Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I started the No S diet in August of last year. I've lost 10 pounds and I have about 40 more to go so it's not a quick way to lose but it does seem to be fairly steady. I'm pretty sure I'd lose more if I got more exercise.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I started the No S diet in August of last year. I've lost 10 pounds and I have about 40 more to go so it's not a quick way to lose but it does seem to be fairly steady. I'm pretty sure I'd lose more if I got more exercise.

what is the No S diet?

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you hate me if I said I was trying to gain weight? I have gained 15 lbs from when I was in severe depression so that's good, but it seems like I hit a roadblock again. Not saying I need to be 200 pounds and full of muscle, but I would like to get a little bigger.

I've always been on the slightly skinny side, and no matter how much I try and eat, I never seem to be able to gain pounds. Very frustrating. I think I inherited it from my Grandpa. Everyone always gives me a dirty look when I tell them I've been trying to gain weight.

Upvote 0

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Janny, the No S diet basically stands for No sweets, no snack and no seconds except on days that start with S. You can google it. The gentleman who came up with it has a whole website explaining it.

Spunkn, I'd say lucky you but it can be just as frustrating trying to gain weight. Maybe lifting weights might help. I'm not sure. It's never been a problem I've ever had. I've always either been a fairly healthy weight or over.

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I've tried weight lifting (which I still do some now), protein shakes, just trying to eat more, nothing ever seems to work. It's just frustrating to me personally. So even though I'm trying to do the opposite, I still understand some of the things people go through when they are trying to lose weight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
how is it working for you?

Well, like I said, I've lost 10 pounds in about 5 months so I am losing but it is slow. The guy on his website said that it was a slow way to lose, but it is steady. I am continuing to lose and even though holidays are considered S days, I didn't gain a single pound over the holidays. That's a pretty big deal for me.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you for posting this! I looked it up online and ordered the book.:)

Upvote 0

Butterfly

Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,220.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am just trying to be healthier in general. I don't believe in specific diets because generally I fail at them...miserably! So what I've done is cut out soda (about a year ago, actually) except on special occasions, and beginning this year, I have cut out most of the sweets in my life, replaced all my snacks with snack-sized baggies of fresh veggies or a fruit, and started to work out. I've only lost a pound or two, but I believe that losing it slowly but steadily is probably better than half-killing myself and denying myself everything I know/love. I am allowing myself ONE little chocolate a day, usually one mini york peppermint patty or one little section of chocolate, depending on the day. And I'm trying to keep it to dark chocolate. It's not been easy but it's not been that hard. Plain and simple, the bad stuff isn't around, so I don't eat it. Also avoiding eating out, since there is so many calories in so many things. When I do eat out, I do allow myself what I want. I figure that depriving myself of what I love or want is not going to help me continue doing everything else right. So quantity AND quality counts here...limited quantity, and better quality, when I do eat "bad".

I truly believe that if we eat the way we were intended to eat, and if we exercise the way we were intended to exercise, then no diet would ever be needed.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well, like I said, I've lost 10 pounds in about 5 months so I am losing but it is slow. The guy on his website said that it was a slow way to lose, but it is steady. I am continuing to lose and even though holidays are considered S days, I didn't gain a single pound over the holidays. That's a pretty big deal for me.

that sounds more realistic to me though

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Been a while since I posted here....

About 3 years go, I was on the verge of weight 400 lbs. I avoided scales most of the time, but the weight I remember seeing when I did weigh was almost 380. I was getting a bit depressed, couldn't meet anyone, etc.... I decided to make little changes at first. I stopped drinking regular soda and started riding my bicycle. I dropped about 30 lbs, but slowly put it back on. In may of that year, I met a wonderful girl that accepted me for me. We started taking walks together and helping to hold each other accountable. This morning I weighed 275 lbs. Unfortunately, that about 15 lbs more than I was last year t this time. I've been snacking more and eating bigger portions again. It's time to fix it again.

For me, I had to not look at it like a diet. I did not follow any specific plan. I tried to add a wide variety of foods instead of heavy carbs. I cooked on the grill all the time and made veggies, lean meats, and even used corn tortillas to make little crispy mini pizzas. It was a life style change. I stopped buying snacks. I was pickier on what I ate when eatin out. I went for walks/runs. It simply burned more calories than I took in.

Now that I am married with a son of my own, I have to make my lifestyle a healthy one. I want my son to see his dad making healthy choices and actually being there for him. I don't want him to go through the struggles I had with my weight and all the issues and lack of confidence that went with it.

Upvote 0

Jothman

Jun 17, 2010
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My diet where I went from 225lbs to 165lbs in 5 months was (tips if people are wondering):

-Eating less, that's the biggest thing. No matter what diet you do, you must eat less quantity of food per day. No question around that.
-I ate lots of fruits and vegetables. One huge thing people dont realize is that when you stop eating sugary or carb dense or heavy fatty foods in favor of fruits and veggies, your daily consumed calories goes way down. A cup of fruit or veggies varies, but can be as little as
-I ate nonfat greek yogurt with berries and olive oil every mourning. Usually a cup of yogurt with half a cup to a cup of blueberries or blackberries or strawberries and a tablespoon of drizzled extra virgin olive oil. Low calorie-ish for it's quantity and balanced.
-Healthy snacks. Handful of almonds, fruit and nut bar, 1 nugget sized piece of dark chocolate(very healthy in small quantities), cup of fruit, or similar.
-Smaller portions at dinner. No seconds on any non green or water heavy fruit/veggie, and half the normal serving of meat you usually eat (or meat portioned to only a 1/4 of the plate's room). And no to little gravy/sauce(unless it's something healthy like tomato sauce)

That's all I can remember right now.

And I didn't even do any exerciese beyond 30mins of weights 1 day per week and walking for 30mins per day 5 days a week. Losing weight is 95% about diet, not exercise.

Upvote 0
H

HalupkiMonster

I have had tremendous success losing weight. I started last summer at 302 lbs. and I'm now at ~260 lbs. When it gets warmer, I'll start working out again. I wake up every morning before the sun comes up and I walk (not sure how far.) I then do either Tae-Bo or I go for a 3 mile run on the treadmill.

I have the weight to lose, so I don't have trouble losing. I just have to keep trying. I won't be 18 forever, so I need to take advantage of my metabolism while I have it!

Upvote 0