Surabaya
✟15,888.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother and sister, I am Liang from Indonesia. I am here to tell you that i am living with insomnia for years and it torment me so much everyday that i end up becoming suicidal. Its because i am so young and i lose my Job and many other things like girlfriend and my life is destroyed. Now i am on medication i sleep with medication im stressed and depressed because i am so young and i cant live my life to the fullest. i am still 28 years old. Without sleep i cant function i can go more than a week without sleep and it torment me so much i cried almost every time. So i come here i need a strong book. A book that will teach me show me the complete surrender to Christ , letting go to Christ. i am looking for a book that keep me going with life. A book that somehow can show me light that at least i can live. I am so depressed and anxious and fearfull everyday. I am tormented by mental illness and sleeplessness. Anyone please suggest me a book that can help me live. i really need it. Thank you and God bless.

• Prayers
Reactions: St_Worm2

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly the book you need to read is the bible.

However are you in fellowship?

Have you been baptised?

Have you had elders pray for you anointing with oil?

Have you really met Jesus?

Sorry to appear insensitive but a book is not the answer... He is !!

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother and sister, I am Liang from Indonesia. I am here to tell you that i am living with insomnia for years and it torment me so much everyday that i end up becoming suicidal. Its because i am so young and i lose my Job and many other things like girlfriend and my life is destroyed. Now i am on medication i sleep with medication im stressed and depressed because i am so young and i cant live my life to the fullest. i am still 28 years old. Without sleep i cant function i can go more than a week without sleep and it torment me so much i cried almost every time. So i come here i need a strong book. A book that will teach me show me the complete surrender to Christ , letting go to Christ. i am looking for a book that keep me going with life. A book that somehow can show me light that at least i can live. I am so depressed and anxious and fearfull everyday. I am tormented by mental illness and sleeplessness. Anyone please suggest me a book that can help me live. i really need it. Thank you and God bless.

See what you can find about iRest Yoga Nidra (the iRest is nothing to do with Apple products btw). There are a lot of audiobooks. It's a practical system of guided meditation that has been shown to be useful in tackling insomnia.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See what you can find about iRest Yoga Nidra (the iRest is nothing to do with Apple products btw). There are a lot of audiobooks. It's a practical system of guided meditation that has been shown to be useful in tackling insomnia.

Hindu meditation practices are not going to bring the OP closer to Jesus. On the contrary.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hindu meditation practices are not going to bring the OP closer to Jesus. On the contrary.

Getting closer to Jesus isn't a cure for mental illness or insomnia, yoga nidra practices are practical measures for the latter, and have been shown to be effective for anxiety and depression also. You don't need to know anything about Hinduism to practice meditation.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Getting closer to Jesus isn't a cure for mental illness or insomnia

Getting closer to Jesus is what the OP wants to do, and what he should do.

And yoga is a non-Christian spiritual discipline. Christians should not practice yoga.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So i come here i need a strong book. A book that will teach me show me the complete surrender to Christ , letting go to Christ.

As @Carl Emerson has pointed out, first and foremost you should read the Bible.

Let me also suggest this book, which is free online at Work info: Practice of the Presence of God: The Best Rule of Holy Life - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

16710.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting closer to Jesus is what the OP wants to do, and what he should do.

Yes, I see, I was responding to the parts about anxiety and insomnia etc. Those are better managed with techniques that people can learn to manage physiological processes.

And yoga is a non-Christian spiritual discipline. Christians should not practice yoga.

Yoga is no more non-Christian than cricket or swimming.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False. Yoga is a non-Christian (Hindu) religious practice.

It can be - if you want to do it that way, for many or most people though it’s the sound basis in physiognomy that is important. The same is true around the world, I have an Indian friend, now living in KSA, who learned a lot of basic yoga moves at school and still uses them, although he’s Muslim. The yoga was taught as a physical practice, like gymnastics and so on at school in the West. Yoga is movements of the body and control of the mind, people can inject some sort of spiritual element into it if they feel the need, but you it can’t ‘make’ you do that, anymore than Paul’s example of eating meet sacrificed to an idol would make someone a demon-worshipper.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend, the OP needs Jesus to be established and indwelling in his life as this alone will likely equip him to deal with the oppressions he is plagued with.

Many of these oppressions have a spiritual component that will need to be dealt with at a time when He has a seat of Jesus authority established in himself.

What he doesn't need to some advice to manage his symptoms and not deal with the cause.

So the basics of fellowship, baptism, time in the Word, spiritual accountability, prayer etc. need to be established as of first importance.

The reading of the Word in itself can be a healing experience.

So can we explore with him if the basics are in place, to assure that his journey to freedom gets a good start?

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2020
Surabaya
✟15,888.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What part of looking for a book recommendation all of you guys dont understand seriously? I have read the bible from start to finish 5 times already. Do i lack of faith is that what you guys trying to say? My life journey with this illness and issue does not make me less faithfull. I need affirmation comfort and reassurance to keep moving forward and being strong . Bible is good but reading a bible can also make a person jehovah witness or mormon . Without a good book to guide, you can be deceived! without a proper pastor or mentor bible is just a book. So what part of i am looking for a book that you guys not understand? A good book to guide desperate soul! im not looking for yoga or any other advice other than looking for a "book" . Goodness people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited: