Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Desperate times indeed, but I got clearance from the higher-ups that this thread will not break the advertising rule so long as we're not personally selling or benefiting from the links posted.

For starters I like to use these search engines:

www.ammoseek.com
www.wikiarms.com
www.reddit.com/r/gundeals

Gunbroker.com is good but pricey.

Federal is selling 9mm direct: Buy American Eagle Handgun for USD 26.99 | Remington

Good amount of in stock ammo here: Handgun Pistol Revolver Ammo | Natchez | 9mm .45 ACP .380 ACP .40 S&W

Hope you find something you need for a decent price!

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Checked them out. What I need is "out of stock". :( It seems that 9mm is widely available and some rifle calibers, but small arms not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I make my own. Components have been not too bad on GB, but at least available for what I have needed. Ammo is a pain to buy on line here so I don’t. But that is good news for many @OldWiseGuy . @98cwitr who is getting it first large shops or small shops?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am so glad I grew up in the People's Republic of California and was motivated to buy a decent amount of ammo in years past.

Got any .380's to spare?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I make my own. Components have been not too bad on GB, but at least available for what I have needed. Ammo is a pain to buy on line here so I don’t. But that is good news for many @OldWiseGuy . @98cwitr who is getting it first large shops or small shops?

Can you find primers for less than 10 cents a pop?! I cant!

Seems hit or miss, but I'm finding ammo sooner in small shops than large ones (ie: Bass Pro)

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Checked them out. What I need is "out of stock". :( It seems that 9mm is widely available and some rifle calibers, but small arms not so much.

Can you clarify "small arms" plz; 9mm, 5.56, and all other pistol/rifle calibers are considered, per definition, "small arms" calibers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately for me, a gun range nearby has a continuous supply of 9mm ammo. I'm glad that I stocked up before the price went up to $28 a box for 115 grain FMJ. I bought multiple boxes back when they still only cost $15 a box, but did end up buying 2 boxes after the price first spiked to $24 a box. Hollow points are now $45 a box. I stocked up when they were still $25 a box. Whenever I walk into Bass Pro or Academy Sports, I still see mainly empty shelves of ammo.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Fortunately for me, a gun range nearby has a continuous supply of 9mm ammo. I'm glad that I stocked up before the price went up to $28 a box for 115 grain FMJ. I bought multiple boxes back when they still only cost $15 a box, but did end up buying 2 boxes after the price first spiked to $24 a box. Hollow points are now $45 a box. I stocked up when they were still $25 a box. Whenever I walk into Bass Pro or Academy Sports, I still see mainly empty shelves of ammo.

With me the issue wasn't even price. In California, they were trying to put in a proposition that every time you bought ammo you went through a background check and had to wait a week in order to pick it up!

UPDATE: CRPA's Lawsuit to Challenge Ammunition Restrictions | CRPA

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Some components here in Canada are hit-or-miss right now. 6.5 mm projectiles are hard to find, lots of powder, but not always the powder we would like. Primers can be hard to find some times.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that an all the time thing, ‘hard to find in Canada’ ? I’m surprised that you still need an importer just to send a package from US to Canada. I tried to get involved on Gunpost but could be of no help. Wanted to sell a press too expensive to ship. If that were not so we could send stuff to there. gunbroker.com ? I got a few things not scalped too bad.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No, not all the time. Our prices are actually cheaper up here for ammo and powder (not sure why ammo) but a lot of the powder is made here. Primers are imported. Importation into Canada was not an issue until the US put restrictions on exporting guns, ammo and componenets, now US companies need a special and very expensive permit to export, and Canadians need one to import from the us. It is easier to get stuff like gun parts from Europe than it is from the USA.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be interested in your sources of parts in Europe @MarkRohfrietsch i have and had some European antiques. I can’t find on web or America. A cleaning rod for Kropatschek or front sight for Mauser 71/84. A lot of closed doors to guns in Europe too. Do you have trouble with currency conversion?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I would be interested in your sources of parts in Europe @MarkRohfrietsch i have and had some European antiques. I can’t find on web or America. A cleaning rod for Kropatschek or front sight for Mauser 71/84. A lot of closed doors to guns in Europe too. Do you have trouble with currency conversion?

I have not personally, but guys on our canadian forums will join forums in the UK and other countries; it is easy enough to convert and send money in any currency. Deal one on one with private people; not sure about the US, but few restrictions to Canada for anything that is legal to have here!!!

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I orderd 5 lbs of powder last night (Dominion 4350 same as H4350), it cost $160.00 Canadian, that is about $133.00 US dollars, or $26/pound. This company buys bulk, surplus over-runs and packages it in 1 and 5 lb containers. A great deal in my books. And, no. They will not ship to the US.

Upvote 0