✟290,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And would love some advice.

I have a pretty old HP which is making a funny noise so I'm afraid it's on it's last legs.

It has windows 7 on it and I'm afraid to get a new one with the 10 but I guess I'll have to.

I don't want a Chromebook, I'd rather store my info myself.

I don't do gaming so have no need for a lt that is mainly for that. Right now I have a 15" monitor on mine and don't want anything smaller. I wouldn't mind going 15-17 as long as the weight isn't high.

I do a lot of writing so fully functioning word is a must and storage for it. I have a lot of pictures too so would need space for that.

I like to multi task so like to be able to run various programs at the same time. I use a wireless mouse and that won't be changing I don't like any touch pad. Oh and I don't want a touch screen either, from all I've read they are problematic.

Other than that I'm flexible I think.

Here's a couple I've been looking at

2018 Lenovo ideapad 320 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core Processor up to 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD-RW, WIFI, Bluetooth, Webcam

It's gotten mixed reviews on there so not sure.

Then there's this one, I had a Dell long ago but it was a desktop.

Dell i5767-5889GRY Inspiron Pro, 17.3" HD+ Laptop (Core i5-7200U, 8GB DDR4, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 Pro), Gray

I''m basically very confused and don't want a lemon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you backed up all your personal pictures, documents and files yet? For example, to an external USB HDD/SSD. It's a bad sign when a computer starts making funny noises. Your old computer's drive could fail at any moment. If indeed it is the Hard Drive making the noise, when it dies you could loose everything. I would backup soon as possible, if you haven't already done so. Just a reminder.

Upvote 0

StarTemple

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And would love some advice.

I have a pretty old HP which is making a funny noise so I'm afraid it's on it's last legs.

It has windows 7 on it and I'm afraid to get a new one with the 10 but I guess I'll have to.

I don't want a Chromebook, I'd rather store my info myself.

I don't do gaming so have no need for a lt that is mainly for that. Right now I have a 15" monitor on mine and don't want anything smaller. I wouldn't mind going 15-17 as long as the weight isn't high.

I do a lot of writing so fully functioning word is a must and storage for it. I have a lot of pictures too so would need space for that.

I like to multi task so like to be able to run various programs at the same time. I use a wireless mouse and that won't be changing I don't like any touch pad. Oh and I don't want a touch screen either, from all I've read they are problematic.

Other than that I'm flexible I think.

Here's a couple I've been looking at

2018 Lenovo ideapad 320 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core Processor up to 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD-RW, WIFI, Bluetooth, Webcam

It's gotten mixed reviews on there so not sure.

Then there's this one, I had a Dell long ago but it was a desktop.

Dell i5767-5889GRY Inspiron Pro, 17.3" HD+ Laptop (Core i5-7200U, 8GB DDR4, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 Pro), Gray

I''m basically very confused and don't want a lemon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Get 2 top power gaming refurbs from Amazon or wherever; some still have Win7. 1/4 the new price, get 2.

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0