• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Loss of faith, depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prayerfully say these words: "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

You may be gritting your teeth while you say this, but say it anyway!

We have been promised --

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfullness will be your shield and rampart.

You will not fear the terror of night, not the arrow that flies at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punnishment of the wicked.

If you make the Most High your dwelling, even the LORD, who is my refuge -- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways . . .
Psalm 91

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Grengor said:
As the titles states, I think I'm losing my faith and I've never felt so bad in my life, I'm practically crying myself to sleep now. The loss of faith came after the depression.

What should I do? I might seem curt and unemotional, simply because this is extremely hard for me to do.
I will be praying for you....May God grant you peace during this time..

Upvote 0
K

Kairos

Gracious Father,
I pray for Grengor. Restore in him the desire to walk in Your presence, and let him live in the sunshine of Your love. Throughout the day Lord, put his mind at ease and speak peace to his soul through that reconciliation which is found in the Cross of Jesus, our Savior. Help him to remember that You are God and a true human being, that You have shed Your holy precious blood for him to be redeemed from sin, eternal death and from the power of the devil so that he may be Yours forever. Yes, Lord, help him to remember what You have graciously done for him, and may he find in that remembrance trust in You for all his needs. Help him to live joyfully and confidently, through Jesus Christ. Amen.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: Grengor :hug: big challanges come to us in our faith. God's love and His faithfulness won't let you down, no matter how you feel. God will help you through it. we are shaped and built up in these times. you being a young man will learn that faith some times is daily. :hug:
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,860.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Grengor said:
I woke up this morning, and I dont know how I can say this, but I no longer believe in God, I don't feel him. I've called to him......and no answer. There's not even a point to living anymore. This was the hardest thing I've done.:sigh:

Grengor, Maybe you should read the Scriptures which you are favorite in , like Gospel, Psalms or Proverbs. Our Lord never cheats us. Or can you enjoy some music of Hymnal? If it is necessary, have you thought to listen to an advice of a Psychological doctor? And come here, Many ones like to help you. Please don’t give up any way, because our heavenly Father never forsakes us if we still would like to repent and follow Him. :hug: :prayer:

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief!" (paraphrased scripture, by me)

I once heard a minister say that when you feel your lowest, that's when you are closest to God, even though it feels exactly the opposite. It's when we are at our lowest when we seek to understand Him and to seek His comfort the most.

At this point, please do not abandon God. I can empathize with your feeling that He is not there, and that doesn't feel too good at all. :hug: However, please, please, please don't run from Him. Run to Him!

Upvote 0

Ryskee182

Jan 10, 2006
✟190.00
Faith
Baptist
I can relate to how you are feeling. Just know that "God is with you and will never leave you nor forsake you". Some times in the Bible it talks about not feeling close to God, it is a test and hardship we must endure sometimes but God is with you even if you don't think so, he will restore and heal you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Grengor said:
As the titles states, I think I'm losing my faith and I've never felt so bad in my life, I'm practically crying myself to sleep now. The loss of faith came after the depression.

What should I do? I might seem curt and unemotional, simply because this is extremely hard for me to do.
It is so hard, you are right, but if you pray to God to increase your faith, He will. Just fall on Him and when you feel so weak and tired, go to Him and you will soon get back on your feet. I will pray for you. Best Wishes. Lily00:angel: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillippians 4:13

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

Victory Over Depression

Does your happiness depend on everything in your life being just right? If you think you can't be happy until all your circumstances are right, you will never be happy. We all experience times in life when we feel down for various reasons, but we can't allow our circumstances to control our emotions. Satan seeks to fill our minds with negative thoughts and emotions that cause us to feel down. He is a discourager, and he pulls us down emotionally, spiritually, financially, and in every way he can. But Jesus is our Encourager, and He came to lift us up. He came to give us righteousness, peace, and joy, and all these things cause us to feel up!

Everyone experiences times of frustration and distress over unfulfilled hopes and dreams. When things don't go according to our plans, it is normal to feel disappointment. But we must be careful how we deal with that feeling, because disappointment is the beginning stage of depression. If we remain in a state of disappointment for too long, it can turn into discouragement, despair, and finally depression. Psalm 30:5 tells us that ...Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Things may make us feel sad temporarily, but we must not stay sad. Just as we cannot afford to stay mad very long, neither can we stay sad very long. If we do, Satan takes advantage of the open door and pushes his way further into our lives, bringing more serious problems with him.

DON'T TRUST YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS

Our number-one enemy is emotions. We tend to be led by how we feel, but we must realize that feelings are fickle, they change from day to day! We should be careful not to follow every thought that comes to our mind because our thoughts and feelings don't dictate truth to us. For many years of my life, I experienced regular depression. I would awaken many mornings with a little voice in my head saying, "I feel depressed." I believed this was my own thought, not realizing that it was Satan making suggestions to me through my mind. Later, when God drew me into a closer walk with Him and I began seriously studying His Word, I learned that I didn't have to follow every feeling and thought I had. I began to speak aloud and say, "I will not be depressed." I learned to put on the garment of praise spoken of in Isaiah 61:3. We may not always feel like praising, but a victorious person does not have the luxury of living by feelings.

I've learned that staying disappointed can cause me to start feeling discouraged, which is a deeper problem than disappointment. But I've also learned that you can't be hopeful and discouraged at the same time. So as soon as the devil attacks us with disappointment and we start feeling discouraged, we need to turn to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to fill us with hope. A brief period of discouragement may not have a devastating effect, but long-term discouragement can lead to depression—a very serious problem.

RESIST THE DEVIL AND REJOICE IN THE LORD!

Depression is defined in part as "a hollow; being in a low state; a state of sadness; dejection." The real cause of depression is not where we are, but our attitude about where we find ourselves. It is possible to learn to live on the other side of your feelings. We will always have feelings, they will never go away, but we can make our feelings line up with our decisions. That's why God gives us the fruit of self-control. James 4:7 tells us to resist the devil, and we must also resist depression and anything that resembles it because it is of the devil. Philippians 4:4 says, Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice! If we stay filled with the right thing, the wrong thing has no place.

If you don't let the devil impress you with what he does, then he can't oppress you. And if he can't oppress you, then he can't depress you. So choose to be led by the Holy Spirit and you can have victory over depression. We can choose to keep a hopeful attitude by renewing our minds with the promises found in God's Word. We can claim the promises as our own and stand in faith, believing God to help us overcome our feelings and move forward into better things. We can't control all of our circumstances, but we don't have to let what happens today ruin tomorrow. We can actually turn things around by making a decision to let go of the situations that caused the disappointment and discouragement and move toward the good things God has planned for our future. Many people are depressed because they can't face truth, but the Holy Spirit came to reveal truth to us. And we can't get past depression until we quit making excuses and blaming everyone else. We must face the truth and take responsibility for our actions. When we do that and ask God to help us, the spirit of heaviness leaves us and we feel light and free. Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:30: ...My burden is light and easy to be borne. Being depressed about circumstances does not change them, and is a total waste of time and a thief of joy. So we must stop letting our feelings, mind, body, and past experiences rule us and allow God to give us a fresh plan, a new idea, a new goal! You can experience victory over your emotions by being led, guided, controlled, and ruled by the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus sent to us as our Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby to remain with us forever (see John 14:16). Thank God, we don't have to be disappointed, discouraged, despondent, depressed, or in despair. Jesus not only is the Way, but He is also the way out! Jesus is our healer, our glory, and the lifter of our heads.

Upvote 0

JamieGraham

Jan 1, 2006
California
✟553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is a point in time to break your pride and to show you humility - this is so you can fully learn to trust in God - not just say it. Give up ... Profess that you will stop interfering with his wishes - HE knows what is best for you - not you.

Give your entire self and trust to God ....
Pray to GOD to deliver you from the sin, unhappiness and doom you feel - the lonelyness is becuase you are not devoted fully - to GOD. It creates spearation from him - Tell him you want ot live a life devoted to him, to love and obey his wishes.

God Blesss you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grengor

GrenAce
May 10, 2005
Oakley, California
✟18,998.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Republican
ILoveYeshua said:
from examining your posts, i'd say pride is what is separating you most from God. God despises the proud.
Hmm...I examined my latest posts...and sorry no, no pride there. A condescending tone? Maybe. A low self esteem is actually the opposite of pride, correct? I'm really thinking this through, all the examples of my life of turning down rewards, not taking credit for achievements I worked my tush off for, etc. And I'm really not seeing pride as being a main component of my personality. Maybe short of temper and discourteous at worst, but not prideful. And I thought God loves me unconditionally? If he despises sin, does that mean he despises you to? Your words came off as quite un-christian like.

Peace in God

Upvote 0

JamieGraham

Jan 1, 2006
California
✟553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dear Grengor - I did not mean to be hurtful or brash - I appologize is it came to you tha way. I am speaking from my own personal experience....and I too was very low, low self esteem - and yes still had too much pride to totally let God manage my life. I thought I did a good job - until I saw what I had created. I gave up my pride...cried and begged for forgiveness for my sins and prayed to have God lead me, make the tough decisions for me - not me. I found that everytime I really meant it he did answer. but I was on my knees - as it seems you are.

Pray and cry to god to forgive you, to take you by your sould and lead you in the right direction and path - he will!

We all love you and do not liek to see or hear you in such pain.
I am so sorry - is there anything that has happened that has escalated these feelings..any incidents or pain you would like to share...

with warm blessing and deepest prayers to you....

Jamie

Upvote 0

stanneberg

Oct 7, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
✟7,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John the Baptist was a very strong, Godly courageous man. Isaiah prophecied about him several hundred years before He was conceived. I look at John the Baptist and see a man anointed by God, dedicated to serving God and willing to sacrifice anything to serve Him.

John the Baptist had a chrisis of faith. It didn't matter what he accomplished in his ministry, how many miracles he performed or how many signs from heaven he saw. John doubted if Jesus was really who He said He was.

Matthew 11:3 -- ". . . Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?"

What did Jesus do. He didn't pound his chest, stand on a box, get into a great debate about faith -- he didn't even reprimand him. Jesus took him back to the Bible. Jesus let The Word prove His point.

Matthew 11:4 -- "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear , the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor."

Jesus quoted from two passages of scripture: Isaiah 35:4-6 and Isaiah 61:1.

If Jesus did this for John the Baptist, don't you think He'll do this for you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.