Account no longer in use
Jul 11, 2008
✟10,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is mentioned in Acts, chapter 15:

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."

6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

I guess that was the first (and certainly not the last) time that matter was discussed.

Upvote 0
Dec 27, 2008
✟7,651.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Several places in scripture talk about the overflow of the heart.

Matthew 12:35-37...

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your heart that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead... you will be saved.

But out of the mouth is not limited to words - It is actions as well. Hebrews Chapter 11 lists the famous "Hall of Faith."

Notice how because they BELIEVED - they acted.

Matthew 25 - When I was hungry, you gave me something to drink? etc.

In conclusion, you only have two reasons to give:

1) You're actually doing it for yourself - somehow - for some selfish or evil reason.
2) You're acting out of "Faith" and "Obedience."

You see... We're saved by Faith alone. But true faith in Christ will cause us to do things (work.) This work is like fruit on a tree - it proves that our faith is real. That's why the Bible says in one spot we're not saved by works, and in another spot, faith without works is dead. We're saved only by faith, but true authentic faith will produce works, proving it to not be dead faith.

Anyway... so I rambled a bit... but just remember...

Repentance & Faith toward God lead to salvation...

Phillippians 2:13 "For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him."

Patrick

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you've decided what your conclusion is and now you're looking for biblical quotes to support it? Why don't you clear out your preconceived ideas, spend lots of time studying the bible and then form your conclusions on what it says?
:thumbsup:

Because a faith without works is dead.

Like with any other aspect of life there is balance to be found here.. It is true that you can't earn your way into heaven, but at the same time a "love" without expression is selfishness.

It's not what we do that is important, it's why we do it. If we do any righteous act for any reason other than an out expression of an inward love for God, then whatever we do, counts toward our own brand of righteousness.. Approaching God with Any type of Self righteousness will never be worthy of a relationship with Him let alone salvation.

But if we labor diligently not because we have to but because we love God with all of our hearts, Mind, Strength, and spirit, then what we accomplish gets credited to the Glory of God, and when we work in God's glory it fortifies any relationship we may have with him.

Do you want complete passages that out line this principle?

Upvote 0

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I'm writing an article. I have been using alot from James chapter 2, but I am trying to find some quotes that show Good deeds without faith is worthless and good deeds alone will not get you to heaven.

Anyone?

Greetings and may God bless all who read. JamesJeffery, here is some scripture pertaining to what you have asked. It is written in Romans 3:19-31. :amen:

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm writing an article. I have been using alot from James chapter 2, but I am trying to find some quotes that show Good deeds without faith is worthless and good deeds alone will not get you to heaven.

Anyone?

Everything you need to live a life dedicated to GOD is located in the Bible. You should read and reread the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then IT'S locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

" Ephesians 2:

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

9not by works, so that no one can boast.

10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. "

Keep up the GOOD walk to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

JESUS IS RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!

( left click and hold over the above to see your personal message )

Upvote 0