Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The journey of faith is the same for us all.

If you seek His word above all else you wont be seeking second hand inspiration.

Sounds like you need to be in fellowship

Prophesy is not an individual sport in the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Authority states with utmost firmness that laity have no gifts, no ministry and no calling. Personal struggles is IMO no time & a completely wrong reason to turn clergy: you will quite likely compound them for yourself and others, endlessly.

I hear this tale endlessly from seminarians & the newly ordained: turning clergy was the way God made them christian, the way God sorted them out, the only way their guilt at being useless (because laity) could be relieved.

They will have superficially calmed down after seven years' fairly diluted Scripture study and prayers. Which we should help each other do anyway and everywhere. God really doesn't leave people to stew for hesitating to take an abstruse step. It is perhaps some of the things that came before it that they needed. Because authority has sucked life out of the church generally, it is only to be found (in some form) in seminary.

You are probably a junior level co-prophet (and a co-something else as well) already (in potential but you need to put your basis right). Prophecy is rarely about individuals: it is especially about seeing how we can collectively apply Holy Scripture in the here and now. We will waste our potential and that of our peers if we don't see the real way of applying Scriptures - as opposed to the way authority with utmost firmness tells us.

Christ is priest, and lay men, women and children are priests. This is the only real priesthood. At times, God permitted add-ons to be more effective than "made sense", and this is not one of those times as far as I can observe.

Thus we are more of the co-prophets you are looking for and these are the answers you were looking for (I suggest). Lay men, women and children have gifts, ministries and callings, completely unlike authority states with its utmost firmness.

If some unusually insightful people come up with something that while confirming this, at the same time shows you an extra calling, I hope you will see it but it is surely unlikely there will be much hurry. I personally very strongly get the impression (and it is likely I am wrong on this) this is no longer a time for add-ons. We have to look as widely as we can for our livelihood and our housing and not narrow our options.

A step yes - but not an abstruse one - and not all at once.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am looking for an actual ptophet. Reason being: I myself for one have had contact with the father and would like to know if this is also my calling;I am facing personal struggles and would like to know his plans for me or what I am to do/supposed to do.

Are you on Facebook at all? If you are, check out Personal Prophecy Group run by Bjarki Clausen. I have never had an inaccurate word.from him or his ministry team

• Informative
Reactions: George242g
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
George242g, hope you are able to receive a prophetic word. from one of God's prophets. (I Cor 12:28),

Welcome to CF also.

What is to be done with a prophetic word?. "'Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (I Thess 5:20-21). So what prophets say is to be tested.

Some additional steps are needed to prove all things such as:
-checking it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-asking The Holy Spirit and hearing His voice for ourselves, confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting,
-spiritual discernment,
-does it point to Yeshua,
-receiving G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Then when it has been proven. "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before concerning thee, that thou by them mightest wage a good warfare," I Tm 1:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no prophets anymore that can report the future in a way nobody knows as in the Old Testament. The gift of prophecy is to expound on the word.

I predicted the catastrophic war in what was the Czech Republic six months before it broke out on the basis of a vision I was given.

Read my testimony thread here if you think the gifts have ceased...

Jesus's Ministry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 14:10 And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him

Is that still applicable?

Similar to the reference to God hating the prophets that steal one another's words.

Sadly there is much word stealing going on in this age.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Similar to the reference to God hating the prophets that steal one another's words.

Sadly there is much word stealing going on in this age.

Yeah, word stealers, just as the theif cometh not but for to steal

Satan come not but for to steal the word sown in the heart so would his ministers

Jerm 23:30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

Like father like sons

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for an actual ptophet. Reason being: I myself for one have had contact with the father and would like to know if this is also my calling;I am facing personal struggles and would like to know his plans for me or what I am to do/supposed to do.

Having contact with God, and being call as a prophet could be non related.
Its not for me to discourage you, but their are other gifts and callings.
I will not say but a event occurs when you are called as a prophet.
It is a profound encounter, that forever changes your life.
You will know when called.
with that Prophets do not continue daily in giving words of what is coming.
Prophets only speak when called to speak, they only speak the will of God.
Their words are sound in Gods Word, it is of no private interpretation.
The other Gift of the Spirit i would call prophecy is when the Holy Spirit gives you a knowlage of seeing and knowing.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If you want to know the will of God, read the Bible.
If you want to do the will of God, do the Bible.

It is about as simple as that.

If you search for a prophet, you might end up with a loss!

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to know the will of God, read the Bible.
If you want to do the will of God, do the Bible.

It is about as simple as that.

If you search for a prophet, you might end up with a loss!

Are you suggesting guidance can't occur outside of reading scripture?

Really...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting guidance can't occur outside of reading scripture?

Really...
I didn't say that.
But running around for a prophet to give him a kind of horoscope reading doesn't replace seeking the inner voice of the Holy Spirit through prayer and seeking God through the Scriptures. Why go after seeking a prophecy from a man when he has the indwelling Holy Spirit to give him what he needs? Is the prophet he is seeking more important than the Holy Spirit?

I do believe that the Holy Spirit speaks extra-Biblically, but will not speak non-Biblically. God has not stopped speaking to us after the last Apostle died. Even though the Holy Spirit will not use the words of Scripture to speak to us, He will always speak in harmony with the spirit of Scripture.

For instance, He might say, "You have two choices in what you are planning, and I will be with you whichever choice you make". That is not direct Scripture but it is in harmony with it.

But a word like, "Leave your church and join the JWs because your future is with them" would not be the Holy Spirit because He would not instruct someone to leave a godly church to join a cult.

In order to distinguish between which is a true extra-Biblical prophecy and a non-Biblical one, a person must be a person of pray and of the Word. He must know the plans and purposes of God contained in the Scriptures to be able to have the discernment necessary to distinguish between the true and the false.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prophets are sent by God, to speak Gods words to a group, or a individual.
If you try to find vindication by conformation from a prophet, you may be looking for a Spirit of Python in a sooth sayers tent.
Prophets are vessels that are called to speak of things in the past, present, and future.
It is one of the most misunderstood gifts that God has intrusted man to do.

Upvote 0