It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I'm obsessed!! I love them!!! But there are apparently other ones written by JRR Tolkien or his son. I was wondering if any one read any of them before. I've heard of 'Saruon Defeated' as one book... any one else as obsessed as I? lol

Lizzi <><

Didaskomenos

Voiced Bilabial Spirant
Feb 11, 2002
GA
Visit site
✟18,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
No! People can't add more books based on Tolkien's Middle-Earth!

Ok, so maybe they can. But they shouldn't! It's - it's - well, it's sorta like adding to Tolkien's work!

Besides, I'm sure they don't feature Orlando Bloom as Legolas. In fact, I'm pretty sure I heard they got some other stand-in actor for their book covers.

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,778,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read The Hobbit back in high school and loved it. I just started reading the "trilogy" about a week ago. It's pretty good. I want to read the book before I see the movie. The book is a little too descriptive and detailed than I prefer. But it sure is exciting. Just wish I could cut out the description on the layout of the maps and scenery.

Upvote 0

toad_ster

Jun 28, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
JRR TOlkien was a Christian you know. and a good friend of CS Lewis. Several months ago I went to a CS Lewis conference with my mom (she enjoys his work). And the topic of the conference was the Response to Evil. One of the guys there talked about The Lord of the Rings, and took Biblical principals out of there. Like how the ring represents sin, adn what not. There were 10 things he gave, but since I never read the book I was unable to appreciate the talk as much as everyone else there. who knew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums