midwest
✟8,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
does anyone know of good areas or communities in the united states. i live in the midwest and there are a lot of great people in the area i live but there are just so many more lost people i don't think it is a decent area to raise a family. any suggestion or direction is appreciated.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does anyone know of good areas or communities in the united states. i live in the midwest and there are a lot of great people in the area i live but there are just so many more lost people i don't think it is a decent area to raise a family. any suggestion or direction is appreciated.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Got some specifics?
tulc(lives in Chciago and loves it!) :wave:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
By "lost" I'm assuming you mean not saved. But even if I'm right about that, I think we need a little more information from you, including what other demands you'd have on any new community and whether there are any limitations on where you'd be able and willing to move to.

Upvote 0

leyden

May 13, 2017
midwest
✟8,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
huh, ok. Don't you think you can find either one of those in pretty much every city in the world? :scratch:
tulc(is just wondering)
yeah a community inside a city. i personally view the entire city as the community though, being that it is directly affected and connected to the rest of the city so closely. i think you may be able to tell you are from a city and i am not. lol

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would be interested to know about a general area you are in now.
It seems to me the morals are going downhill all over this country. As far as where to raise children, if I could do it over again, none of mine would have attended public school.
You can do a search on any city in the U.S. and get crime data, but my choice would be a smaller town to raise children in, then home school or christian school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ron, my thought was that it would be really difficult to pinpoint the perfect community out of the whole of the United States, based only upon faith and low crime rate. However, my impulse was to think that somewhere in the South would be the most likely.

Upvote 0

leyden

May 13, 2017
midwest
✟8,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me the morals are going downhill all over this country. As far as where to raise children, if I could do it over again, none of mine would have attended public school.
You can do a search on any city in the U.S. and get crime data, but my choice would be a smaller town to raise children in, then home school or christian school.
i am in northwest ohio i live outside a small city. a smaller town is all i can imagine having the characteristics i am seeking, or a good rural area. thanks for the input

Upvote 0

leyden

May 13, 2017
midwest
✟8,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ron, my thought was that it would be really difficult to pinpoint the perfect community out of the whole of the United States, based only upon faith and low crime rate. However, my impulse was to think that somewhere in the South would be the most likely.
i am not looking for a perfect community, just looking for a really good one or good ones people know of to raise christian children. thanks for the input

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
i am in northwest ohio i live outside a small city. a smaller town is all i can imagine having the characteristics i am seeking, or a good rural area. thanks for the input
It doesn't do you any good for me to say it, but I suspect that a lot of people would think you're in the sort of place right now that you are describing.

Reactions: leyden
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The good place is not Utopia, but an inner spirit and good management where one is and with what one has. If one has a fairly good job, that is worth hanging on to. One can come to the Lord, trust Him, and obey His counsel, and can home-school children in most communities.

One can find Christian people who love the Lord, fellowship with them ---even have Bible study and worship at home (to avoid any worldly professing Christian sects), perhaps with a few friends who value Bible-only as their source ---I know of a couple of assemblies in Ohio that put the Bible first. Let the world do what it will (for one cannot really do anything else about it).

I agree that small communities ---ones that are probably no more than 10 to 20,000 might be more free of crime??? Living close to the Lord where one is can work well, for God takes good care of those who love Him and value His ways. Just some thoughts to consider.

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
You could always come to the South. You trip and there's a church. People don't call it the Bible belt for nothing. I've been to at least 15 different churches.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Even small towns can have problems, although it would be the best bet. Our society is mobile and the problems get around to everywhere. But a lot of societal glue is still in place in small towns. Lake Wobegon is real, just under a myriad of other names.

I live in a small town that is now suburban. We have problems but still some of the ethos that worked so well in the past. Problems aplenty, needing bomb smelling dogs at the public high school and all that craziness. But we raised our children well here, and being suburban now we were able to benefit from more of the metropolitan resources. Like a top-notch Catholic high school that actually taught the faith.

If I were doing it all again I would go farther from urbanity though. New Ulm MN might be my pick. They have a strong Lutheran and Catholic German heritage that seems more or less intact. But I wouldn't expect actual perfection anywhere.

Upvote 0

leyden

May 13, 2017
midwest
✟8,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't do you any good for me to say it, but I suspect that a lot of people would think you're in the sort of place right now that you are describing.
yeah, it's not a bad area and there are a lot worse. i'm just looking at what all good places are out there. the best place you can find just better's your odd's for less problems and giving your children a better environment to grow up in.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
yeah, it's not a bad area and there are a lot worse. i'm just looking at what all good places are out there. the best place you can find just better's your odd's for less problems and giving your children a better environment to grow up in.
Yep, that's true. Unfortunately, I know of a lot of places that seem so traditional, slow going, and family-oriented at a glance...and then you find that there are no gangs but there are locals who think outsiders don't belong or there's a big drug problem because the younger residents are bored and the law is stretched thin. As chevyontheriver said, though, northern MN (or Wisconsin or Michigan) might be worth a look.

Upvote 0