothing to do with race.

The Me Too official website: You Are Not Alone

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The #MeToo hashtag was about helping to stop the the widespread prevalence of sexual assault and harassment against women. As far as I know, the hashtag has nothing to do with race.

The Me Too official website: You Are Not Alone

I understand that. I'm saying that if you make everything about identity (and victimization), then everyone will lead with their identity--and everyone will seek to be a victim. I hate to see our culture come to this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yeah, those dang minorities and their identity politics. How dare they try to divide us?

no-colored-allowed-black-americana.jpg

we-serve-whites-only.JPG

no-coloreds-or-mexicans-allowed.jpg

jimcrowpic3.jpg

751px-White_sign_racial_hatred..jpg

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, those dang minorities and their identity politics. How dare they try to divide us?

no-colored-allowed-black-americana.jpg

we-serve-whites-only.JPG

no-coloreds-or-mexicans-allowed.jpg

jimcrowpic3.jpg

751px-White_sign_racial_hatred..jpg

Right, that's exactly what I meant by "identity politics" too, isn't it?

Well done.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Right, that's exactly what I meant by "identity politics" too, isn't it?

Yes, it is "identity politics." But it flies in the face of your statement, "Blame the Progressives. They wanted Identity Politics. Whites are just deciding #MeToo".

In this country, whites originated identity politics and balked when other groups decided to play along.

Upvote 0