Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully supply chains will improve when Covid cases decline. There is a lot of hoarding of the supplies that do arrive at ammo outlets. Employees are usually shooters who (along with their friends) often go through thousands of rounds of various calibers.

One employee told me that he and his pals go out west to shoot some kind of desert rodent (not prairie dogs) each year. He alone goes through 5000 rounds of varmint ammo on a two-week trip. And of course the manufacturers prioritize the calibers most in demand as well as the most profitable.

I suspect that most of the ammo is bought up by employees of the manufacturing and sales community, leaving little for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I orderd 5 lbs of powder last night (Dominion 4350 same as H4350), it cost $160.00 Canadian, that is about $133.00 US dollars, or $26/pound. This company buys bulk, surplus over-runs and packages it in 1 and 5 lb containers. A great deal in my books. And, no. They will not ship to the US.
Update... I love this powder!! Actually closer to be bulk density of IMR4350. I have used it in loads for both 95 gr. Hornady V-Max and 120 gr. PPU HPBT (6.5 x 55) in a new Zastava M70 and an older Husqvarna Military rifle. A few groups with the Zastava were under 3/4" at 100 yards, and with my old eyes on paper at 100 yards, the old Swede would do 6".

I hope I can get more when I need it; being surplus, when they sell out, it is gone and usually takes a couple years until they have a particular powder available again.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is ammo on ammoseek.com. I got some 40. S&B for a halfway decent price.

I checked it out. Nothing but FMJ in .380, plus the shipping cost for the ammo my gun likes to cycle (200+ ft lb muzzle energy) was way too high.

• Informative
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was making my own .380 and cycled good. Not a big deal. Been sending out some feelers trying to see if calif is recovering. But no word. Seems like Texas and the south getting more ammo and big box stores, recovering even on price a bit. Doesn’t seem like locally they are haven’t looked. AZ. I watch YouTube for my info. Igo to gunbroker when I can’t it anywhere else, so I’m keeping up.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0