I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
...There were Star Wars! Quite literally! But not the ones written by George Lucas.

There was war in heaven between Satan and his angels and Jesus and the host of heaven. Satan lost this battle and was cast out and in his fury deceived the world into rebellion against God. So we found ourselves conformed to the pattern of this world longing for a better place. "For God has set eternity in the hearts of all men." Not only that but he also, "determined the exact times and places that we should live so that we might seek him and find him for he is not far from each one of us."

In those days in that far away galaxy when the "Empire" was oppressing God's people he put his thoughts in their hearts and in their minds. "What does God say? What's the bible say? Is there a better place? Another way?" "But no one was found worthy to open the seals of the scroll." What page does a man begin reading on?

How wonderful is our counsellor! The Lord God himself! He sent his messengers! One after another!

The first two told about this city. How they described it was like paradise for one longing for a better country. So God provided the way to go to this city. It was a none stop one way trip with conviction! And there was seen something never seen before in the old country where everyone averts their eye. In this new city everyone, EVERYONE greeted with a welcome. But not only that the city had a river running through it and it really was like a park, green and lush, warm and welcoming.

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
And looking for workers a workman came along and said, "I know you."

To which he was given the reply, "No you don't."

And he went away.

Again! This stranger came along and said, "I know you!"

To which he was given the reply, "No you don't."

And he went away.

The third time this man came along and said, "I know you!!!"

To which he was given the reply, "No you don't! I am not from here. I have never been here before. I just arrived! You cannot know me!"

To which he replied, "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure" I replied.

And he said something I never heard before. He said, "I'm born again"

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
And I wondered.

And he asks, "Do you believe in God or the Devil?"

"No!" I emphatically reply.

He asks, "Do you believe in heaven or hell?"

"What do you believe in he asks?"

Honestly I tell him, "In myself and my own ability."

He then asks me, "Are you some kind of satan worshiper?"

Then after some mild conversation over a beer at the bar where I went to find workers to get an idea of what kind of employment is in the area he asks, "Where are you staying?"

Knowing my finances are slim being new to the city I am invited to take up residence with him.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
He tells me where he works and to come see him when my current temporary residency expires.

But the strangest thing happens. You cannot imagine! Hollywood doesn't do it justice! Three times a vision! Who is that! A vision is not like a dream you can picture in your mind afterwards bringing it to recollection. Three times a man I didn't know what I saw because it is not something a man can conceive! And when I found that very same vision recorded twice in scripture, then, I knew and understood!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Time passes and I have been given accommodation by this man. I'll never forget his name. That worker the Lord sent. Maybe it was the Lord himself?

The owner of the house has gone away to be with family and three of us taking residence in his home are sleeping. One hour and fifteen minutes later I'm woken by a roar. There is light in the kitchen but it's not from lightbulbs and there is haze filling the room.

I look and the wall is on fire! The cupboards engulfed in flames. The flames going across the ceiling and down the opposite wall!!

Do I wake those two and escape or put the fire out? There's a four litre milk jug full of water in the fridge! I'll try that first and save us all and the owners house!

I pass through the flames! Take the jug and the first drop. That first splash. That first mouthful of water! The flames vanish! I put the fire out and wake my friends. Only to be accused by the owners family of being the one who started it!

Woe is me! Later to discover another resident also stole from the owner and me!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
A year passes. I've returned home to take an account and for reconciliation.

I'm sitting outside on the step and this person riding by on their bicycle crashes right in front of me. Holding back the laughter I help this person up and they say a wondrous thing, "I'm born again."

What's this born again? Twice now a thing I've never heard before!!!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
I'm invited to meet the father so I go.

And he opens the book. That book I could not open myself. It was impossible for me to do it!

And he reads, "You are the salt of the earth..." "You are the light of the world..." And many other things. "Blessed are..." And "I am the bread of life..." And many other things.

Woe is me! I'm a murderer!

He was crucified for the sins of the world! Jesus is Lord!

They tell me, "Go to this place."

The very next morning I go. I enter. Take off my shoes. There is no one here! The door is open. I sit on the floor in the aisle. A man comes and I confess. And the voice of a man speaks. So I go.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
A few days later. "Our redeemer lives! Come to the altar."

A gentle tug and I move toward it. And like Phillip carried by the Spirit from one place to another...Acts 8:39 the Holy Spirit ushers the contrite into the Lord's presence. That mighty power for us who believe like he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead. How much more will the blood of Christ who by the eternal Spirit offered his blood cleanse our conscience from acts that lead to death!

He saved us through the washing of rebirth and the renewal of the Holy Spirit through the Living and enduring Word of God. Christ in you, the hope of glory!

Praise the Lord! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums