Jul 3, 2002
✟2,318.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I just find the KJV funny here. Just imagine the phrase "And the children of Ahab went to the porta-john next to the western wall, and God's wraith was kindled against him":

1Ki 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil upon thee(!!), and will take away thy posterity(!!!), and will cut off from Ahab him that pis$eth against the wall(!!!!), and him that is shut up(!!!!!) and left in Israel,

EEP!

Peace!
-Steve-o

Ahavah

Old School
Nov 4, 2004
✟9,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Thadman said:
1Ki 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil upon thee(!!), and will take away thy posterity(!!!), and will cut off from Ahab him that pis$eth against the wall(!!!!), and him that is shut up(!!!!!) and left in Israel,

EEP!

Peace!
-Steve-o
:D ^_^ :D ^_^ HAHAahhahaahhaha....Thanks for the good laugh!!! Just me...

Upvote 0

koilias

Ancient Hassid in the making
Aug 16, 2003
Cambridge MA
Visit site
✟1,388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
^_^

...Much of the Hebrew MT does not shirk away from using "rough and ready" street vernacular. It is expressive to the utmost and "in your face". If only people had any idea how popular translations of the MT have glossed over the Hebrew with "euphamisms". Even in the Synagogue, they don't read certain words in order to keep the faithful from blushing.

Like for example, the instance when G-d strikes the Philistines with a plague of hemorrhoids. And then makes the Philistines make golden images of them!:eek:

Upvote 0