The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I like Local Bible Publishers KJV bibles. The leather is absolutely beautiful. The one I bought was a note-takers bible, which is a little larger than I had expected, but it has lovely print and lots of note space. Again, the leather is so lovely on those bibles, and their prices are surprisingly reasonable for a leather bible, but then again it might not be the type you are looking for. I'm not sure what study bibles they provide.

I also have a Henry Morris study bible and a Ryrie study bible, though not sure if those are your types either. My favorite reference bible is the Thompson Chain reference study bible, since it is so extensive and full of so many comparison verse references and even history. They can be expensive though; I got mine used for a slightly cheaper cost, though the pages are thinner than I would have liked, but I suppose that is to be expected with such an extensive reference type of bible. ^_^

I hope you find one to your liking! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#Prophecy

This study will say:
Yahuah instead of lord
Elohim instead of god
Ěliyahu instead of Elijah/Elias
Mosheh instead of Moses
Yahusha Mashyach instead of Jesus Christ
Kĕpha instead of Peter
Ya’aqob instead of Jacob
Yitsḥaq instead of Isaac
Yahuchanon instead of John
Yehudah instead of Judah
Yosĕph instead of Joseph
Son of Adam instead of Son of Man

Matthew 16:28-17:13
16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death at all until they see the Son of Aḏam coming in His reign.
17:1 And after six days Yahusha took Kĕpha, and Ya‛aqoḇ, and Yahuchanon his brother, and brought them up on a high mountain by themselves,
2 and He was transformed before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as the light.
3 And see, Mosheh and Ěliyahu appeared to them, talking with Him.
4 And Kĕpha answering, said to Yahusha, “Master, it is good for us to be here. If You wish, let us make here three booths: one for You, one for Mosheh, and one for Ěliyahu.”
5 While he was still speaking, see, a bright cloud overshadowed them. And see, a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, the Beloved, in whom I did delight. Hear Him!”
6 And when the taught ones heard, they fell on their faces and were much afraid.
7 But Yahusha came near and touched them and said, “Rise, and do not be afraid.”
8 And having lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Yahusha only.
9 And as they were coming down from the mountain, Yahusha commanded them, saying, “Do not mention the vision to anyone until the Son of Aḏam is raised from the dead.”
10 And His taught ones asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Ěliyahu has to come first?”
11 And Yahusha answering, said to them, “Ěliyahu is indeed coming first, and shall restore all matters.
12 “But I say to you that Ěliyahu has already come, and they did not recognise him but did to him whatever they wished. In this way the Son of Aḏam is also about to suffer by them.”
13 Then the taught ones understood that He had spoken to them about Yahuchanon the Immerser.

1. John didn’t have to be named Ěliyahu to be Ěliyahu.
2. Prophecy was happening and the people didn’t see it.
3. Ěliyahu proceeds the Coming of Ha’Mashyach.

Malachi 4:1-6
1 “For look, the day shall come, burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said Yahuah of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch.
2 “But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall.
3 “And you shall trample the wrongdoers, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,” said Yahuah of hosts.
4 “Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra’ĕl – laws and right-rulings.
5 “See, I am sending you Ěliyahu the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of Yahuah.
6 “And he shall turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction.”

2 Kings 2:1-18 #DoublePortion
1 And it came to be, when Yahuah was to take up Ěliyahu to the heavens by a whirlwind, that Ěliyahu went with Elisha from Gilgal.
2 And Ěliyahu said to Elisha, “Please remain here, for Yahuah has sent me on to Bĕyth Ěl.” And Elisha said, “As Yahuah lives, and as your being lives, I do not leave you!” And they went down to Bĕyth Ěl.
3 And the sons of the prophets who were at Bĕyth Ěl came out to Elisha, and said to him, “Do you know that Yahuah is taking away your master from your head?” And he said, “I also know, be silent!”
4 And Ěliyahu said to him, “Elisha, please remain here, for Yahuah has sent me on to Jericho.” And he said, “As Yahuah lives, and as your being lives, I do not leave you!” And they came into Jericho
5 And the sons of the prophets who were at Jericho came to Elisha and said to him, “Do you know that Yahuah is taking away your master from over you today?” And he said, “I also know, be silent!”
6 And Ěliyahu said to him, “Please remain here, for Yahuah has sent me on to the Yardĕn.” And he said, “As Yahuah lives, and as your being lives, I do not leave you!” And the two of them went on.
7 And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went and stood facing them at a distance, while the two of them stood by the Yardĕn.
8 And Ěliyahu took his mantle, and rolled it up, and struck the water. And it was divided this way and that, so that the two of them passed over on dry ground.
9 And it came to be, when they had passed over, that Ěliyahu said to Elisha, “Ask what I am to do for you, before I am taken away from you!” And Elisha said, “Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.”
10 And he said, “You have made it hard to ask, yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it is yours; but if not, it is not.”
11 And it came to be, as they continued on and spoke, that see, a chariot of fire with horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Ěliyahu went up by a whirlwind into the heavens.
12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried out, “My father, my father, the chariot of Yisra’ĕl and its horsemen!” And he saw him no more. Then he took hold of his own garments and tore them into two pieces.
13 And he took up the mantle of Ěliyahu that had fallen from him, and went back and stood by the bank of the Yardĕn.
14 And he took the mantle of Ěliyahu that had fallen from him, and struck the water, and said, “Where is Yahuah Elohim of Ěliyahu?” And he struck the water, and it was divided this way and that, and Elisha passed over.
15 And when the sons of the prophets who were from Jericho saw him, they said, “The spirit of Ěliyahu rests on Elisha.” And they came to meet him, and bowed to the ground before him.
16 And they said to him, “Look, there are fifty strong men with your servants. Please let them go and search for your master, lest the Spirit of Yahuah has taken him up and cast him upon some mountain or into some valley.” And he said, “Send no one.”
17 But they pressed upon him till he was ashamed, and he said, “Send.” So they sent fifty men, and they searched for three days but did not find him.
18 And they returned to him, for he remained in Jericho, and he said to them, “Did I not say to you, ‘Do not go’?”
19 And the men of the city said to Elisha, “Look, the site of this city is good, as my master sees, but the waters are spoilt, and the soil barren.”
In verse 9, Elisha asked for double portion. Verses 10-12 confirm that Elisha (The Servant) received a double portion of the spirit of Ěliyahu. ” My Father, My Father, the Chariot of Israel and its horsemen.”

2 Kings 2:19-22 #water
19 And the men of the city said to Elisha, “Look, the site of this city is good, as my master sees, but the waters are spoilt, and the soil barren.”
20 And he said, “Bring me a new bowl, and put salt in it.” And they brought it to him.
21 And he went out to the source of the water, and threw salt in there, and said, “Thus said Yahuah , ‘I have healed this water – no longer shall death or barrenness come from it.
22 And the waters were healed, to this day, according to the word of Elisha which he spoke.

John 2:1-12 #water
1 And on the third day there was a wedding in Qanah of Galil, and the mother of Yahusha was there.
2 And both Yahusha and His taught ones were invited to the wedding.
3 And when they were short of wine, the mother of Yahusha said to Him, “They have no wine.”
4 Yahusha said to her, “Woman, what is that to Me and to you? My hour has not yet come.”
5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever He says to you.”
6 And there were six stone water-jugs standing there, according to the mode of cleansing of the Yehuḏim, each holding two or three measures.
7 Yahusha said to them, “Fill the water-jugs with water.” And they filled them up to the brim.
8 And He said to them, “Now draw out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it.
9 But when the master of the feast had tasted the water that had become wine, and did not know where it came from – though the servants who had drawn the water knew – the master of the feast called the bridegroom,
10 and said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when they have drunk, then that which is poorer. You have kept the good wine until now.”
11 This, the beginning of the signs, Yahusha did in Qanah of Galil, and manifested His esteem. And His taught ones believed in Him.
12 After this He went down to Kephar Naḥum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His taught ones. And there they stayed not many days.

Examination of the name Ěliyahu. Who is Ěliyahu’s spirit?

1. “El“ as in Ěl Shaddai or #AlShadday means Almighty Powers
Exodus 6:3
“And I appeared to Aḇraham, to Yitsḥaq, and to Ya‛aqoḇ, as Ěl Shaddai. And by My Name, Yahuah , was I not known to them?

2. “Jah/Yah“
Psalms 68:4
Sing to Elohim, sing praises to His Name. Raise up a highway for Him Who rides through the deserts, By His Name YAH, And exult before Him.

HallaluYAH! KumbaYAH!
Combined we see ĚL-i-YAH-u means Almighty Power(s) of YAH. So a double portion of Ěliyahu’s spirit went to Elisha, the servant.

Yahuchanon is Ěliyahu who preceeds Mashyach (Bondservant)
Philippians 2:5-11 #Bondservant

5 For, let this mind be in you which was also in Mashyach Yahusha,
6 who, being in the form of Elohim, did not regard equality with Elohim a matter to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, and came to be in the likeness of men.
8 And having been found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, death even of a stake.
9 Elohim, therefore, has highly exalted Him and given Him the Name which is above every name,
10 that at the Name of Yahusha every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and every tongue should confess that Yahusha Mashyach is Master, to the esteem of Elohim the Father.

Matthew 3:1-2 #Yahuchanon/ Ěliyahu
1And in those days Yahuchanon the Immerser came proclaiming in the wilderness of Yehuḏah, 2and saying, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has come near!”

Matthew 4:17 #Yahusha/ Elisha
17 From that time Yahusha began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has drawn near.”

2 King 1:8 #Dress
1 And Mo’aḇ revolted against Yisra’ĕl after the death of Aḥaḇ.
2 And Aḥazyah fell through the lattice of his upper room in Shomeron, and was injured, and sent messengers and said to them, “Go, inquire of Ba‛al-Zeḇuḇ, the mighty one of Eqron, if I shall recover from this injury.”
3 But a messenger of Yahuah spoke to Ěliyah the Tishbite, “Rise up, go up to meet the messengers of the sovereign of Shomeron, and say to them, ‘Is it because there is no Elohim in Yisra’ĕl that you are going to inquire of Ba‛al-Zeḇuḇ, the mighty one of Eqron?’
4 “So therefore, thus said Yahuah , ‘You are not going to get out of the bed to which you have gone up, for you shall certainly die.’ ” And Ěliyah went.
5 And the messengers returned to him, and he said to them, “Why have you come back?”
6 And they said to him, “A man came up to meet us, and said to us, ‘Go, return to the sovereign who sent you, and say to him, “Thus said Yahuah , ‘Is it because there is no Elohim in Yisra’ĕl that you are sending to inquire of Ba‛al-Zeḇuḇ, the mighty one of Eqron? Therefore you are not going to get out of the bed to which you have gone up, for you shall certainly die.”
7 And he said to them, “What was the man like who came up to meet you and spoke to you these words?”
8 And they answered him, “He was a hairy man, and wore a leather girdle around his waist.” And he said, “It is Ěliyah the Tishbite.”

Matthew 3:4 #Dress
4 And Yahuchanon had a garment of camel’s hair, and a leather girdle around his waist. And his food was locusts and wild honey.

The beginning of the Good News of Yahusha Ha’Mashyach, the Son of Elohim.
Mark 1:1-4
#SendingMyMessenger #MakeStraight
2 As it has been written in the Prophets, “See, I send My messenger before Your face, who shall prepare Your way before You,
3 a voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of Yahuah, make His paths straight.’ ”
4 Yahuchanon came immersing in the wilderness and proclaiming an immersion of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Malachi 3:1 #SendingMyMessenger #MakeStraight
1 “See, I am sending My messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me. Then suddenly the Master you are seeking comes to His Hĕḵal, even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight. See, He is coming,” said Yahuah of hosts.

So when Yahuchanon baptized Ha’Mashyach, do we see the Bodily Form of the Spirit?

Luke 3:21-22 #BodilyForm
21 And it came to be, when all the people were immersed, Yahusha also being immersed, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 and the Set-apart Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven saying, “You are My Son, the Beloved, in You I did delight.”

Now do we see Immanuel?
Isaiah 7:10-25
#Immanuel
10 And Yahuah spoke again to Aḥaz, saying,
11 “Ask a sign for yourself from Yahuah your Elohim; make deep the request or make it high.”
12 But Aḥaz said, “I do not ask nor try Yahuah!”
13 And he said, “Hear now, O house of Dawiḏ! Is it not enough that you weary men, that you weary my Elohim also?
14 “Therefore Yahuah Himself gives you a sign: Look, the maiden conceives and gives birth to a Son, and shall call His Name Immanu’ĕl.
15 “He eats curds and honey when He knows to refuse evil and choose the good.
16 “For before the Child knows to refuse evil and choose the good, the land that you dread is to be forsaken by both her sovereigns.
17 “Yahuah brings on you and your people and your father’s house days that have not come since the day that Ephrayim turned away from Yehuḏah – the sovereign of Ashshur.”
18 And it shall be in that day that Yahuah whistles for the fly that is in the farthest part of the rivers of Egypt , and for the bee that is in the land of Ashshur.
19 And they shall come, and all of them shall rest in the steep ravines and in the clefts of the rocks, and on all weeds and in all pastures.
20 In that day Yahuah shall shave with a razor hired beyond the River – with the sovereign of Ashshur – the head and the hair of the legs, and also remove the beard.
21 And it shall be in that day that a man keeps alive a young cow and two sheep.
22 And it shall be, that he shall eat curds because of the plenty milk he gets, for everyone left in the land shall eat curds.
23 And it shall be in that day, every place where there were a thousand vines worth a thousand sheqels of silver, let it be for thornbushes and weeds.
24 With arrows and bows one shall go there, because all the land shall be thornbushes and weeds.
25 And to all the hills which were tilled with the hoe, you do not go for fear of thornbushes and weeds; but it shall be for sending oxen to, and a place for sheep to roam.

Matthew 1:18-25 #Immanuel
18 But the birth of Yahusha Mashyach was as follows: After His mother Miryam was engaged to Joseph , before they came together, she was found to be pregnant from the Set-apart Spirit.
19 And Joseph her husband, being righteous, and not wishing to make a show of her, had in mind to put her away secretly.
20 But while he thought about this, see, a messenger of Yahuah appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph , son of Dawiḏ, do not be afraid to take Miryam as your wife, for that which is in her was brought forth from the Set-apart Spirit.
21 “And she shall give birth to a Son, and you shall call His Name Yahusha for He shall save His people from their sins.”
22 And all this came to be in order to fill what was spoken by Yahuah through the prophet, saying,
23 “See, a maiden shall conceive, and she shall give birth to a Son, and they shall call His Name Immanu’ĕl,” which translated, means, “Ěl with us.”
24 And Joseph , awaking from his sleep, did as the messenger of Yahuah commanded him and took his wife,
25 but knew her not until she gave birth to her Son, the first-born. And he called His Name Yahusha.

YAH be with us all through Yahusha HaMashyach! Shalum!

2 Peter 1:16-21 #LastWord
16 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we made known to you the power and coming of our Master Yahusha Ha’Mashyach, but were eye-witnesses of His superbness.
17 For when He received respect and esteem from Elohim the Father, such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Esteem, “This is My Son, the Beloved in whom I did delight.”
18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the set-apart mountain.
19 And we have the prophetic word made more certain, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture came to be of one’s own interpretation,
21 for prophecy never came by the desire of man, but men of Elohim spoke, being moved by the Set-apart Spirit.

Sorry this is the wrong thread to be posting a Bible Study in. Can you please delete this from my thread and post this in an appropriate thread? :)

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apologize.. New to the site... what is the appropiate thread?

No problem. :) Save those for later when you can make a thread of your own, I think you need 10 messages before you can do so.

I get the idea that you are going to buy only one translation ever. What about picking one, read it, and then get a different one?

New world order?

I have no idea what this has to do with NWO. Sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:muahah:Eh

language and thought that to be the KJV (also verses from that Bible aren't taken out like the others). Now, in saying that I know translations are very tricky, but I also know from various translations (mainly the popular ones like NIV, ESV, NLT, ect) I've noticed inconsistencies and more in preparation for the New World Order. That actually is what led me astray for a very long time.

I was just wondering what you were talking about.

And yes, this thread sounds as if you are buying one bible to last the rest of your life. Whereas you could read several to get different perspectives.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was just wondering what you were talking about.

And yes, this thread sounds as if you are buying one bible to last the rest of your life. Whereas you could read several to get different perspectives.

Ahhh, now I understand! :) Wow, how time passes!

For my own reasons, yes, I stick with the KJV as my main, but that doesn't mean I don't use other Bibles as reference either. I am looking only for God's perspective, not anyone else'. :)

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's two interesting topics. 1) What is the NWO stuff about? 2) How do you get just God's perspective?

Well, #1 is considered conspiracy theory and this is not the thread for such discussion, but #2 on the other hand...

Through careful and diligent seeking for His perspective, I read His word aka: the Bible and wait and listen for Him to speak to me through others, as you constantly see in the Bible that He works through people.
:)

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, #1 is considered conspiracy theory and this is not the thread for such discussion, but #2 on the other hand...

Through careful and diligent seeking for His perspective, I read His word aka: the Bible and wait and listen for Him to speak to me through others, as you constantly see in the Bible that He works through people.
:)

I'll make a thread.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0