Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been a christian for some decades now. Came here to look for some referencing to some things I'm looking into. One is regarding the book of Revelation. I've always had a bit of the position that we can never cearly know what it is about until that time has arived, kinda like the Ethiopian didn't have a clue what Isaiah,was talking about, but when Philip explained about Jesus it all fell in place.
But a friend of me challenged me regarding post tribulation rapture so I just started putting different texts next to each other and from that a quite clear timeline came forward. Who would like to have a critical look at this with me?

EDIT: uploaded a slightly adjusted version of the PDF, some format and grammar errors and some small additions...

Attachments

• Chronology of the Book of Revelation.pdf
    285.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been a christian for some decades now. Came here to look for some referencing to some things I'm looking into. One is regarding the book of Revelations. I've always had a bit of the position that we can never cearly know what it is about until that time has arived, kinda like the Ethiopian didn't have a clue what Isaiah,was talking about, but when Philip explained about Jesus it all fell in place.
But a friend of me challenged me regarding post tribulation rapture so I just started putting different texts next to each other and from that a quite clear timeline came forward. Who would like to have a critical look at this with me?

Where would you like to begin?

Reactions: Deade and AdB
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been a christian for some decades now. Came here to look for some referencing to some things I'm looking into. One is regarding the book of Revelations. I've always had a bit of the position that we can never cearly know what it is about until that time has arived, kinda like the Ethiopian didn't have a clue what Isaiah,was talking about, but when Philip explained about Jesus it all fell in place.
Welcome! Exploring Revelation can be both frustrating and rewarding. There are four views, Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post- Trib and A- millennial. I am in the last group, comming out of the first group. I am relived to finally know truth. Happy Seeking!

Reactions: Deade and AdB
Upvote 0

AdB

Heb 11:1
Jul 28, 2021
Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Exploring Revelation can be both frustrating and rewarding. There are four views, Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post- Trib and A- millennial. I am in the last group, comming out of the first group. I am relived to finally know truth. Happy Seeking!
Hi Maria
You may want to read the pdf I uploaded, you might consider me a mid trib, although not like the exact middle of the 7 years. Can you indicate what A-Millennial would be?

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been a christian for some decades now. Came here to look for some referencing to some things I'm looking into. One is regarding the book of Revelation. I've always had a bit of the position that we can never cearly know what it is about until that time has arived, kinda like the Ethiopian didn't have a clue what Isaiah,was talking about, but when Philip explained about Jesus it all fell in place.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but we can continue this later. Until then, I'd like to point out something you wrote and ask you a question about it. It's this:

...during which the believers will have to flee to save their lives.

The question I have for you is, if the Revelation describes a global catastrophe afflicting the entire Earth, where are those people supposed to flee to? But if we read here:

Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Those who were in Judea were to flee to the mountains. So the catastrophe is occurring in Judea, but not in the surrounding mountains. That rules out the possibility of the Revelation describing a global event.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AdB

Jul 28, 2021
Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a lot of time right now, but we can continue this later. Until then, I'd like to point out something you wrote and ask you a question about it. It's this:

The question I have for you is, if the Revelation describes a global catastrophe afflicting the entire Earth, where are those people supposed to flee to? But if we read here:

Those who were in Judea were to flee to the mountains. So the catastrophe is occurring in Judea, but not in the surrounding mountains. That rules out the possibility of the Revelation describing a global event.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

AdB

Jul 28, 2021
Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This would be regarding the period of the great tribulation where the anti christ would have (almost) unlimited power, but this is not yet the global outpouring of God's wrath

• Friendly
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Through the Tribulation With Christ

Many Christians believe that the righteous will all be raptured out of the world just before the time of trouble and that the wicked will be left behind to endure seven years of tribulation. Because it sounds appealing, this doctrine has gained widespread acceptance. But the fact remains that the Bible clearly teaches otherwise.

Here are but a few of the many Scriptures which teach that God's end-time people will go through the tribulation:

The Bible describes the 144,000 as "they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:14.

In His great prophetic discourse on the mount of Olives, Jesus made the following statement immediately after mentioning the tribulation: "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Matthew 24:22. If the elect were not in the world during the great tribulation, they would not need the days to be shortened!

All throughout Scripture we see examples of the Lord saving His people through tribulation, not from it.

Noah was not saved from the Flood, but through it.

Daniel was not saved from the lions' den, but through it.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were not saved from the fiery furnace, but through it. In fact, Jesus went through it with them, and He will go through the great tribulation with us as well!

The children of Israel were not saved from Egypt before the plagues fell, but afterward. God demonstrated His love and power by preserving them in Egypt through the ten plagues. In the same way, the righteous will be in the world when the seven last plagues fall (Revelation 16), but God will preserve them.

God never promises that our lives will always be easy. Christ prayed to His Father for His disciples, "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [one]." John 17:15. Likewise, in 2 Timothy 3:12 Paul states, "All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Paul also told a group of disciples that "We must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22.

Although God does not always provide an escape from tribulation, He does promise to give us the power and strength to get through it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

ALL will go through the great tribulation ... it will be cut short for the elects sake .... then Jesus will return.

Note: The book of revelation is not in chronological order.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This would be regarding the period of the great tribulation where the anti christ would have (almost) unlimited power, but this is not yet the global outpouring of God's wrath

So based on your understanding, when does one end and the other begin?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maria
You may want to read the pdf I uploaded, you might consider me a mid trib, although not like the exact middle of the 7 years. Can you indicate what A-Millennial would be?
This video may help

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AdB

Jul 28, 2021
Leusden
✟71,650.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Through the Tribulation With Christ

Many Christians believe that the righteous will all be raptured out of the world just before the time of trouble and that the wicked will be left behind to endure seven years of tribulation. Because it sounds appealing, this doctrine has gained widespread acceptance. But the fact remains that the Bible clearly teaches otherwise.

Here are but a few of the many Scriptures which teach that God's end-time people will go through the tribulation:

The Bible describes the 144,000 as "they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:14.

In His great prophetic discourse on the mount of Olives, Jesus made the following statement immediately after mentioning the tribulation: "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." Matthew 24:22. If the elect were not in the world during the great tribulation, they would not need the days to be shortened!

All throughout Scripture we see examples of the Lord saving His people through tribulation, not from it.

Noah was not saved from the Flood, but through it.

Daniel was not saved from the lions' den, but through it.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were not saved from the fiery furnace, but through it. In fact, Jesus went through it with them, and He will go through the great tribulation with us as well!

The children of Israel were not saved from Egypt before the plagues fell, but afterward. God demonstrated His love and power by preserving them in Egypt through the ten plagues. In the same way, the righteous will be in the world when the seven last plagues fall (Revelation 16), but God will preserve them.

God never promises that our lives will always be easy. Christ prayed to His Father for His disciples, "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil [one]." John 17:15. Likewise, in 2 Timothy 3:12 Paul states, "All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." Paul also told a group of disciples that "We must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22.

Although God does not always provide an escape from tribulation, He does promise to give us the power and strength to get through it. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

ALL will go through the great tribulation ... it will be cut short for the elects sake .... then Jesus will return.

Note: The book of revelation is not in chronological order.
Have you even read my pdf, seems like you're trying to convince me of something I (though not fully) agree with...

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Rev 20:1-6 is happening now?
Only watched the first part of the video, will be watching it fully a bit later... If the answer is in the video you may ignore this question
Yes. And it's in the video.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you even read my pdf, seems like you're trying to convince me of something I (though not fully) agree with...

Historical view point attached

Attachments

• 2300-days-chart.pdf
    37.6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0