✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

My names Jordan, a single 24 year old young man and I'm looking for friends to connect with. I live in Australia, specifically Gold Coast, Queensland, and would like to connect with some fellow Christians, and worship and study God's word. I find that a lot of the churches today are asleep and are more based around business instead of true fellowship with God. I'm also open to any advice concerning this matter.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, may our beloved heavenly father bless you all

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hear, hear.

Christianity in Australia is very bleak. The whole business thing is because churches are tax exempt, so many charities become false religions, para churches, etc... I would posit that 99 out of 100 churches in Sydney are false, teaching false doctrines, teaching for profit, etc.

It's also historical since the Australian government paid ministers to come here form the UK during colonisation and federalism to maintain 'morality', which has worked, but it's all political, not necessarily about love of God. Hence, many say 'I go to ABC church', but know nothing about God himself. See Dr. Stephen Chavura.

How do you "worship and study God's word" ?

Blessings :)

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

My names Jordan, a single 24 year old young man and I'm looking for friends to connect with. I live in Australia, specifically Gold Coast, Queensland, and would like to connect with some fellow Christians, and worship and study God's word. I find that a lot of the churches today are asleep and are more based around business instead of true fellowship with God. I'm also open to any advice concerning this matter.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, may our beloved heavenly father bless you all

Hi Jordan, also from Australia, live in Albany, Western Australia good to meet you here. The world is an odd place that we meet via America but nevertheless good to hear from a fellow Christian in Australia.

i do go to a Church down here but find that the internet offers more meat than i find at Church when it comes to the preaching of the word. True fellowship is important as well though, the internet is a lot more limited when it comes to that.

i find a lot of good biblical sermons here; on CCV (Christ's Church of the Valley). This 10 part series is awesome.
A Dynamic Force

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hear, hear.

Christianity in Australia is very bleak. The whole business thing is because churches are tax exempt, so many charities become false religions, para churches, etc... I would posit that 99 out of 100 churches in Sydney are false, teaching false doctrines, teaching for profit, etc.

It's also historical since the Australian government paid ministers to come here form the UK during colonisation and federalism to maintain 'morality', which has worked, but it's all political, not necessarily about love of God. Hence, many say 'I go to ABC church', but know nothing about God himself. See Dr. Stephen Chavura.

How do you "worship and study God's word" ?

I worship God's through singing and praising His name, I have a bunch of songs that I like to listen to and sing before I get into the word of God every night. I study God's word simply by asking Him every time I read to grant me understanding. I open my time with God with prayer, and end with prayer also. Takes about an hour or so minimum depending on the book of the bible I'm reading. And that is my night routine in a nutshell.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Jordan, also from Australia, live in Albany, Western Australia good to meet you here. The world is an odd place that we meet via America but nevertheless good to hear from a fellow Christian in Australia.

i do go to a Church down here but find that the internet offers more meat than i find at Church when it comes to the preaching of the word. True fellowship is important as well though, the internet is a lot more limited when it comes to that.

i find a lot of good biblical sermons here; on CCV (Christ's Church of the Valley). This 10 part series is awesome.
A Dynamic Force
Nice to meet you too, may God bless your walk with Him my friend.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I worship God's through singing and praising His name, I have a bunch of songs that I like to listen to and sing before I get into the word of God every night. I study God's word simply by asking Him every time I read to grant me understanding. I open my time with God with prayer, and end with prayer also. Takes about an hour or so minimum depending on the book of the bible I'm reading. And that is my night routine in a nutshell.

Sounds liturgical (neutral). What kind of song or music is it ? And how did you arrive at this point ? Is there a reason for the 'night routine', as opposed to day and night, or a continuation throughout the week ?

I have friends like that, who also sit on 'prayer chairs' (baby chairs). It's very weird IMO. In church history, Luther and many catholic monks did and still do rituals like this. Luther famously crawled up a special case of stairs, and of course much of Protestant liturgy and patterns of worship are heavily influenced from the RCC and people like Luther...

I just heard a sermon about this, about liturgy and the structure of the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6, collective pronouns "our Father", forgive us our sins, and about the familiarity and uniformity for believers (true believers) around the world. It's quite amazing if you think about it, that millions are simultaneously praying the Lord's prayer in every language, and the Lord hears this. Just imagine that as a picture of the Earth, resonating this prayer, chiming through the universe... This is the picture painted in Scripture of paradise and the new creation. How great is our God. -- Anyway, I thought I'd plant that idea as food for thought, about what is good and Scriptural 'liturgy' and how believers should worship.

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds liturgical (neutral). What kind of song or music is it ? And how did you arrive at this point ? Is there a reason for the 'night routine', as opposed to day and night, or a continuation throughout the week ?

I have friends like that, who also sit on 'prayer chairs' (baby chairs). It's very weird IMO. In church history, Luther and many catholic monks did and still do rituals like this. Luther famously crawled up a special case of stairs, and of course much of Protestant liturgy and patterns of worship are heavily influenced from the RCC and people like Luther...

I just heard a sermon about this, about liturgy and the structure of the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6, collective pronouns "our Father", forgive us our sins, and about the familiarity and uniformity for believers (true believers) around the world. It's quite amazing if you think about it, that millions are simultaneously praying the Lord's prayer in every language, and the Lord hears this. Just imagine that as a picture of the Earth, resonating this prayer, chiming through the universe... This is the picture painted in Scripture of paradise and the new creation. How great is our God. -- Anyway, I thought I'd plant that idea as food for thought, about what is good and Scriptural 'liturgy' and how believers should worship.

I actually have 2 times of the day I dedicate to God, Morning and night, I like to begin and end my day with God, as well as think and meditate on what I learn. And most of the songs I listen to are praise and worship songs. I really enjoy spending time with the Lord

Upvote 0

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I actually have 2 times of the day I dedicate to God, Morning and night, I like to begin and end my day with God, as well as think and meditate on what I learn. And most of the songs I listen to are praise and worship songs. I really enjoy spending time with the Lord

Good to hear. Are you aware that's the pattern in Genesis ? Also are you aware of milk and honey ?

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually i did Notice that, and by milk and honey do you mean from the land promised to Abraham's descendants, the children of Israel? And the churches here have no fire in them, its mostly prosperity preaching and gaining money. Ive been to a few of them and they are all the same, not preparing for the times to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, sort of...

"He giveth his beloved sleep." (Ps. 127:2)

Liturgy, patterns of worship, timing, calendars, etc are interesting and important since our lives are physically governed by the creation ordinance, orbital patterns, time fluctuations, etc (nature vs man-made times and calendars), and our sense of time, sleepiness and wakefulness, circadian rhythm, depends on bodily chemicals reactions: Scientists call it the dance of serotonin and melatonin, which is directly affected by light and dark (per creation in Genesis - 6 mornings 6 evenings), also by foods like 'milk and honey' (per symbolism of the God's promised land - A throwback to the perfection in Eden).

Quote: "Human beings produce melatonin while they sleep, a hormone created by the body as a result of serotonin breakdown. Light inhibits its production in the pineal gland, which only becomes active in the dark. Hence, melatonin also controls the 24-hour day-night cycle. The hormone can be administered as medication and is often used for shift work or to fight the symptoms of jet lag." (ATI suffix, https://www.atisuffix.net/copia-di-beyond-babel)

References:

Last edited:
Upvote 0